Any News on a Replacement for Wonders of Life?

Which of the following changes should be made first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
I wouldn't be too sure of that.

HP will be spectacular. Mysterious Island AND somthing at MK would be enough...maybe...I don't know...the Little Mermaid?

What sounds like the best course of action for Disney would be to a. copy the Little Mermaid ride from DCA at the Magic Kingdom b. break ground on a new land for AK (Mysterious Island would be pretty awesome, or perhaps something totally different?) and c. work on the Monsters INC. roller coaster at DHS. Those combined with the refresh of Space Mountain should be enough to drag people away from Universal.

SirGoofy

That was/is part of a plan that got lost in the economy.

Table service? I hope so. MK needs a quality TS.

What sounds like the best course of action for Disney would be to a. copy the Little Mermaid ride from DCA at the Magic Kingdom b. break ground on a new land for AK (Mysterious Island would be pretty awesome, or perhaps something totally different?) and c. work on the Monsters INC. roller coaster at DHS. Those combined with the refresh of Space Mountain should be enough to drag people away from Universal.

Yup, that would work. Heck 2 outta 3 would work. Let's see if anything happens.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Not only that, but if the new land at AK is proven to be Mysterious Island, something exclusive to FL would be pretty cool in addition to JtTCoTE (nice acronym hua) and 20,000 Leagues. A From the Earth to the Moon ride would be pretty awesome too.

Jasonflz

Not only that, but if the new land at AK is proven to be Mysterious Island, something exclusive to FL would be pretty cool in addition to JtTCoTE (nice acronym hua) and 20,000 Leagues. A From the Earth to the Moon ride would be pretty awesome too.

That would be pretty cool.

We already have Around the World in 80 days at Pleasure Island.;)

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Eh, not really. It will take up some of the old 20K plot, but the playground will remain, I think.

The original plan was to replace 20,000 Leagues with The Little Mermaid. In fact, there have been a bunch of different versions of the ride that have been tossed around, but none were ever built until the one that's coming to DCA is finished. I'm not sure how much of what use to be 20,000 Leagues the Pooh Playground takes up, but I could see them building a new pavilion with the Little Mermaid dark ride in it behind the playground.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
See the problem I have is they shouldn't play this wait and see game. HP will blow people's minds. I'm sure of that. Disney needs to at least announce some kind of counter soon, because a half-baked refurb of SM isn't going to cut it.

I believe that Disney seriously doubt that HP will blow peoples mind. Remember the main man behind HP joined Disney mid way through the HP design. He knows exactly what's going on there. Disney also had a lot of hands on with the Kuka system, and reportedly didn't think much of it in the end.

If we also go back to when IOA opened, it didn't hurt Disney. I always remember on the day it opened WDW put out a full page congratulations open letter in the Sentinel congratulating Universal on the opening and thanking them for making Orlando an even more attractive tourist destination. If people go to Orlando, they go to WDW - simple as that. Disney fear Vegas and cruise lines, not Universal.

SirGoofy

The original plan was to replace 20,000 Leagues with The Little Mermaid. In fact, there have been a bunch of different versions of the ride that have been tossed around, but none were ever built until the one that's coming to DCA is finished. I'm not sure how much of what use to be 20,000 Leagues the Pooh Playground takes up, but I could see them building a new pavilion with the Little Mermaid dark ride in it behind the playground.

The playground takes up a minuscule part of the 20K plot.

I believe that Disney seriously doubt that HP will blow peoples mind. Remember the main man behind HP joined Disney mid way through the HP design. He knows exactly what's going on there. Disney also had a lot of hands on with the Kuka system, and reportedly didn't think much of it in the end.

If we also go back to when IOA opened, it didn't hurt Disney. I always remember on the day it opened WDW put out a full page congratulations open letter in the Sentinel congratulating Universal on the opening and thanking them for making Orlando an even more attractive tourist destination. If people go to Orlando, they go to WDW - simple as that. Disney fear Vegas and cruise lines, not Universal.

I don't see how HP won't blow pleople away, but we'll see when it opens. From everything I've heard they've got another Spider-man on their hands.

And personally, I don't see the problem with attendance. I know WDW will always have the upper hand there. But if Universal pushes the envelope with this one, that's2 spectacular rides better than any ride Disney has put out in the past 15 years.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Well maybe the combination of Universal's new coaster and Sea World's new coaster will convince Disney that they need to put some kind of mega attraction plan into action.

Jasonflz

The right advertising for MI, Monster's Inc. coaster, Space Mountain completion, and whatever they want to put out will give them the easy upper hand. Just look at Expedition Everest. It had MEGA-ADVERTISING behind it and got DAK as one of the busiest parks for a while when it opened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom