Cinderella's Royal Table closing for lengthy refurbishment in early 2015

mgpan

Interesting. I wonder what they're planning to do?

Turn the AC down as cold as it will go, use the menu from Askershus breakfast and change to a Frozen Character Breakfast with Anna/Elsa and everyone's favorite carrot nosed snowman? Only $150 per person or 6 entitlements on the Disney Dining Plan plus small $50 surcharge, not including mandatory photo package?

cw1982

Turn the AC down as cold as it will go, use the menu from Askershus breakfast and change to a Frozen Character Breakfast with Anna/Elsa and everyone's favorite carrot nosed snowman? Only $150 per person or 6 entitlements on the Disney Dining Plan plus small $50 surcharge, not including mandatory photo package?

Lol...

If they did turn the castle into Elsa's ice palace, I would be very upset. Just saying.

BuddyThomas

Yeah, I was just thinking of all the money people are going to be saving during this refurb. But Disney will make up for it when this reopens as (fill in the blank) at a 75% price increase. And then it will still be sold out every single day. Sigh.

mgpan

Allow me to start a bogus rumor that this is the WDW Club 33 location with princess dining moving to Adventureland Verandah.

But think how much money they can save if its Frozen, they'll never have to take down the icicle holiday lights again, and no crane in vacation pictures to boot!

Actually, I rather like that 33 rumor, but I like 33 in the Verandah better (dole whips with rum floaters, yummm...)

aladdin2007

Allow me to start a bogus rumor that this is the WDW Club 33 location with princess dining moving to Adventureland Verandah.

haha you beat me to it was thinking same thing, would be pretty neat though to have club33 in the castle...the castle shops and dining use to be really nice, now its nothing but princess-mart.

Magenta Panther

I ate at the Castle last time I visited WDW...and to my surprise, the food was actually very good. I had the Tenderloin (and it actually was tender, and very tasty) with asparagus. Yum! And for dessert I had The Clock Strikes Twelve - also yummy. I was seated at a table by one of the windows, and got to look down on Main Street as I ate. Totally awesome experience.

My only quibble is that while the restaurant is very medieval and charming, it's also quite small, almost cramped. But I don't imagine the refurb would have anything to do with enlarging the place - I don't see how it could be done.

Magenta Panther

In all seriousness, given the popularity of Cinderellas Royal Table (still King Stefan's Banquet hall to me!), I am sort of surprised they aren't setting up an alternate princess dining location in the Magic Kingdom for the duration.

They sort of do, at the Akershus in Norway. I've eaten there too, and the food was just okay, and there's only one area inside it where you feel like you're inside a castle. It's not nearly as nice as Cinderella's Royal Table IMO.

Cesar R M

In all seriousness, given the popularity of Cinderellas Royal Table (still King Stefan's Banquet hall to me!), I am sort of surprised they aren't setting up an alternate princess dining location in the Magic Kingdom for the duration.
or worse, they will be adding double decker dinning seats and areas.. because the place is always bursting to its seams.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom