The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Our 401K annual deposit was suppose to go into the bank yesterday, and of course it didn't. I hate when things don't go as planned. Now my husband has to call and check on this. I can't do it, since technically it's his money, since his name is on the account. Also our new Medicare Insurance, which is Aetna has gotten the idea from somewhere that we still have our old Blue Cross Insurance. I had to call Aetna about that yesterday, and they are supposed to handle that matter and get back to me. Life has a way of throwing these annoying little matters at us all at one time. At least the ants are gone for now.
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at least the ants are gone:joyfull:

donaldtoo

Hmpf. We got home from our fall trip and we too had missed Country Bears and we always do that once, same with the Carousel. Did at least remember CoP and Tiki. Somehow we never saw Indiana though. None of it clicked until we were home.

Yep, as I posted earlier, we missed CBJ on our Princess 5K trip. And we also missed Tiki. But, we made sure we saw CoP. We love that attraction...!!! :inlove:
I actually wish they would have never updated the final scene at all (it's been so, chronologically, disjointed for all these years now) and left the time period original to the '64-'65 New York World's Fair version...! :)

Songbird76

How fun! Sounds like all of y'all were really engaged and had an awesome time together...great family bonding...! :)

A coupla' years ago our office did an escape room event on a Half-day Friday. I think it was called "The Panic Room". Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend because of a prior engagement.
But, my DWifey and kiddos (and I posted about it at the time) surprised me with an early Father's Day visit last year to a local themed "puzzle" place. They wouldn't tell me what the place was...they even made me have to figure out that "puzzle" :rolleyes:. Our lovely DDs have the the most wonderful sense of humor...!!! :happy: All (and I mean ALL) of the staff were in character from minute one. It was a hoot the whole way!
The 6 of us were in competition with 6 college dudes. We did a charade room, we did a clue room, we did a puzzle room, we did a riddle room (7 rooms total, and I can't remember all of them... :cyclops: :oops:), and we lost by 2 lousy points. :bored:
But, it was sooo much fun...I just love making my brain work like that...!!!!! :joyfull:
And, it seems my kiddos know it...!!! :happy: :inlove: :)
Yeah, that's what I loved about the escape room....it's all different kinds of puzzles. There was a word find and once you crossed out all the words on the list, the uncrossed letters spelled a code number. There were hieroglyphics, there were sequences. It was just all sorts of things that got you thinking and doing. Really great entertainment and I don't understand why most places had a minimum age of around 14-16. This one didn't, but even the one we did the week before...our kiddos totally could have done it with us.

Songbird76

I love report card day!! It's such a happy day! We DID have to have a talk with DS about remembering to study his Topography...that was the only low score he had and we know it's because he forgot to study for several tests. When he studies, even if he goes through it only once or twice, he usually gets at LEAST 80%. He passed, but just barely, and we know he can do better. We have a policy in our house that if you get a 60% because that's the best you can do, YAY!! 60% is great! If you get a 60% because you were lazy and didn't do the work, that's unacceptable. So that was the only disappointment. DD had straight A's with most of her scores being in the 95% to 100% range, so if she doesn't get the advice to do VWO (that's the highest level and the only one that has the dual immersion English/Dutch program she wants to do) then something is wrong with the system.
DS was also supposed to have his chess exam today and he was half-way through it when one of the teachers collapsed with a Diabetic blood-sugar dive and they had to abandon the test and get an ambulance there. I was the only parent on the premises, so I got to babysit the kids, who were naturally confused, scared, etc. while the staff was otherwise engaged in first aid. Poor guy hit his head on a cabinet on his way down. I didn't see it...I wasn't in the room and they ushered the kids into a side room and put up a divider to keep the kids from gawking. One of the teachers ran by where I was sitting and asked me to go sit with the kids and try to reassure them that everything was ok. So they will have to do their tests another time.

donaldtoo

And on this different note We have been to waterparks everywhere. I love the thrill as does my family. We are a water family. From ships to parks I've never seen any waterpark pull off what Disney has and I've been to many waterparks in so many states. If you ever have a day I would highly recommend hopping between the two. I genuinely love them (once you can get to them via transportation) And on that note my waterpark of choice this year will not be Disney. It will be volcano bay. Looks awesome.

Yep, Volcano Bay looks pretty cool, no doubt!
Again, with only week-long (at most, for now) WDW vacations, it's just not something we feel a deep need to do, although, the Disney water parks look very cool, too.
Also, as you know, if we want to go to a water park, we have one of the consistently ranked best ones in the nation just down the road...Schlitterbahn...!!!!!!! :joyfull: ;)
They introduced the worlds first bodyboarding ride, and also the worlds first water coaster technology...! :happy: :)

FutureCEO

th
th

BAChicagoGal

My husband called the 401K people, and they said that our deposit was processed yesterday, and it should get to the bank in 2 or 3 days. Then why did they originally tell us, that the bank would have it by June 15th. I guess I shouldn't always believe what people/companies tell me. I am becoming cynical in my old age. Although my older son does tell me to not be so negative.

BAChicagoGal

Texas Flip & Move is on. I love this program. The contractors they feature on this program really have great ideas, and do cool things with these houses that they move, and fix up. Speaking of houses, my younger son drove by our house that we moved out of 31 years ago. He was surprised that our old house was demolished, and a brand new house now sits at our old address. He said the entire neighborhood was unrecognizable. Much was the same last year, when I went by the neighborhood where I lived when I was in grammar school. Not much still standing over there. My grammar school was torn down years ago, and now the entire property has been taken over by a large city hospital. Progress.

Goofyernmost

My husband called the 401K people, and they said that our deposit was processed yesterday, and it should get to the bank in 2 or 3 days. Then why did they originally tell us, that the bank would have it by June 15th. I guess I shouldn't always believe what people/companies tell me. I am becoming cynical in my old age. Although my older son does tell me to not be so negative.
It is processed means that they have sent the transfer to the location of your 401. The delay comes in recording it. They still give you credit for the time that they received authorization, but, they don't really get it all processed until, usually, three business days later. So they didn't deceive you, you just need to understand that processing thousands of transactions that come in on a daily basis sometimes take longer. My paycheck, for example, arrives at the bank destined for my account, usually two days before the actual payday. It gets recorded on the pay date listed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom