Cinderella's Royal Table closing for lengthy refurbishment in early 2015

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Main Street???
Last time I checked you over looked the Courtyard in back? Have I missed something....

Nope, you are correct. If you sit by one of the windows, you look over the Carousel behind the Castle - there are no windows on the other side of the dining room since that is where (1) the stairs and elevator are, (2) the entry to the kitchen and (3) where the princesses enter from. Unless the poster has x-ray vision - Princesses beware!

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm surprised too…you would think when they built Beast Castle that there would have been an option to move it to a special area there, which would not interfere with Be Our Guest restaurant. That would be a nice alternative location.

And I hope that this has nothing to do with Frozen's insane popularity...

Bite your tongue - they might be listening.

erclvrb18

25ewhlx.png
[/IMG]
25ewhlx.png

if they do change theming it should be done to the style of one of the original plans... very soft like tokyo disneylands.... it may be more princess looking.... but its ok.... not over done or pink at all....

prberk

I always feel like I am in the minority on these boards. But here we go again,

My wife and I love CRT. Part of it is totally the novelty of eating in the castle, but we have never had anything but fantastic service and pretty darn good food there. We're going to be in WDW not too long after they close for the refurb and we're disappointed our traditional first morning breakfast will be shuttered.

Have you been eating there since before it was a character meal only? If so, how do you compare the experience before and after?

And do you remember the prices being more reasonable? How does the menu compare to when you first started?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Have you been eating there since before it was a character meal only? If so, how do you compare the experience before and after?

And do you remember the prices being more reasonable? How does the menu compare to when you first started?

King Stefans Dining Hall,

Walk up, get seated and get beef/seafood/chicken and all at a REASONABLE price, No 6 month ADR no $300 bill for a family of 4, No princesses but there were enough of them elsewhere in fantasyland.

Sped2424

I didn't want to thread bump but this seemed the most likely place to post this. Let me be upfront when I say I am NOT a Frozen fan (seen it once and that's enough for my family)
Please don't flame the question.....
With the recent news of Frozen taking over the castle for Christmas (which I think makes sense for a few years,) what are the chances the castle being taken over for a few years by Frozen and this refurb could be used to transform the inside to an "ice palace"? It has been a birthday cake, after all.
Oh please. I could start listing all of the reasons this won't happen. But I i'd rather save myself some time. Let's stop doing the whole Frozen is invading paranoia thing okay. They are capitalizing on a film in a manner that they used to do back in the 90's. The only difference here is they did it before the film used to hit theaters back in the day. Here they did it almost a year after because they have no faith in their brand anymore.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Menu was far better and much more reasonably priced, Think average local steakhouse with a 15-20% Disney pricing premium which I always felt was reasonable, Let's face it even a 50-100% premium was 'worth it' if the food and experience was good.

It USED to be that dining was part of the overall experience, With the increase in price and concomitant decrease in quality and the staff at most places rushing you it's no longer fun so being DVC we eat in villa or offsite most days.

prberk

Menu was far better and much more reasonably priced, Think average local steakhouse with a 15-20% Disney pricing premium which I always felt was reasonable, Let's face it even a 50-100% premium was 'worth it' if the food and experience was good.

It USED to be that dining was part of the overall experience, With the increase in price and concomitant decrease in quality and the staff at most places rushing you it's no longer fun so being DVC we eat in villa or offsite most days.

I completely understand that sentiment. And it really is sad for the generation of folks who have never known that Disney: When everything was only slightly higher-priced than others but when the quality was great and when there were experiences for adults and families that did not have to be force-fed princesses and characters. Sure, they were around, but not everywhere -- and thus more special themselves.

WDW is a full-scale (as in largest in the world) resort, and it used to act like such -- with things for everyone, and with service and food to match. Now it seems that they are trying so hard to "maximize profit" on indivual experiences that it is leaving many of their biggest fans with a sour taste in our mouths. Reputation and word-of-mouth as a spectacular family resort that was expensive but worth it -- with details and experiences for adults as well -- went a long way back then, but is being hurt now, I think.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I completely understand that sentiment. And it really is sad for the generation of folks who have never known that Disney: When everything was only slightly higher-priced than others but when the quality was great and when there were experiences for adults and families that did not have to be force-fed princesses and characters. Sure, they were around, but not everywhere -- and thus more special themselves.

WDW is a full-scale (as in largest in the world) resort, and it used to act like such -- with things for everyone, and with service and food to match. Now it seems that they are trying so hard to "maximize profit" on indivual experiences that it is leaving many of their biggest fans with a sour taste in our mouths. Reputation and word-of-mouth as a spectacular family resort that was expensive but worth it -- with details and experiences for adults as well -- went a long way back then, but is being hurt now, I think.

EXACTLY WDW was indeed a RESORT in all senses of the word up to the last year or so of Eisner's tenure when the cost cutting started to take hold, The dip in the late 90's I attribute more to TWDC spending to make sure they were Y2K compliant,

I did a lot of work on Y2K stuff for the airlines and we actually left the old systems up and running but no longer in use as a demonstration for the 'Wall St types who were all over us for 'unnecessary spending on Y2K' - let's just say at 00:00:01 1-Jan-2000 they were hosed. After analysts saw what happened there was not a peep out them.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The Parks Blog announced today that while the Royal Table is under refurb, the princess breakfast/ brunch will be moved to Citricos. The menu looks to be a $50 price fixe.

Dinner at Citricos remains unchanged and is character free.

I wonder if this was done to alleviate some of the demand that was sure to be placed on Akershus during this refurb, since it hosted a similar breakfast.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Hopefully this means the food, while similar menu, will be better given the move to Citricos. So glad I'm staying at GF during this time; will have to change our reservation from 1900 Park Fare to Citricos to celebrate DD's birthday.

JustInTime

Oh please. I could start listing all of the reasons this won't happen. But I i'd rather save myself some time. Let's stop doing the whole Frozen is invading paranoia thing okay. They are capitalizing on a film in a manner that they used to do back in the 90's. The only difference here is they did it before the film used to hit theaters back in the day. Here they did it almost a year after because they have no faith in their brand anymore.
Well, it was King Stefan's Hall at one time. You know Sleeping Beauty's father...in Cinderealla's castle. lol

Last edited:

Sped2424

Well, it was King Stefan's Hall at one time. You know Sleeping Beauty's father...in Cinderealla's castle. lol
Which was changed later lol But I highly doubt they would ever put frozen in the castle (at least retheme the restaurant for frozen.) Now having anna and elsa have a dessert party or something else exclusive in there I could see. But not a re theme to frozen.

JustInTime

Which was changed later lol But I highly doubt they would ever put frozen in the castle (at least retheme the restaurant for frozen.) Now having anna and elsa have a dessert party or something else exclusive in there I could see. But not a re theme to frozen.
I hope you're right!

FigmentsFangirl

Makes sense, and more fun, a desert party with Queen and Princess.... Maybe after the castle lighting ? You know, Cindy invites them in for a Christmas dinner or snack ?

tl77

I was in there on Monday and it hasn't changed since the 70's in there, I'm assuming the will maybe bring the look of it a little more up to date, more along the lines of the Fairytale Princess Hall, Castel Suite, and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique interiors

Last edited:

tl77

This is how "King Stefan's Banquet Hall" has always looked
dining-room-2-cinderellas-royal-table.jpg

2007August1614.JPG

and Princess Hall was designed to look like part of the same building, just with lighter "princess" colors
Princess-Fairytale-Hall_Full_19510.jpg

Princess-Fairytale-Hall_Full_19507.jpg

The castle restaurant is the only part of old Fantasyland that hasn't gotten the New Fantasyland paint job yet

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom