Any News on a Replacement for Wonders of Life?

Which of the following changes should be made first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jasonflz

Mt. Sushi
Mt. Godzilla (actually an original plan for the park)
Mt. Toho
Mt. Mothra
Mt. Hyundai (?????)
Mt. Mt
Mt. Japan
Mt. Epcot

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
I could see some Japanese company sponsoring it and using their name for the mountain. Besides Fuji Film and a car manufacturer that is... Mt. Sony?

WDW1974

That's why it didn't happen previously. However, it could be argued that Kodak's sponsorship has been bad for the park as it was on their request that Imagination was refurbed originally, wasn't it? They also wouldn't allow the initial Mt. Fuji concept to be added and sponsored by Fuji film.

Just gotta correct yet another urban/internet/CM/fanboi myth here.

Mt. Fuji not being built had NOTHING to do with the fact there is a film company of the same name and Kodak being a Disney sponsor. Nothing at all. Zero. Zip. Nada.

Put this away in the filing cabinet that all the busdriver stories come from along with Cindy's removable hurricane turrets ... dark spaces on the Swan and Dolphin being removable holes for monorails etc ...

tirian

Mt. <insert Japanese surname here>

Can't be that difficult.

Mt. Sushi
Mt. Godzilla (actually an original plan for the park)
Mt. Toho
Mt. Mothra
Mt. Hyundai (?????)
Mt. Mt
Mt. Japan
Mt. Epcot

Yeah, well...

Mt. Fuji not being built had NOTHING to do with the fact there is a film company of the same name and Kodak being a Disney sponsor. Nothing at all. Zero. Zip. Nada.

Put this away in the filing cabinet that all the busdriver stories come from along with Cindy's removable hurricane turrets ... dark spaces on the Swan and Dolphin being removable holes for monorails etc ...

...What he said. If Disney had really wanted to build a coaster in Japan, and if Kodak really had objected, the project would have been renamed.

Why wasn't Switzerland built with the Matterhorn? Don't blame it on sponsorship deals, because Disney didn't care about sponsorship in the loose-money-era-1990s. Why wasn't the rainforest coaster built in Future World? Why wasn't a Fuji-type attraction built in World Showcase?

Simple, not-too-negative answer: execs don't think Epcot needs a coaster to be successful.

RSoxNo1

Was the only Kodak protest to Fuji Film in the parks the original coloration of Figment?

Space Mountain

Beastly Kingdomme was originally planned to open with the park. It's dead as of now. The leading canidate is Mysterious Island from Tokyo.

Star Tours II is supposedly done. Just needs to be implemented.

It has been confirmed to be replacing ST I within 5 years..I know, long time from now, but at least it will happen.

FigmentJedi

:hurl: Don't remind me of that. Didn't Figgy used to have a tv show or was that just a lie my parents told me?

Actually, there was a very shortlived show on Disney Channel back in the day that lasted only like two episodes and dropped of the face of the earth. Like literally, there's only a few pieces of evidence out there that it even existed.

Your parents are probably thinking of some of those educational shorts they did featuring Figment.

Jasonflz

Actually, there was a very shortlived show on Disney Channel back in the day that lasted only like two episodes and dropped of the face of the earth. Like literally, there's only a few pieces of evidence out there that it even existed.

Your parents are probably thinking of some of those educational shorts they did featuring Figment.

:sohappy: Does anyone have any of these episodes on video?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom