The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I don't remember the name of it now, but, back in the 80's there was one of those cafeteria type places on Rte 197 on the Kissimmee side of I-4. It had big turntable style setup where plated food, proportioned, came riding along in front of you and you picked what you wanted off the turntable. I mean this was a huge turntable. It was also cheap and for a family of four on a very strict budget it was a godsend. I think it disappeared by the mid-90's, I don't remember. The only downside was that the music was on a loop and every five minutes you would hear Marty Robbins singing El Paso. Whenever I hear that song now, I immediately think about that restaurant.

Hahaaa...!
My folks saw Marty Robbins shows a few times back in the day...! :)

For your enjoyment...! ;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So-I-glued-googly-eyes-all-over-town-58d0e538a5e6c__880.jpg

and more
http://www.boredpanda.com/so-i-glue...ebook&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=BPFacebook

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The variety of fish is very low. My town is a touristic town, not a fishery town.
There are a lot of fishes that arent normal(as in being offered in restaurants). Catfish is very rare for example. Its expensive to import.
I would say only luxury restaurants have bigger variety.. and are very expensive.

That is just sad. Yummy stuff out in that Ocean.

Speaking of imports and back to our conversation of a few weeks ago about the Avocados being caught in a political battle...I've noticed in our stores our Avocados are currently being imported from Chile! Did you send them to Chile and then they sent them to the US?

Cesar R M

That is just sad. Yummy stuff out in that Ocean.

Speaking of imports and back to our conversation of a few weeks ago about the Avocados being caught in a political battle...I've noticed in our stores our Avocados are currently being imported from Chile! Did you send them to Chile and then they sent them to the US?
Could be, Mexico is supposedly now moving most imports towards Japan and Europe.
In the same way, Mexican cattle ranchers are planning in ditching USA's grain and buy it from Argentina and Brazil.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hahaaa...!
My folks saw Marty Robbins shows a few times back in the day...! :)

For your enjoyment...! ;)

Where I grew up, country music was not played on the radio. (If there even was a country station, I was unaware of it. No one I knew listened to country back then.) We listened to rock, contemporary or classical. Once in a while, a country song would be heard (most likely on a tv variety show), and most of the time, the song didn't appeal to me. Guess it's just what you grow up with, that helps form your opinion. Maybe if I was given the correct exposure to country music as a kid, I'd have more of an appreciation for it now.

However, the song you just happened to share here (I didn't even know the name of it, until I just played it from your clip), is one that I had heard many years ago--and I loved it immediately. There was just something about that guy's voice (really smooth . . . ), and the lyrics really pulled me in. I could see this song being used for a soundtrack in one of those cool, old black and white, western movies. :cool:

I'm not at all familiar with Marty Robbins, but I really like that song!! :happy: Thanks for sharing. :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom