The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Woo Spring is almost around the corner finally

10wnqps.png
I can't wait for Saturday.

Cesar R M

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't your area be rich in luscious sea foods?
The variety of fish is very low. My town is a touristic town, not a fishery town.
There are a lot of fishes that arent normal(as in being offered in restaurants). Catfish is very rare for example. Its expensive to import.
I would say only luxury restaurants have bigger variety.. and are very expensive.

MySmallWorldof4

It was quite an experience. I spent about two weeks learning my part and making sure it was perfect. I bought a microphone for my computer to ensure the sound quality was good.

The recording part was the fun part. I had to have a dark background, so I hung up a dark blue sheet behind me. You had to use earbuds to hear as you were recording, but they had to be hidden. I think I did 20 different recordings until I was sure it was perfect. It took me a good two hours on the day I actually recorded between setup and all the takes. And then I wasn't even sure I had made it. Sopranos were most competitive; about 500 auditioned and only 150 were selected, and of course, I'd gone soprano. There were also some pretty amazing singers, lots of music teachers. When I found out I was in and had beat out some professionals, I think it was one of my proudest moments. I also was only barely 18 (you had to be 18 to audition), so I was one of the youngest in there, if not the youngest.

It's a pretty cool story to bring up now and then. :)
Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!! Sometimes there are no words for some incredibly good things that happen to us! :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
It was quite an experience. I spent about two weeks learning my part and making sure it was perfect. I bought a microphone for my computer to ensure the sound quality was good.

The recording part was the fun part. I had to have a dark background, so I hung up a dark blue sheet behind me. You had to use earbuds to hear as you were recording, but they had to be hidden. I think I did 20 different recordings until I was sure it was perfect. It took me a good two hours on the day I actually recorded between setup and all the takes. And then I wasn't even sure I had made it. Sopranos were most competitive; about 500 auditioned and only 150 were selected, and of course, I'd gone soprano. There were also some pretty amazing singers, lots of music teachers. When I found out I was in and had beat out some professionals, I think it was one of my proudest moments. I also was only barely 18 (you had to be 18 to audition), so I was one of the youngest in there, if not the youngest.

It's a pretty cool story to bring up now and then. :)
If i remember correctly wasn't your asthma much worse then?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yes, I too avoid those self-service checkouts. I just don't like them, mostly for the reasons you stated.
But, I do like the way they tend to thin out the regular cashier-attended checkout lines...! :D ;) :)
Sometimes I'll use self check outs if I have a lot of softer fruits and veggies because some cashiers aren't always careful. Hint never put potatoes on top of tomatoes:hilarious:

Cesar R M

If you don't mind me asking was it worth a little vertigo to be able to hear.
Definitively.. besides I do not have vertigo normally.
Only when there are moving things and Im not getting the wind on the face or looking at the movement.(hence why very dark attractions that offer no "sense of position" like space mountain are a NOPE for me).
Also, I'm not shaking my head on a normal day, so no Vertigo :p

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Jeans shopping isn't much fun either:mad:

I don't go jean shopping often. Really hate it. No rhyme or reason to how they are made or sized. I put on skinny jeans and there is extra puckers for hips. I had thought that was what curvy jeans were.

Bathing Suits are just difficult especially when you are trying to be conservative and act your age. Sure I could fit in some of these so called women suits but just cause I can doesn't mean I should. I like 2 piece tankini's 2 straps over the shoulder. and cut straight across, no need for a V cut down to my belly button.
I have a few skort bathing bottoms but most are shorter ladies trunks and I'm happier if it has a small zipper pocket.

MySmallWorldof4

I don't go jean shopping often. Really hate it. No rhyme or reason to how they are made or sized. I put on skinny jeans and there is extra puckers for hips. I had thought that was what curvy jeans were.

Bathing Suits are just difficult especially when you are trying to be conservative and act your age. Sure I could fit in some of these so called women suits but just cause I can doesn't mean I should. I like 2 piece tankini's 2 straps over the shoulder. and cut straight across, no need for a V cut down to my belly button.
I have a few skort bathing bottoms but most are shorter ladies trunks and I'm happier if it has a small zipper pocket.
Have you tried Nautica for bathing suits? I got a really nice one that has wider straps around the shoulder. I bought it off their online site on sale. I would call it conservative.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom