The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
When we go to Indiana to visit family we always make a list of all the state plates we see.

I miss road trip games. My brothers and sister and I were always making up silly games. A little bit of that still sticks with me. Sometimes if I take the bus down the interstate to work, I watch for out-of-state license plates, or how many red vehicles I can count along the way, or the number of trucks.

It's no different than when I was a kid--it's just to kill boredom during the ride, in stop and go traffic in rush hours.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I remember those. We had Mad Libs sometimes. Anyone remember those?

Mad Libs are pretty awesome. Hubs and I keep a book in each of our cars at all times. Sometimes it is just a fun thing to do. Yesterday, I used one I wrote myself to introduce a new unit on volcanoes to my 8th graders. They loved it and were asking for another one today. I didn't have one for them today though.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Have you tried Nautica for bathing suits? I got a really nice one that has wider straps around the shoulder. I bought it off their online site on sale. I would call it conservative.

I actually had a Nautica suit on today, shopping at outlet mall. The brand is too wide on the sides for me, they are kinda boxy cut but the upper part fit so nicely. I love waterslides so I need a tankini top that won't fly upwards when I hit the water. :jawdrop:

It took me forever to find two tankini's last year that hit right in all the places and covered what it should. 2 days before we left for vacation last fall I was walking past a rack of clearance rack and there it was...the most perfect tankini top. $8 :geek: Fit better than the two I bought from Lands End but I liked those too. I have pretty good luck with a couple of styles from Lands End.

Gabe1

If anybody here like ironing feel free to stop be my house next week. I'll even cook meat:hilarious:

I'll take the meat, ironing not so much. I'm not even certain where my iron is. Thinking the last time it was used was when I was making my DD drapes for her apartment???

My solution:
258s.jpg
258s.jpg

Gabe1

And edit: don't know why but I thought I was responding to @Songbird76

My DS 13 wants to be an Imagineer one day. He even wrote one a letter 2 years ago to find out how to become one. Sad thing is he never got a reply back. :(

DD15 has a flair for everything and that is the problem. It is hard for her to focus on one thing.

Disney University, hmmm, love that! That is something to remember. Putting that in the memory banks.:)

Disney has an International Program for young adults from around the world. While they work side by side with College Program Students, Disney University is an accredited University, to the best of my knowledge Internationals are working on H visa. In for a year and they must leave after that. Disney supplies them housing but unless it has changed they are in a different housing complex.

We shall see if this still exists shortly. Disney and many other corporation are being scrutinized for hiring cheaper labor from overseas and laying off the CMs that previously held those positions. There is much debate going on currently about closing the loopholes in the H visa to prevent this from happening since this was not what the H visa was designed to be.

But your kid may be able to dance around this as they approach adulthood if they by then have dual citizenship.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

You'll laugh at me for this, but just looking at this model (without having any prior knowledge of it being an over-the-top "home"), it struck me to look like some sort of (maybe) school or institutional compound. I'm stunned that this is actually going to be someone's home--who in heaven's name needs all that space, etc.?! :jawdrop:

Really impressive work you did on this model though--wow!

Thanks so very much, Minnie! :)
I'll post a pic(s) when the final rendering with landscaping, materials, colors, etc., is done.
It shouldn't look nearly as institutional.
It is now in queue for the rendering.
Right now, I'm doing the initial design and building of the base models for projects.
But, since one of our people that was doing the renderings left this week on a church mission trip to South America, and may not be back after a coupla' months because she found her true calling, it was suggested in my recent job review that I might now be taking that on, as well...! :)

In regards to all that space, I could never possibly imagine needing all the space all of the monster homes we design have.
Although, many of these folks do run their businesses from home and do a lot of entertaining.
Also, most of these high-end folks don't do much around the house. The grounds, pool, cleaning, etc....they pay others to take care of those things. ;)

StarWarsGirl

I don't go jean shopping often. Really hate it. No rhyme or reason to how they are made or sized. I put on skinny jeans and there is extra puckers for hips. I had thought that was what curvy jeans were.

Bathing Suits are just difficult especially when you are trying to be conservative and act your age. Sure I could fit in some of these so called women suits but just cause I can doesn't mean I should. I like 2 piece tankini's 2 straps over the shoulder. and cut straight across, no need for a V cut down to my belly button.
I have a few skort bathing bottoms but most are shorter ladies trunks and I'm happier if it has a small zipper pocket.
Mine are V neck halters. Not down to the belly button, but pretty deep. If they're not halters, the straps just fall down. The joys of being short. But I'm 21; I can pull off the halters.

My bathing suits are also a basic guarantee for getting hit on at some point.:cautious: Wonder why...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom