sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Do we think those "bioluminescent paths" will be throughout the whole land? I'm thinking only in a Queue.
Something is telling me to wish it was the whole land, but to expect it only in the queue for the 2nd ride (boat ride?). The one piece of concept art we have from the boat ride is Pandora at night, through all the bioluminescent forests, so I could see them making the queue area this path in order to set the scene.
I have no idea how that technology would hold up in the hot, humid, rainy Florida weather, which is why I'm leaning towards queue only.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I hope the floating rocks will be a higher quality level of forced perspective than Beasts Castle is in FLE.
I'm guessing that since this will be the focal point for the entire land, they'll make sure to do it right. They brought in their rockwork guru and everything.

Of course, this is the company that shoved the BAH in front of another focal point for years on end, so who knows. At least they finally fixed that.

Mawg

Something is telling me to wish it was the whole land, but to expect it only in the queue for the 2nd ride (boat ride?). The one piece of concept art we have from the boat ride is Pandora at night, through all the bioluminescent forests, so I could see them making the queue area this path in order to set the scene.
I have no idea how that technology would hold up in the hot, humid, rainy Florida weather, which is why I'm leaning towards queue only.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking. Somewhere it will always be "night". They may hold up fine in the weather but the cost of the whole land and that they may look out of place during the day seems like they would be better suited for a queue. Hope I'm wrong and they can make it work everywhere.

Mawg

Yeah, this is what I was thinking. Somewhere it will always be "night". They may hold up fine in the weather but the cost of the whole land and that they may look out of place during the day seems like they would be better suited for a queue. Hope I'm wrong and they can make it work everywhere.
I'm taking this back. I took another look at the video and the path does transition well from day to night. Looks like dirt during the day and luminescent at night. An indoor queue would not need this effect. I think this is meant for outdoors. But how much does it cost and can they really do the whole land?

Mawg

I wished they had pushed strollers and driven EVC's across the path to see what it would look like once littered with them and what it would look like with 20,000 people crammed onto a path. For the first 365 days you won't even be able to look down at your feet. You're just going to be crammed into this area like sardines staring at the head in front of you and saying every once in awhile, "Honey, look at the glowing plant" and then, "Excuse me" as you bump into the person in front of you because you looked at the glowing plant instead of where you were going.

PorterRedkey

I wished they had pushed strollers and driven EVC's across the path to see what it would look like once littered with them and what it would look like with 20,000 people crammed onto a path. For the first 365 days you won't even be able to look down at your feet. You're just going to be crammed into this area like sardines staring at the head in front of you and saying every once in awhile, "Honey, look at the glowing plant" and then, "Excuse me" as you bump into the person in front of you because you looked at the glowing plant instead of where you were going.

Hopefully, TDO will keep capacity in mind when building pathways for Pandora. They have already expanded the area by the tree of life, so at least they are thinking about this in the early stages. Plus, it sounds like the rides will be people eaters which I image will have very long queues to hold more people. I just hope the crowds are manageable and Disney does a good job of spreading people over the whole land.

doctornick

I don't expect the light up path to be throughout the land. IMHO, the ideal place for it would be within a "walking path" for "animals of Pandora" like Pangani/Maharajah. If you have an attraction like that where people walk through and see AAs of some Pandora animals, you can have a stretch with the bioluminescant path which can be monitored by a CM there to make sure people aren't abusing/damaging it.

PorterRedkey

I don't expect the light up path to be throughout the land. IMHO, the ideal place for it would be within a "walking path" for "animals of Pandora" like Pangani/Maharajah. If you have an attraction like that where people walk through and see AAs of some Pandora animals, you can have a stretch with the bioluminescant path which can be monitored by a CM there to make sure people aren't abusing/damaging it.

I really hope they include a walking path that has AA plants and creatures from Pandora featured. This would be a great 3rd attraction for the land. If this were the only area to use the special reactive pathways, I bet they will use something like they have in Epcot, with a few little lights built into the pathways for the rest of the land.

flyerjab

As big of a fan as I am of this project, even I don't expect glowing pathways throughout the entire area. Obviously, there will be paths transitioning from "Earth" to "Pandora" so they might likely use that to their advantage. Maybe the glow in the dark paths will only be present in the heart of the expansion.

Fox&Hound

I really hope the 3rd attraction is a path as well with animals you can see on Pandora. It would be a nice tie in to the rest of AK and do a lot to help keep cohesion.

This area+ new nightime show+ expanded restaurants+ night entertainment+ night safari= WOW! I can't wait for a park that once was dubbed a half day park to take on a whole new life. I also love that people will clamor to see it at night, thus moving people out of MK. I think Disney Springs would be smart to offer something at night as well to continue to move people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom