The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I wish I had the weather to grow my own:( The strangest thing I've ever grown was ginger and I've had good luck with that:joyfull:

Yes, avocados and the trees they grow on (at least of the cold-hearty variety are OK down to about 20F. Below that, major damage will begin to occur.
As far as US production is concerned, there are about 60,000 ares of avocados grown in California, 6,500 in Florida, and so few in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas the USDA doesn't even count it.

donaldtoo

Yeah, that's what I loved about the escape room....it's all different kinds of puzzles. There was a word find and once you crossed out all the words on the list, the uncrossed letters spelled a code number. There were hieroglyphics, there were sequences. It was just all sorts of things that got you thinking and doing. Really great entertainment and I don't understand why most places had a minimum age of around 14-16. This one didn't, but even the one we did the week before...our kiddos totally could have done it with us.

The one we did had a minimum age of 8.

Songbird76

Our plan to visit opa this weekend was foiled. He was supposed to get to go home this weekend, but developed a fever yesterday and they can't figure out where the infection is. But he's hallucinating and has some sort of amnesia...kept asking my MIL what my hubby and his brother do for work. Plus he's sleeping a LOT. So we can't really visit....too exhausting for him and too scary for the kids. So we were going to take the kids swimming and hubby would go visit alone...but the pool was closing in 20 minutes. So we took them to see Despicable Me 3 instead! So cute!
Tomorrow, DD and I are going to do a movie marathon featuring Nuns. We have Sound of Music, Sister Act 2, and POSSIBLY The Princess Diaries (there's a scene with 2 nuns), but we've watched it twice this week already. Well..she has. Sister Act 1 is not on Netflix here, so we can't watch that...

Last edited:

donaldtoo

I guess this is a personal viewpoint, but it's the reason why I won't go "home" ever again. (After my parents passed away years ago, the house was sold.) I just don't think I could bear to look at any "changes" to "our" house and/or the street--where we knew all the neighbors, back then. When I was a kid, it was rare for anyone to move. We "grew up" with many families on the street, from infancy through college, etc.

Best, for me, that those moments in time remain intact in my memory, undisturbed.

I can understand that.
When I was younger, we never lived anywhere for very long (No Cal was the longest at about 8 years).
We moved from San Antonio, Texas to Huntsville, Alabama when I was 4. We were only there for about 18 months, and then we moved to San Jose, California for those 8-ish years. We've been back in Texas since August of '76.
Don't know about the house we first lived in in San Antone, 'cause I don't remember even the neighborhood or address (will hafta' ask my folks about that). But, I have google earthed the house in Huntsville and the 2 we lived in in San Jose, and they are all still there.
I love google earth (although, not as much as actually flying ;))...!!!!! :happy:

Huntsville, and both San Jose houses, respectively... :)

Ours was the one on the corner just below the google earth balloon...

image.png

House in the middle...

image.png

The lower house with the red roof...

image.png

Sorry :oops:, I just thought it was cool to be able to find most of them.
I remember the name of the street we lived on in Huntsville, but, not the address. I remember the name of the street and address of our first house in San Jose, and I remember the street name, address, zip code, and even phone number (minus the area code, it was 224-0297:D) of the last house we lived at in SJ...!!!!! :hilarious:

MOXOMUMD

chicken stripes.. at a movie theater? what kind of heresy is this? o_O

I never seen a theater offering anything beyond hotdogs or nachos over here lol.
Unless it was a VIP theater and charges like an upscale restaurant.
Our theater sells all the basic stuff but our drive-in theater sells pizza, burgers, hot dogs, chicken, subs, fries, onion rings with all the usual stuff too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom