New speciality cruise takes guests around World Showcase Lagoon

dreamfinder

So it's basically just an hour long pontoon boat rental with a driver included? That lets you go into the World Showcase lagoon?

castlecake2.0

If you decide to add private dining to make it a lunch cruise it could be something nice. I think this is something similar they already offer on Seven Seas Lagoon? If you're having a non park day and wanted to do something different it could be an option.

Bocabear

The questions that I have about this are:

1) How close to the shore will the boat travel, and

2) How will guests partaking of this 'addition' behave while on the boat?...

http://inspiringscience.net/2013/08/14/no-secrets-by-the-lakeside-how-water-affects-sound/

This could be why this hasn't been offered yet...
Why the obsession about people having an cocktail and how they will act..? I swear these boards seem like they are frequented by Puritains... I am sure if they are paying $149 for a one hour cruise with a snack and soft drink, everyone will behave themselves... And if they don't, I am sure Disney would give you your money back if you complain...But honestly the drinking is not out of hand during lunch...

pmaljr

ROTFLOL

tma.gif

JediMasterMatt

Ok... raise your hand if the first thought that went through your head that this was going to be using one of the Friendship boats and pull it out of service to do it (ala the Tianna Riverboat Parade Fleecing)?

Congrats TDO, you're making progress - monetizing without diminishing services at the same time.

I'm sure it's going to be very classy having a pontoon party boat floating around the Lagoon in the middle of the day. It's one thing do it outside the stage of the parks... it's another to do it inside onstage. The fireworks viewing boats at least were discrete and stayed at the edges and they were only at night.

Wake me up when we get to water ski and fish Around the World. With all the booze... they will have turned it into your average lake/reservoir on a hot summer day.

rael ramone

Why the obsession about people having an cocktail and how they will act..? I swear these boards seem like they are frequented by Puritains... I am sure if they are paying $149 for a one hour cruise with a snack and soft drink, everyone will behave themselves... And if they don't, I am sure Disney would give you your money back if you complain...But honestly the drinking is not out of hand during lunch...

I wasn't actually thinking about adult beverages.... I was thinking about noise in general coming from the lake. Imagine a cheerleader group renting a boat and 'practicing' out on the lake...

The goal of every upcharge SHOULD be *do not disturb day guests*. A family quietly enjoying a boat ride around the lake shouldn't be an issue. A group doing their 'cheer' would...

Otterhead

I don't understand why someone would do this
Boat rides are relaxing and entertaining, and I'm sure a lot of people have thought about the idea of a private ride around the circumference of World Showcase, seeing all of the different lands from a different perspective. Sure, you can sail from one end to the other on a FriendShip, but this would be a longer trip with a different route & different view. Plus snacks, drinks, and a guide. I personally wouldn't pay $150 for it, but if I was staying at the Yacht & Beach Club and wanted a "cruise", this would fit the theme.

Bocabear

We once rented the Breathless II for an illuminations cruise. It was I think at the time about $395 and there were 4 of us... We had a captain and the provided snacks, we brought a bottle of Bolly,and had a lovely time...after the fireworks he just toured us around for a while... That lovely evening was TOTALLY worth it...but it was not a daytime thing ...not sure how they will justify the cost for this...

jgj123

Boat rides are relaxing and entertaining, and I'm sure a lot of people have thought about the idea of a private ride around the circumference of World Showcase, seeing all of the different lands from a different perspective. Sure, you can sail from one end to the other on a FriendShip, but this would be a longer trip with a different route & different view. Plus snacks, drinks, and a guide. I personally wouldn't pay $150 for it, but if I was staying at the Yacht & Beach Club and wanted a "cruise", this would fit the theme.
I guess it's too each their own, but I still don't get the appeal of this - but I see they also do this on the 7 Seas Lagoon from the MK Resorts...... oh well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom