1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

New speciality cruise takes guests around World Showcase Lagoon

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by wdwmagic, May 18, 2017.

1. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

2. DznyGrlSD

DznyGrlSD Well-Known Member

Or you could take the friendship boats for free and bring your own snacks? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. drizgirl

drizgirl Well-Known Member

I had the same thought. What the heck?

4. dreamfinder

dreamfinder Well-Known Member

So it's basically just an hour long pontoon boat rental with a driver included? That lets you go into the World Showcase lagoon?

5. Otterhead

Otterhead Well-Known Member

Well, it's an hour spent boating past the lands of World Showcase as you eat snacks or have lunch on board. So, no.

bethymouse, brb1006 and jaklgreen like this.
  6. castlecake2.0

castlecake2.0 Active Member

If you decide to add private dining to make it a lunch cruise it could be something nice. I think this is something similar they already offer on Seven Seas Lagoon? If you're having a non park day and wanted to do something different it could be an option.

bethymouse, Jess G and jaklgreen like this.
  7. danyoung56

danyoung56 Well-Known Member

There better be some really good narration going on to make this of any value to me.

8. AJH219

AJH219 Well-Known Member

I kid you not, I was just telling my friend the other night I was surprised this wasn't happening already. Here we go. Lol. This is not something I'd take advantage of, I'd much prefer an hour or two cruise around 7 Seas or Bay Lake.

bethymouse and Kman101 like this.
  9. ABQ

ABQ Well-Known Member

Let me ride around in one of those cool boats the pyro crew uses to push fireworks barges into position and maybe I'd throw some cash around, but a pontoon boat, yawn.

bethymouse, MinnieM123, Bacon and 5 others like this.
  10. rael ramone

rael ramone Well-Known Member

Sonconato likes this.
  11. DisneyJoe

DisneyJoe Well-Known Member

This is just a daytime version of the fireworks cruise that they offer - with no fireworks of course.

bethymouse likes this.
  12. Bocabear

Bocabear Well-Known Member

Why the obsession about people having an cocktail and how they will act..? I swear these boards seem like they are frequented by Puritains... I am sure if they are paying $149 for a one hour cruise with a snack and soft drink, everyone will behave themselves... And if they don't, I am sure Disney would give you your money back if you complain...But honestly the drinking is not out of hand during lunch...

Allym146, kvillegas, Jon81uk and 16 others like this.
  13. jgj123

jgj123 Active Member

I don't understand why someone would do this

14. pmaljr

pmaljr Well-Known Member

ROTFLOL

[​IMG]

bethymouse, Allym146, larryz and 28 others like this.
  15. jakeman

jakeman Premium Member

Doesn't matter. Someone should be along shortly to make something up that fits the narrative you're looking for.

xdan0920, brb1006, Stitchon and 5 others like this.
  16. JediMasterMatt

JediMasterMatt Well-Known Member

Ok... raise your hand if the first thought that went through your head that this was going to be using one of the Friendship boats and pull it out of service to do it (ala the Tianna Riverboat Parade Fleecing)?

Congrats TDO, you're making progress - monetizing without diminishing services at the same time.

I'm sure it's going to be very classy having a pontoon party boat floating around the Lagoon in the middle of the day. It's one thing do it outside the stage of the parks... it's another to do it inside onstage. The fireworks viewing boats at least were discrete and stayed at the edges and they were only at night.

Wake me up when we get to water ski and fish Around the World. With all the booze... they will have turned it into your average lake/reservoir on a hot summer day.

bethymouse, tribbleorlfl and Red Sox like this.
  17. rael ramone

rael ramone Well-Known Member

I wasn't actually thinking about adult beverages.... I was thinking about noise in general coming from the lake. Imagine a cheerleader group renting a boat and 'practicing' out on the lake...

The goal of every upcharge SHOULD be *do not disturb day guests*. A family quietly enjoying a boat ride around the lake shouldn't be an issue. A group doing their 'cheer' would...

Nemo14, lilclerk and Sonconato like this.
  18. Otterhead

Otterhead Well-Known Member

Boat rides are relaxing and entertaining, and I'm sure a lot of people have thought about the idea of a private ride around the circumference of World Showcase, seeing all of the different lands from a different perspective. Sure, you can sail from one end to the other on a FriendShip, but this would be a longer trip with a different route & different view. Plus snacks, drinks, and a guide. I personally wouldn't pay $150 for it, but if I was staying at the Yacht & Beach Club and wanted a "cruise", this would fit the theme.

19. TyrantBossMedia

TyrantBossMedia Member

Why would anyone want to pay $149 dollars to ride around a lake? What are you seeing that you can't see from the land except for the countries......from the water?

20. Bocabear

Bocabear Well-Known Member

We once rented the Breathless II for an illuminations cruise. It was I think at the time about $395 and there were 4 of us... We had a captain and the provided snacks, we brought a bottle of Bolly,and had a lovely time...after the fireworks he just toured us around for a while... That lovely evening was TOTALLY worth it...but it was not a daytime thing ...not sure how they will justify the cost for this...