The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

And now we have an episode of "SWG can cook, but don't tell her parents."

Here we are:
IMAG0964.jpg
We have a salad with avocado, cheddar and monterey jack cheese, bacon bits, and a chipotle ranch dressing.
IMAG0965.jpg
Then we have the main course. A bacon-wrapped filet mignon cooked to medium rare and a baked potato with cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
IMAG0963.jpg
And wine and candlelight, because darn it, I want wine and candlelight.

Oh, and I've never cut open an avocado before, and this was the result after just watching a YouTube video...
IMAG0962.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We got more rain last night. It was around 8:30 and the sky got kind of yellow and then it just down poured for about 15 minutes. It was pretty freaky. It might be getting to the point here where we are getting too much rain soon, in some fields there is some standing water. This rain has "awakened" the mosquitoes too, and I am NOT a fan of that.

We got one 1 hour storm around midnight. Ground still taking it. Its been real hot around here.

Note: mint tends to keep the mosquitoes away. Extract (cooking) or snip some off and put hanging out of a pocket etc.

StarWarsGirl

That avocado looks perfect. Makes me drool for my favorite topping for crackers. Just fresh ripe smashed avocado.
I love avocado. I crave it and eat it at least once a week.

Except since I'm the only one in my family who eats it, we don't usually buy it. But I bought three of them; one ripe, one almost ripe, and one not quite there so I can have avocado all week.

Gabe1

Wow...has it been a year? It seems so recent!! How are you doing today? I'm sure it's a hard day for you. Sending you hugs and prayers, too.

It is that 1st everything but we did OK really. We did find it odd that it was beyond miserably warm and humid-exactly like it was a year ago. We had multiple strange moments of deja vu tripping over in life things my Dad would have liked, ate or did. Like he was say hey hey remember this....

Gabe1

BearHug.jpg~c200

Awe, thank for the hug. :inlove:

Gabe1

That's the reason my dh keeps a small cooler at work.:hungover::hungover::hungover: well that and once in a while if there is something yummy in it, it will grow feet, I'm thinking everything in there grows feet one way or another:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

When I was pregnant I kept a couple yogurts and small fruits in our fridge at work. I went to grab one and they were gone. I had one of the corner offices but outside my door was the fridge in the room that held 4 of our newer surveyors.

I see it sitting empty on this dudes desk. He was from Poland and he had a weird thing with woman and he oddly had this entitlement thing going, he had been in the US about 4 years tops, political asylum. I found him to not liking Americans let alone female Americans. I was the senior surveyor. He took issue with that. Like the decade longer I was there meant nothing.

So I asked him if he ate my food, he said I didn't know it was yours. Me, but you knew it wasn't yours right? He reached into his pocket and pulled out 2 quarters and said here, go away now. :jawdrop: Before I could say a thing one of the other guys bolted out from his desk, words were exchanged as I just stood there. :eek: Thought he'd belt the piglet. Being pregnant I took a step back. He stopped eating my food. :cautious: My DD when she started working at her University the fridge got cleaned on Friday and worked the later shift. Whoever cleaned it threw everyones food out on Friday even though half the staff was still there.
They had to start labeling their food...I'm 2nd shift don't throw my lunch out. She did buy a freezable lunch bag and kept her food in her cubical.

Gabe1

^^^This. I got just enough avocados then to make a small batch and I had to beef it up with finely chopped tomatoes:mad: I'm sure I've mentioned before my boys can go through the stuff like some kids go through chips:greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy: oh yeah they go through those also:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Anybody out there want to swap food bills? PLEASE

It is comments like that.:banghead: I'm glad my DS is grown. Those growing years were very hard and calling him a picky eater was being kind. I was beyond relieved that when he entered high school I could give him $25 a week for lunch, $40 during boys swim team season and be done with it, buying it all at school.

Even in college when he eventually moved out of a dorm and into an apartment the dining plan was purchased. That way I knew I was feeding him and not his roommates. :mad: The Disney College Program was rough food wise. Even though he was earning, the 'rent' per week was absurd. He had between 6-8 roommates and was still over $100 a week. A racket they have going there. I sent care packages, they had to be signed for thank goodness. Plus I sent him the same $$$ as when he was at his University. The stores very close to Disney were very expensive.

Songbird76

It is that 1st everything but we did OK really. We did find it odd that it was beyond miserably warm and humid-exactly like it was a year ago. We had multiple strange moments of deja vu tripping over in life things my Dad would have liked, ate or did. Like he was say hey hey remember this....
Yeah...my mom died on the 4th of July, so there's always a HUGE reminder. The first year after she died, I had a dream about her where God let her come back for just a bit to talk to me because I was still so upset, so he sent her to tell me she was ok. Firsts are just hard.

Gabe1

I never had an avocado :cautious:

Well, technical when I worked at Scrubway (Subway), I tried that version and it was nasty. Which I know real avocado is different.

I wont put that avacado 'spread' in my mouth either. Try a quality guacamole someday. Yummy and good for you too. Places like Uncle Julio's mash it and add it the spices and other veggies in front of you. You know what is in it. I love it.

Gabe1

We usually buy just 2 avocados a week, but they are only for dd15. At $2 each I won't buy more. She is the only one here that likes them. I hate the mouth feel. She makes her own guacamole and enjoys it all to herself. :)

I wrestle with food bills too. Avocados are such a healthy food I buy them. But I rarely pay $2, far more during the artificially created shortage. I'd rather buy avocados that some of the other junk food.

Gabe1

Just took my parents and brother to the airport, so I am now on my own for two weeks. Hanging out at Starbucks now, then going into work. I get to leave at about 1 pm, so then I'll go home and sleep.

Wait. I thought you were joining them? Did I miss something (else? like I'm not missing enough already :facepalm:)

Gabe1

Interesting how laws are so different from state to state, or even just municipality within a state. I was surprised to read that a pet could be buried in your back yard. There are very strict Board of Health laws here that prohibit that, although I can't say that's the case for the entire state. I never researched it beyond my area.

We can't bury on our properties either. Though my first the Shepard ashes are buried in a sealed container in our front yard. Walter is up in Wisconsin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom