Cinderella's Royal Table closing for lengthy refurbishment in early 2015

olinecoach61

I always feel like I am in the minority on these boards. But here we go again,

My wife and I love CRT. Part of it is totally the novelty of eating in the castle, but we have never had anything but fantastic service and pretty darn good food there. We're going to be in WDW not too long after they close for the refurb and we're disappointed our traditional first morning breakfast will be shuttered.
I completely agree with you, CRT is a must do every trip for our family.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Maybe they could refurb it back to a kewl non-princess locale with pewter plates and slabs of beef at fairly reasonable prices that you could book the day you wanted to dine there.

Yes, even Spirits can have fanboi fantasies from time to time.

I concur - bring back King Stefan's - I still have one of these bad boys from "back in the day"

$_35.JPG

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
I didn't want to thread bump but this seemed the most likely place to post this. Let me be upfront when I say I am NOT a Frozen fan (seen it once and that's enough for my family)
Please don't flame the question.....
With the recent news of Frozen taking over the castle for Christmas (which I think makes sense for a few years,) what are the chances the castle being taken over for a few years by Frozen and this refurb could be used to transform the inside to an "ice palace"? It has been a birthday cake, after all.

Bolt

I didn't want to thread bump but this seemed the most likely place to post this. Let me be upfront when I say I am NOT a Frozen fan (seen it once and that's enough for my family)
With the recent news of Frozen taking over the castle for Christmas (which I think makes sense for a few years,) what are the chances the castle being taken over for a few years by Frozen and this refurb could be used to transform the inside to an "ice palace"? It has been a birthday cake, after all.
Not happening.

mousehockey37

It's CINDERELLA'S CASTLE!!!!!

They're able to do the VSS for the Halloween party because Lady Tremaine is the one who is "taking it over" for those nights to host the party.

tor29c

I really don't think this is such a far fetched idea, especially from a marketing idea. Cinderella has been around for decades and the up and coming money spenders will be much more familiar with, and have greater affection for, Elsa than Cinderella. Truly, I have no horse in this race and whichever way this plays out will not affect my real life in any way but I believe Wngo is on to something. Just my 2 cents.

MotherOfBirds

I can already hear the enraged screams of Disney brides everywhere

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
But it also was a horrible Birthday Cake...
Cinderella-Castle-Birthday-cake-25th1.jpg

I am NOT hoping this happens but it was a thought that popped into my head today.

One word, well two actually, HIDEOUS and WHAT THE **** WERE THEY THINKING? Wasn't Eisner in charge at this time? So that's why when we visited in August 1996 the Castle was bright pink, as in Pepto Bismol pink.

Well, laddies, we've got 7 years to convince TDO to not do this again.

LAKid53

Premium Member
It's CINDERELLA'S CASTLE!!!!!

They're able to do the VSS for the Halloween party because Lady Tremaine is the one who is "taking it over" for those nights to host the party.

Just want to warn you, I got slammed for making the name possessive...

LAKid53

Premium Member
I can already hear the enraged screams of Disney brides everywhere

And my daughter will be one of them... Her plan is to get engaged at CRT (little hitch in the plan, still needs the right guy) and get married in front of the Castle and drive around in Cinderella's carriage. And then have her wedding night in the Royal Suite. She will redefine Bridezilla if the Castle goes Frozen.

mousehockey37

And my daughter will be one of them... Her plan is to get engaged at CRT (little hitch in the plan, still needs the right guy) and get married in front of the Castle and drive around in Cinderella's carriage. And then have her wedding night in the Royal Suite. She will redefine Bridezilla if the Castle goes Frozen.

I hope you got a good job to pay for that one...

LAKid53

Premium Member
I hope you got a good job to pay for that one...

We priced a Disney wedding a couple of years ago and it's wasn't as expensive as one would think. I think the real issue will be me trying to figure out how to get that wedding night in the Royal Suite.... she may have to give that one a bye bye.

FigmentsFangirl

I was a child when I had a dinner {it was around I dunno, 12USD ? back in early 1990s; I was younger than Ten, that is all I really remember} and my older sister nearly decked King Stefan! My mom remembers it clear as day

LAKid53

Premium Member
Be Our Guest doesn't serve breakfast....they could just do breakfast in one dining room

Except that BOG opens for lunch at 10:30 and the last breakfast at CRT was around 9:30, 9:45. That would be an interesting traffic nightmare to watch. "Those of you waiting to get in for CRT for breakfast, please stand to the left. Those of you waiting for FP for Be Our Guest for lunch please stand to the right. Those of you waiting for standby for lunch at Be Our Guest, please jump off the bridge because you are SOL." And I would feel sorry for the poor CMs who will take the brunt of the guests ire. "But Mommy, why is Cinderella here? I thought we were in the Beast's Castle. I wanna see the Beast and Belle, not Jasmine. Wahhhh."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom