Another Bus Crash 4/3

PhotoDave219

Why? Are you never going to ride in a car again either... what about a plane. Accidents happen and they always have. This is nothing new. The only thing that is new is the local news media's incessant need to report it each and every time.

So you find Guests deaths and injuries & damage to their property acceptable?

.... Thats right, its the MEDIA's FAULT that Disney has accidents. Clearly if the MEDIA WASNT INVOLVED that Nine-year-old boy would still be alive. Obviously the MEDIA trains transportation and creates internal management policies at Disney.

TURKEY

A Disney bus driver is charged with careless driving after two passenger vehicles were struck by the bus shortly before noon on Saturday.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, bus driver Fredrick Cassens, 81, struck the back of a 2009 Chevy sport utility vehicle after failing to see that the car was stopped at a stoplight. That impact caused the Chevy to hit the back of a 1999 GMC van, also a Disney vehicle.

The accident occurred at E East Buena Vista Drive and World Drive.

There are no reports of injuries, and WESH.com is reporting that 19 people were on board the Disney bus.

The crash is the third such event on the theme park's property the past two weeks, with the most recent involving a 9-year-old Pinellas County boy, who was killed Thursday after his bicycle drifted into the side of a Disney bus at Fort Wilderness.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/os-crash-disney-bus-chevy-20100403,0,4415113.story

If the age of the driver is correct, I think that something really might be wrong with Disney's standards. There is a good percentage of 80 year olds that have trouble driving their own passenger cars, not buses.

Master Gracey 5

Its definitely concerning to have three incidents in rapid succession, but at least no one was hurt in this instance. I really hope we don't see any more of these threads for a long long time.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm leaving the thread before we see a repeat of Thursday's arguments over Disney transportation.

llrain

hey, wheres that guy from the other accident who told me these are all just coincidences....I said yesterday this is a problem that disney dearly has.
IN the past 40 years or so it has never escalated to something like this.
Again overworked, not paying attention, etc is causing all of this, its our society now and it sucks.
Coincidence eh?

Start safety training Disney more. Maybe you should come to our company, my local utiltiy where my linemen have had a big fat ZERO incident rate in over 10 years as well as the meter readers who drive as much as the bus drivers do
Disney should be ashamed of itsself for the sake of its profits and shareholders and hiring incopentant drivers....Like i said in my last post too
I can vividly recall every incident in my last 4 trips in 2 years where I was frightened by the drivers, they are crazy.
FLame away, bring it on...but you have no right to say this is all a coincidence now

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
81? No offense to the bus driver, but we didn't let my grandfather operate the TV remote at that age.....

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
So you find Guests deaths and injuries & damage to their property acceptable?

.... Thats right, its the MEDIA's FAULT that Disney has accidents. Clearly if the MEDIA WASNT INVOLVED that Nine-year-old boy would still be alive. Obviously the MEDIA trains transportation and creates internal management policies at Disney.

Show me on the doll, where the MEDIA touched you.

:lookaroun

captainkidd

Yeah, 81 years old, in my opinion, is too old to be driving a bus. Sorry, but this one, especially given that they are already saying driver negligence, is all on Disney.

cdunbar

His age is such a catch 22. If they hadn't of hired him they'd probably be in trouble for age discrimination, and now that they did they're gonna be scrutinized for who they did hire. But, I do agree that an individual in their 80's should not be driving a bus... :shrug:

Tom

Beta Return
A Disney bus driver is charged with careless driving after two passenger vehicles were struck by the bus shortly before noon on Saturday.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, bus driver Fredrick Cassens, 81, struck the back of a 2009 Chevy sport utility vehicle after failing to see that the car was stopped at a stoplight. That impact caused the Chevy to hit the back of a 1999 GMC van, also a Disney vehicle.

81?!?!? Now, yes, I'm going to stereotype old people, but they can barely drive cars, let alone public transportation. One day, "experience" has to give way to "age".

hey, wheres that guy from the other accident who told me these are all just coincidences....I said yesterday this is a problem that disney dearly has.
IN the past 40 years or so it has never escalated to something like this.
Again overworked, not paying attention, etc is causing all of this, its our society now and it sucks.
Coincidence eh?

Here I am! :wave:

co·in·ci·dence: Function: noun. The occurrence of events that happen at the same time by accident but seem to have some connection.

3 different drivers. 3 different buses. 3 different events. Unrelated, except by the fact that they're all Disney bus drivers. By definition, coincidences.

Arguably, events 1 and 3 MAY result from a common thread of employing drivers that aren't 100% qualified to do their job (event 2 - 9-yo boy - is definitely UNrelated to the other 2 events in any way).

However, if you want to blame Disney for hiring these people, you need to also blame the drivers' Union for continuing to protect them and encourage their employment with "such awful training".

Tom

Beta Return
His age is such a catch 22. If they hadn't of hired him they'd probably be in trouble for age discrimination, and now that they did they're gonna be scrutinized for who they did hire. But, I do agree that an individual in their 80's should not be driving a bus... :shrug:

Sigh. So true.

captainkidd

Wouldn't hear age discrimination from me, that's for sure.

Not to open a whole other can of worms, but the underlying issue may be Disney's notorius reputation for paying diddly-squat. This is why so many senior citizens work there. They're just doing it as a way to keep busy. Nobody working outside of Disney Corporate does so for the money.

Tom

Beta Return
Wouldn't hear age discrimination from me, that's for sure.

Not to open a whole other can of worms, but the underlying issue may be Disney's notorius reputation for paying diddly-squat. This is why so many senior citizens work there. They're just doing it as a way to keep busy. Nobody working outside of Disney Corporate does so for the money.

True.

I guess bad things do happen in 3's...all good now.

Whew.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom