The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Thanks! It turns out it was not a choir day but a drama class day instead. So instead of 55 kids to handle, it was just 18 kids. Much better! And the drama class is actually kind of fun to cover. We ended up doing a read through of a fairy tales play. I ended up reading for the Evil Queen from Snow White, and ironically I was wearing my Evil Queen socks. :)
I'm sure that was much better. Kids who want to be there instead of a whole lotta kids taking it as a gravy class. Reason why I always did after school choir in addition to class during the day.

donaldtoo

Catfish Parlour was amazing, as per usual, and I'm stuffed to the gills...! :in pain: ;) Sorry, but, this time I'm givin' y'all the full tour...!!! :oops: :D ;)

image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg

My Shiner Bock...!!! :hungry:

image.jpeg

I forgot to mention the all-you-can-eat Caesar salad bar last time. :) Which is along with the all-you-can-eat hush puppies and regular and jalapeño tartar sauce, plus the AYCE ;) beans and slaw, that I've mentioned before...! :hungry:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Catfish Parlour was amazing, as per usual, and I'm stuffed to the gills...! :in pain: ;) Sorry, but, this time I'm givin' y'all the full tour...!!! :oops: :D ;)

View attachment 194425 View attachment 194426
View attachment 194429

My Shiner Bock...!!! :hungry:

View attachment 194430

I forgot to mention the all-you-can-eat Caesar salad bar last time. :) Which is along with the all-you-can-eat hush puppies and regular and jalapeño tartar sauce, plus the AYCE ;) beans and slaw, that I've mentioned before...! :hungry:

View attachment 194427

View attachment 194428
View attachment 194440

Looks great! I think hubs and I need to make a food trip to your area!

donaldtoo

And, now, the main event, plus a little "catmosphere" :D :rolleyes: ;) to finish up...! :)

DSs grilled tilapia over rice pilaf with steamed green beans and broccoli... :hungry:

image.jpeg

DWifeys AYCE popcorn shrimp... :hungry:

image.jpeg

And, my absolutely delicious spicy fried catfish and oyster platter...!!!!! :joyfull: :hungry: :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And, most of the crew were dressed for St. Patrick's Day...! :)

image.jpeg

donaldtoo

I don't care for coarsely sliced cabbage either. Like it sliced very fine the best. Dressing I am very picky about. The creamy version I like almost looks like milk. The oilier ones are like paste, don't like. Now vinegar based ones I like too and are great for toppings also. I my own. Vinegar, oil, salt & pepper and some regular white sugar. It makes for a good sweet/sour. I shave some onions for that slaw. I put quite a bit of that dressing on the cabbage and toss it in the fridge for several hours. It makes the cabbage a bit more tender and then I drain some of the dressing off before I serve.

Now salad I tend to put on more heavily especially if it is runny like Olive Garden's dressing. I am a sucker for Polish Food and love Cabbage Rolls. I also love sauerkraut but that is a new love in the last 10 years. As I age I'm finding things I once hated I now love, Mexican food being another one.

You once hated Mexican food and sauerkraut...!!!!! :eek: :jawdrop: ;)

StarWarsGirl

Happy St. Patrick's everyone. Currently grumpy as all heck just because I still had to wake up at 5:30 to go to art school.
Sympathy like. I had two goals in college: Dean's list every semester and no 8 ams. I made dean's list every semester and had one 8 am once a week for one semester, after which I would nap on the library couch because I had 3 hours before my next class.

I miss college naptime.

donaldtoo

Remember those old attached to the counter top meat and food grinders. That is what my Mother used to make Cole Slaw.
View attachment 193787
Hers was Mayo based, but it was very, very finely chopped. Her Cole Slaw was something that for some reason she always apologized for. I never was sure why, but, apparently she was never happy with how it turned out. It always seemed the same to me and I know that there was never any left over after the meal. It wasn't runny or thick, it always seemed just right to us.

I definitely remember my grandmothers usin' those, but, I don't ever remember any veggies bein' put through 'em... :cautious: ;)

donaldtoo

Fess up--is that a "kit" you just put together?! :hilarious:

Kidding aside, that's really impressive and very fast work, too!!

Hahaaa...!
I wish! ;)
And thanks, Minnie! :)
It's really not all that difficult to do, once you learn the nuances of the program, but, it's definitely a tedious process with stuff that large and complicated to get it all right...but, it's also pretty fun-cool to get paid decently for doin' it...!!!!! :joyfull: ;) :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Minnie doesn't do plaid. :cautious:

Ahem...
pixel.gif

Minnie wears plaid while Golfing.

e63f52fafa984eb5b233e393e9772cdc.jpg

Sometimes at the Halloween Parties
fe70bf1ca919f725090ad206cb03cf82.jpg

Or if you'd like, order Minnie Rag doll for home, you can order her from England and look at her in Plaid all the time! :geek:

6e361d990c29afb08ea5794afb0f9ebe.jpg

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/...0013/lot-74cc9cd3-c0c6-4776-8af9-a43500bc5d3e

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom