Cinderella's Royal Table closing for lengthy refurbishment in early 2015

chucknstuff

I ate at the Castle last time I visited WDW...and to my surprise, the food was actually very good. I had the Tenderloin (and it actually was tender, and very tasty) with asparagus. Yum! And for dessert I had The Clock Strikes Twelve - also yummy. I was seated at a table by one of the windows, and got to look down on Main Street as I ate. Totally awesome experience.

My only quibble is that while the restaurant is very medieval and charming, it's also quite small, almost cramped. But I don't imagine the refurb would have anything to do with enlarging the place - I don't see how it could be done.
Main Street???
Last time I checked you over looked the Courtyard in back? Have I missed something....

aladdin2007

They sort of do, at the Akershus in Norway. I've eaten there too, and the food was just okay, and there's only one area inside it where you feel like you're inside a castle. It's not nearly as nice as Cinderella's Royal Table IMO.

Norway's Akershus was never designed or intended to be a princess horde fest, another thing shoe horned in that does not belong and shouldn't be there.

lebeau

Norway is a very poor substitute for the castle.

Disagree.

We have done both a few times and our experiences have been roughly equivalent. If anything, Akershus feels more relaxed. The only significant differences in my mind are price and location. For me, price wins out. I can pretend like we're in a castle for 1/2 the number of table service credits.

lebeau

This has been rumored a long time. I remember reading in a pre-NFL copy of the Unofficial Guide that the refurb would take place soon after Be Our Guest opened and that it was badly needed.

lunchbox1175

I'm curious as to what is actually getting refurbished, is it the kitchen, or is it the dining area? If it is the dining area, I wonder if they are going to change the theming to be more like PFH.

Bocabear

I'm curious as to what is actually getting refurbished, is it the kitchen, or is it the dining area? If it is the dining area, I wonder if they are going to change the theming to be more like PFH.
By changing it to be more like PFH does that mean it would look more like a hotel event space? If so, then they will be removing theming to make it even more generic... Like Belle's Castle...which looks sort of like a Marriott Ballroom.

ToTBellHop

Disagree.

We have done both a few times and our experiences have been roughly equivalent. If anything, Akershus feels more relaxed. The only significant differences in my mind are price and location. For me, price wins out. I can pretend like we're in a castle for 1/2 the number of table service credits.
Agreed. Did Akershus last month and loved it. I thought the food was really good for a breakfast buffet. The princess encounters weren't nearly as rushed as any interaction at CRT and you are right about the price. I guess I'm not willing to spend as much on scrambled eggs as some.

Penelope

In all seriousness, given the popularity of Cinderellas Royal Table (still King Stefan's Banquet hall to me!), I am sort of surprised they aren't setting up an alternate princess dining location in the Magic Kingdom for the duration.

I'm surprised too…you would think when they built Beast Castle that there would have been an option to move it to a special area there, which would not interfere with Be Our Guest restaurant. That would be a nice alternative location.

And I hope that this has nothing to do with Frozen's insane popularity...

ToTBellHop

I'm surprised too…you would think when they built Beast Castle that there would have been an option to move it to a special area there, which would not interfere with Be Our Guest restaurant. That would be a nice alternative location.

And I hope that this has nothing to do with Frozen's insane popularity...
Dining decisions at the MK seldom make sense. You would THINK they would have reopened one of their shuttered counter services (Tomorrowland Terrace? Ready to be open all day, every day at a moment's notice) if they needed more capacity instead of building one just for lunch a couple hundred yards from Pinocchios. Then they could have had Beasts Castle as a sit-down 3 meals each day and made a fortune. A restaurant that pretty should be sit-down only, anyway. The number of times Disney overlooks money that is just sitting in front of them is astounding.

Penelope

Dining decisions at the MK seldom make sense. You would THINK they would have reopened one of their shuttered counter services (Tomorrowland Terrace? Ready to be open all day, every day at a moment's notice) if they needed more capacity instead of building one just for lunch a couple hundred yards from Pinocchios. Then they could have had Beasts Castle as a sit-down 3 meals each day and made a fortune. A restaurant that pretty should be sit-down only, anyway. The number of times Disney overlooks money that is just sitting in front of them is astounding.

Dining for us during a MK day typically involves leaving briefly to go to Polynesian or GF via monorail because I agree, there are very little options or they seem to rope off/close parts of the spaces for dining making it crowded and hard to navigate, plus long dining lines. And this is the park with the most strollers so space is already at a premium in the dining areas.

Something I often pondered about MK dining was why there was never another 2nd story option for a restaurant like CRT to overlook part of the park. There should be space for that somewhere in Fantasyland or Frontierland… I'd love to take in views of MK park while eating.

meyeet

Dining for us during a MK day typically involves leaving briefly to go to Polynesian or GF via monorail because I agree, there are very little options or they seem to rope off/close parts of the spaces for dining making it crowded and hard to navigate, plus long dining lines. And this is the park with the most strollers so space is already at a premium in the dining areas.

Something I often pondered about MK dining was why there was never another 2nd story option for a restaurant like CRT to overlook part of the park. There should be space for that somewhere in Fantasyland or Frontierland… I'd love to take in views of MK park while eating.
Columbia Harbor House has a 2nd floor with lots of windows overlooking the park below.

jt04

Maybe they could refurb it back to a kewl non-princess locale with pewter plates and slabs of beef at fairly reasonable prices that you could book the day you wanted to dine there.

Yes, even Spirits can have fanboi fantasies from time to time.

"Slabs of beef at fairly resonable prices". Yeah, not even in a spirits lifetime. I am afraid those days are over unless you raise your own cattle. But on the bright side, I am sure people will soon be able to get a tofu version inexpensively at home that can be created with a shiny hi tech food printer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom