Any News on a Replacement for Wonders of Life?

Which of the following changes should be made first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jasonflz

Ok, here is the exact text of the rumor I found to back my claim up:

According to the latest entry at Jim Hill Media, “The Russians are Coming!” No… not in a Red Dawn kind of way, but apparently WDI has revived their old plans from Eisner’s Disney Decade (1990-2000) and is looking to build a Russian pavilion once again World Showcase. This makes sense really since way back in the day apparently the Russian Pavilion got to the point where it was fairly far along in the design phase before the collapse of Russia caused the whole project to go with it.
Way back on one of my first visits to Epcot back in 1990 or 1991 I was pulled aside by Disney CMs at Epcot and asked to take part in a focus group on possible new attractions they were considering for the park at the time. It’s kind of funny to think about the ideas they presented to us then and what happened to them all.
Back then they talked about adding some kind of new “Space” themed pavilion to Future World which we know eventually became Mission: Space. A River Rapids ride in the unlabeled African area of World Showcase was discussed, but we know that project ended up being moved into the new Animal Kingdom park project instead. Then they showed off lots of artwork and plans for a Mt. Fuji roller coaster project to go in behind the Japan Pavilion which was the groups favorite idea of all. Of course we how know how this project was kicked around for years, objected to by Kodak, and later revived at Animal Kingdom as Expedition Everest. What they say about Imagineering is definitely true… a good idea is never gone forever but can usually come back when the time is right.
Case in point now would be the Russian pavilion… which was probably just about the only concept they showed us way back then that had yet to resurface… until now. Way back then the idea was to build a big building that would have a similar look to the famous Saint Basil’s Cathedral (which is actually not part of the Kremlin). They had an interesting list of attractions they wanted our opinions on as well that included what sounded like big show on the scale of the American Adventure that would merge filmed footage, projected displays and animatronic figures to retell the history of Russia. There was also some kind of slow moving flume ride concept that would be themed to a classic Russian fairy tale that escapes me, but according to Jim Hill it was to be Ivan and the Magic Pike. For those of you yawning already, there was also a thrill ride concept thrown into the mix as well. This idea proved to be the second most popular attraction idea in our focus group, coming in just behind Mt. Fuji and before the Space Pavilion concept was a thrill ride themed to the Russian Olympic bobsledding team. I don’t even think they had any artwork for it at the time, it was just something being talked about, but our group just loved the idea of a wild bobsled ride.
If the Russian Pavilion idea is coming back, it’s a good time for it. The Russian economy is said to be back on its feet and after spending most of the last decade updating all of Future World, it’s about time to start revamping World Showcase. Of course there is no telling if any of the old ideas will become part of the new pavilion plans or if they have come up with all new ideas instead. Right now we just have to wait and see what develops.

:eek:I never heard of that! That sounds like it could have been cool.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
The attraction Dinosaur uses the same technology as Indiana Jones Adventure and they are in the same park. Not happening.

Yeah that's what I thought. So pretty much the only places a copy of Indiana Jones could go are Adventureland or Hollywood Studios, with the latter being much more likely.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
There was also a rumor posted in the Magic Kingdom section that TTA could be converted into IncrediPods, which are basically 4 person pod vehicles that spin like Buzz Lightyear. I really hope not because it's great the way it is, but if there was ever a time to make the change, this would be it.

Jasonflz

There was also a rumor posted in the Magic Kingdom section that TTA could be converted into IncrediPods, which are basically 4 person pod vehicles that spin like Buzz Lightyear. I really hope not because it's great the way it is, but if there was ever a time to make the change, this would be it.

That rumour was proved to be false a long time ago.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm not sure that (20K) will come over here if they do try to make Mysterious Island at AK,
That was the first option for DAK.
There was also a rumor posted in the Magic Kingdom section that TTA could be converted into IncrediPods,
Rumour only. Looked at for DLs Peoplemover. Not happening in Orlando.

Jasonflz

There is, however, rumour that the Disneyland Peoplemover system will be brought back as Gyroballs. It's a cool idea but I want our TTA to stay as is.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
That was the first option for DAK.
Rumour only. Looked at for DLs Peoplemover. Not happening in Orlando.

Good. I'm glad to hear that.

It's kinda funny how this thread has pretty much turned into a giant laundry list of rumors and attractions we want to see.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Ok, here's something I would really like to see happen here. I'm sure you all know about the holiday rethemeing that goes on at DL for The Haunted Mansion and it's A Small World. I would love to see that, especially the Haunted Mansion one, come to Orlando. My guess is that it hasn't and probably won't because of the fact that Orlando's parks are open year round and they don't want to shut down those two rides for several months each year just to retheme them for a brief period. Still, after watching the YouTube video for last year's Haunted Mansion Holiday, I would love to see that happen in Orlando.

Jasonflz

Ok, here's something I would really like to see happen here. I'm sure you all know about the holiday rethemeing that goes on at DL for The Haunted Mansion and it's A Small World. I would love to see that, especially the Haunted Mansion one, come to Orlando. My guess is that it hasn't and probably won't because of the fact that Orlando's parks are open year round and they don't want to shut down those two rides for several months each year just to retheme them for a brief period. Still, after watching the YouTube video for last year's Haunted Mansion Holiday, I would love to see that happen in Orlando.

'snaps fingers'

How did I forget that. Thanks for reminding me. That would be pretty cool to have in WDW.

Jasonflz

Here's some things that would be nice.
-SGE removal & replacement
-bring Indiana Jones Adventure to WDW
-Jiyi v.4
-updated Soarin' film
-Little Mermaid dark ride
-Pixar Place additions
-updated RNRC
- WoL getting big update
-new UoE film
-finished SSE descent
-Sounds Dangerous removal & replacement
-Star Tours 2.0
-DAK expansion (Mysterious Island)
-Fantasyland expansion/refurb
-Toontown Remodel
-Muppet's Studios
-World Showcase additions
-Great Movie Ride update
-New Film for Magic Eye Theatre (replacing HISTA)
-CoP updated end scene
-IASW update
-Beauty and the Beast dark ride
-Seven Dwarfs Mine Cart ride
-Peter Pan's Flight refurb
-Backlot Tour update
-Haunted Mansion Holiday added to park
-Old Skyway building being used for restaurants or rides

Still room for more!

Jasonflz

I really think that the Tomorrowland skyway building should be used as a restaurant. Imagine looking out over Tomorrowland while eating.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Yeah I could see the old Skyway building being used for something. Maybe not anything huge, but something neat could go there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom