Cinderella's Royal Table closing for lengthy refurbishment in early 2015

ABQ

People don't like stairs. But if you are willing to climb them (with a tray of food) it's well worth it.
My favourite place to eat in the MK. I've never been unable to get a seat and often get one by a window looking on Liberty Square.
Somewhat related, the other rarely used stairway is across the way to the super tiny restroom upstairs in the Liberty Tree Inn. That's a fun little trip at times.

Bocabear

Dining for us during a MK day typically involves leaving briefly to go to Polynesian or GF via monorail because I agree, there are very little options or they seem to rope off/close parts of the spaces for dining making it crowded and hard to navigate, plus long dining lines. And this is the park with the most strollers so space is already at a premium in the dining areas.

Something I often pondered about MK dining was why there was never another 2nd story option for a restaurant like CRT to overlook part of the park. There should be space for that somewhere in Fantasyland or Frontierland… I'd love to take in views of MK park while eating.
One of the earlier plans for the park had another food venue in the open space next to Hall Of Presidents...Like a Market House, and I believe it was two stories and would have had views over the Rivers Of America... I still think it would be a great location for something...other than just a vending cart under a canopy

Dwarful

Well, lets hope it gets the love it deserves. I remember our first meal on our honeymoon back in 1995....it sure has changed over the years.

Magenta Panther

Main Street???
Last time I checked you over looked the Courtyard in back? Have I missed something....

Whoops, yep. Sorry. :p :oops:Memory fart. I remember looking out the window and seeing buildings. Fantasyland buildings, I guess, not Main Street's.

Also forgot to mention that I got a sword AND a wand there as souvenirs.

The princesses came up at one point and greeted everyone. They were Aurora, Snow White, Cinderella and I think Ariel. Snow White was lovely, but she did have a bit of an acne problem...but she was lovely nonetheless.

There was also some sort of thing involving twinkling lights; I never caught on what that was supposed to be about.

It was well worth the ADR. I'd been trying to book a meal at the Castle for quite some time. I think the popularity of Be Our Guest finally made that possible. I'd totally recommend it, even if you don't have kids.

Last edited:

MissingDisney

I have to admit, we've indulged a few times for the kids and we have, brace yourselves, BOYS! It has nothing to do with the princesses but everything to do with being inside the beautiful castle that we all love. This trip was the best. We were in for an early morning reservation and got the center window seat overlooking a completely empty Fantasyland. Not to sound cliche but it was pretty magical. The restaurant looks pretty worn and tattered and needs a facelift. We'll see if any drastic changes happen. I could really care less what the inside looks like but if they take the caramel Apple/cream cheese French toast off the menu, it would be pretty hard for me to justify ever going back. LOL.

mousehockey37

So... I wonder how many vacations will be ruined because of this... It's inevitable that someone or a lot of someones will cancel their whole trip over this. Where's my huge Mickey Mouse rice krispy treat at.... :brb::)

jt04

Rather see the venue turned into an attraction or attractions. Heading to Imagineering forum to plant the idea.

Magenta Panther

So... I wonder how many vacations will be ruined because of this... It's inevitable that someone or a lot of someones will cancel their whole trip over this. Where's my huge Mickey Mouse rice krispy treat at.... :brb::)

The other problem will be that getting ADRs at Be Our Guest is going to be even more of a female dog... :p

THECARISMINE

Is my family the only ones who have pretty much stopped going to the castle entirely?
It was hands down our favorite restaurant for years. Back when I was a kid I can remember once going a good 5 times for dinner there within the 11 days we stayed. When the menu went fixed we gave it a shot but the quality had seriously went down. The next year (coincidentally the first year we tried out the dining plan and fell in love with it) we went back again and it had only gotten worse, the place had become a shell of what it once was to us. The food was bland and unimpressive, we were rushed around, and it was packed to the point of being uncomfortable with characters squeezing by. We had no problems with the characters really but the food and service changes were just so bad. The next year we just couldn't justify the 2 points on the dinning and haven't gone back since, as much as it pains us...

Has the food at least improved any since then? (I want to say it was 2007 but could be wrong) We really do want to go back at some point. Hopefully this refurb will bring about some good changes. I miss that beef barley soup and that chicken with bread pudding *Drools*

Kaertos

I always feel like I am in the minority on these boards. But here we go again,

My wife and I love CRT. Part of it is totally the novelty of eating in the castle, but we have never had anything but fantastic service and pretty darn good food there. We're going to be in WDW not too long after they close for the refurb and we're disappointed our traditional first morning breakfast will be shuttered.

MarkTwain

I hope they maintain the dignity of the interior design. Even if the food and atmosphere don't exactly suggest a sophisticated dining environment, the gothic-inspired architecture and tapestries are beautiful. I hope they don't cartoonify or princessify the place too much (well, more than it already is).

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

Bit O' Advice of the day.....

Get rid of the castle restaurant. Reopen all the closed eateries around the MK.

Thank you.
Rather see the venue turned into an attraction or attractions.
Yes. A little walkthrough attraction up in the castle would add so much charm. DL and DLP have lovely walkthroughs. It would re-open the castle for the non-surcharged non-princess crowd again.

Of course, the MK has the grandest walkthrough of them all already, but I'm not holding my breath on being able to ever undisturbedly enjoy the gorgeous Cinderella mosaic again.

RSoxNo1

I hope they maintain the dignity of the interior design. Even if the food and atmosphere don't exactly suggest a sophisticated dining environment, the gothic-inspired architecture and tapestries are beautiful. I hope they don't cartoonify or princessify the place too much (well, more than it already is).
I envision they would install a large window that will appear largely out of place from the outside of Cinderella's Royal Table but looks correct from the inside.

Weather_Lady

Is my family the only ones who have pretty much stopped going to the castle entirely?
It was hands down our favorite restaurant for years. Back when I was a kid I can remember once going a good 5 times for dinner there within the 11 days we stayed. When the menu went fixed we gave it a shot but the quality had seriously went down. The next year (coincidentally the first year we tried out the dining plan and fell in love with it) we went back again and it had only gotten worse, the place had become a shell of what it once was to us. The food was bland and unimpressive, we were rushed around, and it was packed to the point of being uncomfortable with characters squeezing by. We had no problems with the characters really but the food and service changes were just so bad. The next year we just couldn't justify the 2 points on the dinning and haven't gone back since, as much as it pains us...

Has the food at least improved any since then? (I want to say it was 2007 but could be wrong) We really do want to go back at some point. Hopefully this refurb will bring about some good changes. I miss that beef barley soup and that chicken with bread pudding *Drools*

We had dinner there in May, only because it was my daughter's birthday and it was the only thing for which she asked. Now we, like you, count ourselves among the families who have officially "stopped going there." The ambiance is lovely and the food was okay -- it all would have been well-worth it at half the price, but with what they're charging currently (for what is no longer an all-you-care-to-enjoy meal, BTW), it's a ridiculous rip-off. Whether you want great food, a fun setting or good character interaction, there are far better options available in several other venues in and around the Magic Kingdom, where you can afford two meals for what a single meal at CRT would cost -- deciding that in the future, we'll enjoy Cinderella Castle from the outside rather than from within, was a no-brainer! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom