Carousel of Progress closing for refurbishment in late summer

Kman101

Yeah, after comparing the dates it's only an additional day. I guess a lot of work can be done in 6 days time (each time), but we'll see. I'm not sure why they split it now.

Gringrinngghost

maybe they will get rid of the moldy tile in the introduction room you enter.
13944407000_95cd46d7b1_b.jpg

Last edited:

DManRightHere

Errr...first the mine train isn't open while we are down there and now cop. We will actually be there the 15 and 16 but were not going to mk till the 17. At least we get to ride tta and ao now. Lol!

rct247

One of the possible reasons why it was split that I have heard is so they can take measurement/molds of the animatonics again to reskin them. By doing the prep work now, they can easily replace them in the short time later on. I would have thought they had all of the measurements/molds already, but the overall idea make sense. Other stuff that might get attention are the chairs and carpet.

Kman101

I'm happy to hear about what they plan to do. Good. Re-skinning needs to happen. The chairs and carpet are also desperately in need.

Thank you for the info!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Someone woke up finally and saw that it needed a lot of work. Thanks for the update Steve!
It is really only two more days right? Pretty much what it takes to set-up then clean up the construction twice instead of just once because it is now a piecemeal the project. Or am I missing something?

And yeah, you are right, it needs a lot of work, was in it a few weeks ago and plenty to do in both the guest area and on stages.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
One of the possible reasons why it was split that I have heard is so they can take measurement/molds of the animatonics again to reskin them. By doing the prep work now, they can easily replace them in the short time later on. I would have thought they had all of the measurements/molds already, but the overall idea make sense. Other stuff that might get attention are the chairs and carpet.

In reality that could happen in the overnight hours. They should still have most of that information on file too.

rct247

The Carousel of Progress has been closed for a few days now with not much visual progress or work being done on the outside. That said, I have heard from friends that inside all the animatronics have been stripped of hair, clothing, and skin and in some cases taken apart. Not sure what all is being done to them, but it sounds like we might see them getting refreshed a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom