The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We got one 1 hour storm around midnight. Ground still taking it. Its been real hot around here.

Note: mint tends to keep the mosquitoes away. Extract (cooking) or snip some off and put hanging out of a pocket etc.

I will have to try the mint thing sometime. But I tend to get bitten even if I wear bug spray. :(

What a great idea! Mickey Pizza!

@Cesar R M That pizza looks awesome. Well done! :hungry:

Did you have 3 people that wanted different toppings?

Here is a picture of the Mickey Pizza I made last night for dinner. I guess hubby took a picture, he was pretty excited about it.
19106060_10156212850774428_5546862784791390088_n.jpg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yeah...my mom died on the 4th of July, so there's always a HUGE reminder. The first year after she died, I had a dream about her where God let her come back for just a bit to talk to me because I was still so upset, so he sent her to tell me she was ok. Firsts are just hard.

Every once in awhile (maybe about every 2-3 months) I have a dream with my Mom in it. I love those dreams, we are usually doing something completely absurd but when I wake up after one of those dreams, it feels like I just got a hug from Mom.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Just came back from Cars 3.. they definitively went back to their roots, they left the stupid theme of #2 in the dust.

It was a good story. And also of growing up and accepting fate.. also of giving opportunities.

Wont say much but theres also very good jokes.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I have been hearing good things about it. We are planning to see it on the Disney Dream in about a week.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Happy farm market Saturday:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I can't wait to see what will be there:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry: James wants to go with me so wish me luck so most of the food makes it all the way home. Last time he went he ate almost a quart of snow peas before we got home:banghead:

Hope you get some good finds at the farmers market! I thought about going this morning, but we leave for vacay tomorrow (well actually fly out on Monday) it would be a waste since I won't be doing any cooking before then. I'm looking forward to going when we get back though.

MySmallWorldof4

I will have to try the mint thing sometime. But I tend to get bitten even if I wear bug spray. :(

Every time I go in our veggie garden and pick strawberries I always come out with little bug bites. We even have mint in the garden. I just hate putting on bug spray if I will only be out for 5 minutes.

Here is a picture of the Mickey Pizza I made last night for dinner. I guess hubby took a picture, he was pretty excited about it.
19106060_10156212850774428_5546862784791390088_n.jpg
That is so darn cute!:)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I guess this is a personal viewpoint, but it's the reason why I won't go "home" ever again. (After my parents passed away years ago, the house was sold.) I just don't think I could bear to look at any "changes" to "our" house and/or the street--where we knew all the neighbors, back then. When I was a kid, it was rare for anyone to move. We "grew up" with many families on the street, from infancy through college, etc.

Best, for me, that those moments in time remain intact in my memory, undisturbed.

I drove past my childhood home the other day, my dad sold it a couple years ago and usually I don't have to drive past it to go to my sister's house who lives near there. But I was taking my niece to the Dairy Queen so I had to drive past it twice, and I got a look. They have made a few changes but nothing super major, they cut down some trees and fixed some steps (steps that my mom begged my dad to fix for years). Anyway, it wasn't a huge change but it still made me feel a little sad.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Lucky!!!! Can't wait for that TR. A double dip one, correct?:)

Yep, double dip! Should be a great time. I got my first WDW restaurant reservation reminder this morning, and it got me even more excited!

That is so darn cute!:)

Thanks, I would like to say it was my original idea but I saw it on Facebook a few months ago. So I bought the mini pepperoni when it was on sale a few weeks after I saw it and I've been waiting for us to have homemade pizza night to pull it off.

MySmallWorldof4

Hope you get some good finds at the farmers market! I thought about going this morning, but we leave for vacay tomorrow (well actually fly out on Monday) it would be a waste since I won't be doing any cooking before then. I'm looking forward to going when we get back though.
Are you all packed? Leaving for vacation tomorrow is the best reason not to cook. ;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yes and it was organic maple syrup. ;) Whole wheat flour too. Only 2 tablespoons of syrup in the batter.

Organic and whole wheat, even more healthy! ;) Pile it on then! It is probably more healthy and better than the McDonald's pancakes I had yesterday for breakfast. But those were pretty tasty too, Kapono thought so too when she ate my leftovers I brought home for her.:)

MySmallWorldof4

Yep, double dip! Should be a great time. I got my first WDW restaurant reservation reminder this morning, and it got me even more excited!

Thanks, I would like to say it was my original idea but I saw it on Facebook a few months ago. So I bought the mini pepperoni when it was on sale a few weeks after I saw it and I've been waiting for us to have homemade pizza night to pull it off.
Ok so you are spending the first night at WDW? Where is the ADR for?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Are you all packed? Leaving for vacation tomorrow is the best reason not to cook. ;)

I have to do a little last minute packing, but the major stuff is packed. I finished our fish extender gifts and door decorations for the cruise yesterday. I have to do a little light cleaning of the house today too, I hate coming home to a dirty house after vacation.

Tomorrow we are staying up in Minneapolis for the night, we are going when hubs gets done with work. I have to shop for another pair of shorts. As I was packing I noticed a hole had developed in my favorite shorts and in a spot that couldn't be fixed. We will by staying by the Mall of America so I shouldn't have much of a problem finding a pair.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Ok so you are spending the first night at WDW? Where is the ADR for?

We have 6 nights at WDW before the cruise. The ADR is for Monday, lunch at Homecomin'. I haven't decided if I should get the chicken again or try something new. Maybe hubby will want to share two different dishes. I do know I want some of those biscuits. I just wish hubby liked deviled eggs because I would love to try those and I probably shouldn't eat the whole appetizer of those by myself. It isn't an appetizer that would travel well for touring around after, and it would be awkward to share with people at another table.

Goofyernmost

I drove past my childhood home the other day, my dad sold it a couple years ago and usually I don't have to drive past it to go to my sister's house who lives near there. But I was taking my niece to the Dairy Queen so I had to drive past it twice, and I got a look. They have made a few changes but nothing super major, they cut down some trees and fixed some steps (steps that my mom begged my dad to fix for years). Anyway, it wasn't a huge change but it still made me feel a little sad.
When I was 5, my father built a house on a lot in the city. We lived in it for two years before he got promoted and we moved into a huge company house. My elderly Aunt lives right next door to that first house so I see it whenever I visit (every two years now) It is exactly the same as when he built it, at least externally, and that was 64 years ago. The second house also looks the same outside and back a few years ago I saw that it was deserted so I stopped in to look around. I tried the door and it was open. I went in an looked around. It was like a time warp. Everything, including the stove was what was there when we lived there. It had a knotty pine wall in the huge living room and my dad had purchased this huge landscape picture centered in the middle of it. You could still see the difference in wall color where the picture was (everyone was a smoker back then). My room was exactly the same and because it was on a second floor with no dormer, there was storage behind the walls. I opened the door and there was a few bundles of hard wood flooring pieces that were, from what I remember, in exactly the same place that they were when we lived there. As a time frame we moved from there in 1963. This was probably around 2002. Even the wallpaper was the same. It was almost creepy. Even the basement wall was still the same color my Father had painted it when it was our entertainment room. It had been occupied most of the time after we left.

MySmallWorldof4

I was going through pictures for my TR and got to the Happily Ever After pics and video I took. Dd6 heard and came over and then said she wanted to watch on tv. So I found it on YouTube. Then it started playing the last Wishes automatically. It made me teary especially when it ended but the whole crowd was singing Wishes. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom