New speciality cruise takes guests around World Showcase Lagoon

Sir_Cliff

We once rented the Breathless II for an illuminations cruise. It was I think at the time about $395 and there were 4 of us... We had a captain and the provided snacks, we brought a bottle of Bolly,and had a lovely time...after the fireworks he just toured us around for a while... That lovely evening was TOTALLY worth it...but it was not a daytime thing ...not sure how they will justify the cost for this...
That makes sense to me.
This currently thing would also if (and I know this won't go down well here) a bottle or two of Bolly or some other adult beverages were included in the mix. As it is, I think I'd rather get a margarita and watch them all float around from the shore.

Well yes, I am a Disney shareholder, but not Mr. Iger. I was curious as to why you thought the $400 cruise was a better deal. Both are for 10 people. Both are an hour long. Both start and stop from the same dock. Is getting to see the fireworks from a boat worth the extra $250 to you? You made it sound like it was, and I was curious as to why. I'm trying to understand your POV, but if you don't wish to discuss it, then fine, I'll drop it.

a) Yes, I thought it was $149 per person. That seems close to a common Disney price point.
Backstage Magic $275
Holiday D-Lights $259 per person
Wild Africa Trek $249 - $189
Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour $199
Keys to the Kingdom Tour $99 per person

And the Fireworks shows:
Celebration at the Top $99 per person
Ferrytale Fireworks $99 per person
Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks $79 per person
Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage $72 per person
Star Wars: Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party $69 per person
Diana's Riverboat Party $49 per person
Illumniations Sparkling Dessert Party $49 per person
Tomorrowland Terrace fireworks

b) The $400 for the cruise fits in at $98 per person with the above price points because you get to see fireworks from an unobstructed view without too many people around you screwing up the show, but that's when I thought $149 per person was the cost of the new boat tour, but I think even that cost is high. Just getting a dessert, which seems to be the only offer from the fireworks packages, is really not worth the money. You can eat a full dinner with dessert and a drink at Mama Melrose, Hollywood & Vive and Brown Derby from ($45 - $65 for adults). Then you get to see Fantasmic in special seating.

What do you get for more than the lowest cost with the fireworks packages? A Dessert? A Snack? A drink? It's just not worth the money simply to see the fireworks in a different area.

c) Everything with Disney has become a money grab. Yes, they are a business, but we spend enough money at the parks. They cost us a considerable amount. They can't even let us fast pass viewing from the Cinderella Castle garden areas any longer. Every excellent viewing area has become a "premium experience". It seems to be only a matter of time before Disney charges us individually simply to stand in front of the Castle and watch the fireworks.

We pay $3.00 for a bottle of water. Food is WAY over priced. Everything is becoming a charge. As NON-shareholders who don't make money every time Disney raises prices, it starts to annoy us and prices us out of our trips.

Disone

From what I read its $150 for 10 people. $15 a person.

There have been pontoon boat rentals on Disney property on all bodies of water for many many years, Google says $45 per half hour for a pontoon boat for 10, you drive yourself. This latest option gives you the benefit of a driver and some snacks and access to World Showcase Lagoon.

Good points. Off hand I do not hate this. An Amphicar tour at Disney Spring is 20 minutes, up to three or four adults, its $125.00.

I would not mind this, but I would like to know what the snacks are. But for a group of up to 10, this could be a fun new way to celebrate a birthday. I would be tempted but that said, I would be surprised if this last longer than the MK cabannas did.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
If only it were April 1st.

Next up; a tour of the parking lot with one of the new trams. Snacks included.

Whatever next. :facepalm:
WDW bus races:

Picture-13.png

DisneyJoe

I would not mind this, but I would like to know what the snacks are. But for a group of up to 10, this could be a fun new way to celebrate a birthday. I would be tempted but that said, I would be surprised if this last longer than the MK cabannas did.
When I did a fireworks cruise years (2001?) ago , snacks were a cooler full of water and soft drinks, chips and possibly a few other items.

I've booked at least 3 of my travel agency clients on daytime cruises over the years, with private dining.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This has absolutely zero appeal to me. As I was looking into the details, though... It all makes sense now. Make vacationing at WDW as expensive and as busy as possible, then sell "relaxation" to the rubes who are willing to pay for it. They want to get you coming and going.

Patcheslee

Why the obsession about people having an cocktail and how they will act..? I swear these boards seem like they are frequented by Puritains... I am sure if they are paying $149 for a one hour cruise with a snack and soft drink, everyone will behave themselves... And if they don't, I am sure Disney would give you your money back if you complain...But honestly the drinking is not out of hand during lunch...
Yeah because people who spends thousands on a vacation always behave...

Much-Pixie-Dust

IMG_4762.JPG
Good points. Off hand I do not hate this. An Amphicar tour at Disney Spring is 20 minutes, up to three or four adults, its $125.00.

This was what was included a month ago along with a small cooler full of various sodas and waters. This was for the Illuinations cruise.

Otterhead

Everything with Disney has become a money grab. Yes, they are a business, but we spend enough money at the parks.
Just so I understand, you think this should be a free boat trip with free food and drinks, because bottles of water cost $3 in the parks?

You keep asking who this would appeal to, because you're not "seeing anything new". Do you also wonder why people do the hot-air balloon ride at Disney Springs, at $20 a person? You aren't seeing anything new, right? It's because it's a ride, and it's interesting and unique, and some people enjoy it.

While I wouldn't do this, personally, I completely understand its target: people at Yacht & Beach Club. They're staying at a boat/cruise themed hotel next to Epcot. For $10 a person you get a relaxing "cruise around the world" for an hour with snacks and drinks. In that setting it makes complete thematic sense.

JohnD

That's like asking why someone would want to spend money on an Alaskan cruise or a river cruise. "What are you seeing from a ship that you aren't seeing while on the coast?"
Well, for one, you're on a boat. Not walking. Seeing the countries sail by as you relax. That's appealing to some people.

Um, you spend the money specifically to cruise from Point A to Point B with stops along the way. This is traveling to WDW where there are already the parks, DS, and golf courses. This is spending $140 to ride around the lake. Why not drive to POR, park there (as long as you are already a Disney resort guest) and ride the boat from there to DS for free. Get off and shop or go round trip.

Otterhead

Um, you spend the money specifically to cruise from Point A to Point B with stops along the way. This is traveling to WDW where there are already the parks, DS, and golf courses. This is spending $140 to ride around the lake. Why not drive to POR, park there (as long as you are already a Disney resort guest) and ride the boat from there to DS for free. Get off and shop or go round trip.
Not really. Many cruises make a round trip; you see the land from the boat and end up where you started.
This cruise is a silly little thing for Yacht & Beach Club people taking them around World Showcase for an hour for fun. Not sure why people think it's so strange.

disney4life2008

LOL so I made a point people will buy anything with the world disney on it. This is a classic example, anyone who would even think this is a deal is crazy. To spend $150 on a boat with bagged snacks and bottle soda? Right lol. They could have at least given a QS voucher to use at a restaurant.

I can take the boat for free, enjoy the sights then go have my fish and chips all for a grand total of $14.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom