matt9112

Out of curiosity have we heard of anything official regarding the rumored fact the oasis entry area is likely going to need to be made more traffic flow friendly as part of this task.

EdC

Out of curiosity have we heard of anything official regarding the rumored fact the oasis entry area is likely going to need to be made more traffic flow friendly as part of this task.
I seem to recall some of the VPs walking with their crew around the Oasis before Pandora was officially announced. Not sure of the conversation, but recall it was mentioned in one thread or another here. The park will probably have emergency exits in Pandora, so I'm not sure if they'll really need to expand the paths at the exit/entry.

Rob562

I seem to recall some of the VPs walking with their crew around the Oasis before Pandora was officially announced. Not sure of the conversation, but recall it was mentioned in one thread or another here. The park will probably have emergency exits in Pandora, so I'm not sure if they'll really need to expand the paths at the exit/entry.

I think the crowd-flow issues might be more to do with Rivers of Light than with Avatar. At the conclusion of the show each night the walkways would be flooded with crowds greater than pretty much the park has ever seen at one time in the past. It wouldn't surprise me if they institute some kind of a pressure-relief route from Dinoland to the entrance plaza, perhaps via the backstage gate near Restaurantosaurus.

Or perhaps if they were to remove/relocate one of the animal habitats on the east side of the Oasis they could build a new walkway from Trilo-Bites outside Dinoland, along the river and right into the Oasis. It wouldn't have to be open all the time, just when needed, like the bypass at the MK. That way the mass of crowds coming from the Dinoland viewing area could just keep going straight to the Oasis rather than turning right and crossing onto Discovery Island as they'd have to now.

-Rob

twebber55

It IS huge! The steel building has 4 Soarin-sized theaters, and then the large concrete area is a boat ride, which looks more and more like it will be indoor/outdoor.
alright @Tom I was just thinking it now will be solely indoors..what makes you think that its both? because that will impact my opinion lol

chiefs11

alright @Tom I was just thinking it now will be solely indoors..what makes you think that its both? because that will impact my opinion lol

I agree, it looks to me like its going to be on the lower level of the showbuilding...possibly below grade (after they backfill against those walls). Unless there's a drop, say, from the outside front area (that looks like a lake or something to me) into the basement. While that would be awesome, I really doubt it.

Tom

Beta Return

What aspect makes you think it would be both indoor and outdoor?

Yeah, looking at the new picture to me it looks less likely that there will be an outdoor portion.

I was looking at the photo on my phone earlier, and the northern walls didn't appear as tall as they are. Now that I study the photo on my laptop, I need to change my assessment. It looks like a large concrete walled facility for the boat ride, which will be partially buried on the east and north sides. South will probably exit at grade and have service doors, shops, etc.

How likely is it that the boat ride will include some sort of drop?

I'm not talking anything huge, but something like Maelstrom's (RIP) drop or Pirates. I think if a drop is included (which I hope it is) it needs to be family friendly.

I don't see evidence of any kind of drop. A drop wouldn't need that size of a pit for its run-out. It just follows the rails and bottom of the trough.

doctornick

I don't see evidence of any kind of drop. A drop wouldn't need that size of a pit for its run-out. It just follows the rails and bottom of the trough.
http://<a href="http://forums.wdwma...03594">Avatar construction aerial updates</a>
Someone else suggested that the picture shows a possible drop. The idea being that there is a walled in are on the north (kind of in front of the Banshee ride) that could be an initial show scene (either indoors or out) and then there is a gap in the concrete walls (going south/southeast) where you enter the "main" show building at a lower level. It's tough to tell from the photo if there is a slope in that area which would indicate a change in elevation.

dstrawn9889

Someone else suggested that the picture shows a possible drop. The idea being that there is a walled in are on the north (kind of in front of the Banshee ride) that could be an initial show scene (either indoors or out) and then there is a gap in the concrete walls (going south/southeast) where you enter the "main" show building at a lower level. It's tough to tell from the photo if there is a slope in that area which would indicate a change in elevation.
the shadows tell the story, the wall is large, and it cuts the (what i am going to call) the upper pond, with only a small amount of shadow there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom