Any News on a Replacement for Wonders of Life?

Which of the following changes should be made first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
I figured I'd ask this because I have been wondering for a while now what WDW was planning on doing with the now defunct pavilion at Epcot. I figure they won't just keep using it for special events. That is a prime location that could house a new mega attraction. Any news or thoughts?

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
I think that kinda sucks. The last time I was at Epcot it was open for some event, so I walked in and looked as the Body Wars sign taunted me. Why? Why must you taunt me!

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
I mean come on, if you are going to leave the place the way it is, then they should open Body Wars and Cranium Command every once in a while so I can relive some good times.

wdwmemories

I would love to see a new attraction there, but agree that it isn't likely to happen. Especially with this economy, I don't see any companies stepping up to sponsor much of anything :(

SirGoofy

I mean come on, if you are going to leave the place the way it is, then they should open Body Wars and Cranium Command every once in a while so I can relive some good times.

Well last I heard Body Wars isn't really in operable shape anymore.

And I was also told CC has been completely taken out.

Jasonflz

Cranium Command probably won't open.
Unfortunately Body War's simulator's have been taken out. (at least I think they have)

Jasonflz

Me too!:cry:

Fortunately I have a feeling something good is going to happen to Epcot throughout the next 10 years.:animwink:

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Yeah. Disney really needs something to compete with Universal's 1-2 punch of The Rip Ride Rockit and Harry Potter. I have a good feeling whatever they are planning might happen at Epcot.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
idk, I have heard a lot of rumors about Magic Kingdom getting the Little Mermaid dark ride from California Adventure as a possable major addition. Animal Kingdom needs more rides, so I could see that too. Since it appears they are trying to completely redo Hollywood Studios, I think a likely new ride is an indoor thrill ride in the Pixar Place area.

Jasonflz

Here's some things that would be nice.
-SGE removal
-bring Indiana Jones Adventure to WDW
-Jiyi v.4
-updated Soarin' film
-Little Mermaid dark ride
-Pixar Place additions
-updated RNRC
- WoL getting big update
-new UoE film
-finished SSE descent
-Sounds Dangerous removal
-Star Tours 2.0

Any more ideas?

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
I may just be ignorant, but I couldn't figure out what some of those acronyms stood for. I knew UoE and SSE, but most of the rest I couldn't figure out. One thing I would love to see happen, that I think could be Disney's answer to the new mega Harry Potter ride, would be to convert The Great Movie Ride into a new high tech thrill ride featuring a segment where riders could take part in a custom made short film. I actually came up with a consept for it and everything.

Basically, the exterior would remain the same but line area would be converted into the Disney Film Institute. The giant theater room I would like to see made into smaller screening rooms ala Test Track. There, a pre-show would explain that the DFI was designed to showcase the magic of Disney films, both classic and modern. Their latest discovery is a way to literally travel into the movies. My original vehicle idea was basically a copy of the Spider-Man ride vehicle, but since I believe Universal owns that consept, I could see a modified version of the Dinosaur vehicle working too. The main portion of the ride would be a journey into the world of Disney movies ranging from classic to more modern, allowing riders to experience some really cool segments from Disney films. The second part, which would probably be the coolest, as well as the most complex, would allow riders to take part in the creation of a custom short film. There would be touch screens inserted similar to SSE that would ask each rider what language they speak and then a series of questions. These questions would help determine what kind of movie the riders would be making. Then, after the setting is explained (several possables I came up with are pirate adventure, space and jungle exploration), the riders would be thrust into a custom "soundstage" where the vehicle would move around simulating whatever situation they get. Then, randomly during the ride, a camera would come on and a line would appear at random for a rider to say during the ride. The whole thing is recorded of course. After it's done and the riders exit, they enter a second mini theater where they can watch their finished film and then enter a gift shop where they can purchase a copy of their film.

It may not be a practical idea, but you do have to admit that it would be really cool if it could be done.

SirGoofy

-SGE removal-Possible
-bring Indiana Jones Adventure to WDW-Not gonna happen anytime soon
-Jiyi v.4-Probably the first thing to get greenlit once they do something
-updated Soarin' film-No clue on this one
-Little Mermaid dark ride-Personally I think this NEEDS to happen...but I'm not holding my breath
-Pixar Place additions-Again, one of the first things that will happen
-updated RNRC-I don't know what you are getting at here
- WoL getting big update-Not gonna happen
-new UoE film-I don't see this happening soon, others do. We'll see
-finished SSE descent-I'm seriously beginning to think it's done
-Sounds Dangerous removal-Probably happen soon...but I can see it being vacant for a while.
-Star Tours 2.0-I honestly have no idea what to think here. It should have been opening next month, so who knows.

Any more ideas?

DAK Expansion-It was supposed to break ground soon, so I would think this would happen first along with JII.

krankenstein

-SGE removal & replacement
-bring Indiana Jones Adventure to WDW
-Jiyi v.4
-updated Soarin' film
-Little Mermaid dark ride
-Pixar Place additions
-updated RNRC
- WoL getting big update
-new UoE film
-finished SSE descent
-Sounds Dangerous removal & replacement
-Star Tours 2.0

Any more ideas?

I fixed two things on your list. I would also add a complete remodel of Toontown, Mysterious Island at DAK, and Muppet's Studios.

Jasonflz

That's okay. Acronyms can be confusing.
Let me name some for you.
RNRC-Rockin' Roller Coaster
UoE-Universe of Energy
SM-Space or Splash Mountain
SGE-Stitch's Great Escape
GMR-Great Movie Ride
EEA-Ellen's Energy Adventure
WoL-Wonders Of Life

P.s. There is an Imagineer section on the forums that you can post your idea in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom