The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I wish I could get away with that! oops I may have forgotten to mentioned the ironing involved starching:oops:

STARCHING? :eek: I feel like I've fallen into a time warp here ;) --do people actually starch things anymore? Truly, the last time I saw any reference to starching was watching my mother, back in the late 60s, at the ironing board with a can of that stuff. I've never used it in my life, and don't plan on starting it now! :p

Figgy1

Premium Member
STARCHING? :eek: I feel like I've fallen into a time warp here ;) --do people actually starch things anymore? Truly, the last time I saw any reference to starching was watching my mother, back in the late 60s, at the ironing board with a can of that stuff. I've never used it in my life, and don't plan on starting it now! :p
Not only do I have a few cans(yes plural) of starch but I also keep a few cans of sizing in my pantry:oops: They both behave a little differently with different fabrics and help stabilize them before cutting. I also "starch" my dh's dress shirts

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Not only do I have a few cans(yes plural) of starch but I also keep a few cans of sizing in my pantry:oops: They both behave a little differently with different fabrics and help stabilize them before cutting. I also "starch" my dh's dress shirts

I gave you a like because I'm shock. ;) (Guess your hubs' office dress code isn't business casual, eh?)

SIZING? What in heaven's name is THAT??!! :jawdrop:

Oh, by the way, there is something new that I think will make your life easier. It's called Permanent Press, and I know that many dress shirts are made out of that material process now. :D Let's go shopping today, since I am off from work--let's buy your hubs all new shirts and dump the others! :p Then, let's get ice cream for us. :hungry:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I gave you a like because I'm shock. ;) (Guess your hubs' office dress code isn't business casual, eh?)

SIZING? What in heaven's name is THAT??!! :jawdrop:

Oh, by the way, there is something new that I think will make your life easier. It's called Permanent Press, and I know that many dress shirts are made out of that material process now. :D Let's go shopping today, since I am off from work--let's buy your hubs all new shirts and dump the others! :p Then, let's get ice cream for us. :hungry:
He doesn't have to wear a dress shirt to work most of the time so it's something I don't have to do often. Sizing does the same thing as starch but i think it does a better job with synthetic blends and are you trying to kill me:eek:

Songbird76

And edit: don't know why but I thought I was responding to @Songbird76

Disney has an International Program for young adults from around the world. While they work side by side with College Program Students, Disney University is an accredited University, to the best of my knowledge Internationals are working on H visa. In for a year and they must leave after that. Disney supplies them housing but unless it has changed they are in a different housing complex.

We shall see if this still exists shortly. Disney and many other corporation are being scrutinized for hiring cheaper labor from overseas and laying off the CMs that previously held those positions. There is much debate going on currently about closing the loopholes in the H visa to prevent this from happening since this was not what the H visa was designed to be.

But your kid may be able to dance around this as they approach adulthood if they by then have dual citizenship.
Interesting...I was wondering about it anyway, because I'm sure my daughter would love it. So I'm glad you thought you were replying to me. Technically, my kids are American citizens because I am, but I haven't gotten them American passports because it's really expensive to apply for it here. To have all the documents translated into English and notarized, and then the processing fees is more than 500 Euros per kid. If there's a reason to do that later, we'd consider it. DD loves Disney, so I can see her doing that.

Songbird76

My daughter came home yesterday saying one of the girls wasn't in school because her older sister was in London and they were heading there. I don't THINK she was hurt in the attack, and I'm sure it would have been in the news here if any Dutch citizens had been injured, but they were apparently in the area. It looks like it was a school trip and they were there for just this week. How terrifying for the parents of those kids!!

Edited to add:
I looked it up and the kids were all safe. They were on a boat tour on the Thames, so they heard the attack, but didn't see it. http://www.gelderlander.nl/dossier-...hem-in-buurt-aanslag-maar-ongedeerd~a6555eff/
There was another article I saw about some kids from another town in the Netherlands who actually saw the police officer stabbed, but none of those kids were injured either, and they cut their trip short and will be offered counseling when they get home.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom