Expedition Everest effects status watch

Tom Morrow

Who would have thought that the other effects, which work with the same consistency as any other effect in WDW, would be working? Every report in this thread has been nearly the exact same thing for 7 years now! The bird works again now... big whoop. That's certainly not "the only stickied thread in the entire forum" worthy.

Not trying to insult you @NeonNinja. I just want to reiterate how pointless it is to still have this thread stickied, because I'm so sick of seeing it. ( I know, first world problems and all that...)

I've posted several times in this thread as to why this is pointless, and I'm going to do it again since I have nothing better to do at the moment:

- Having only ONE stickied thread downplays every other show quality issue at WDW in favor of ONE. You could start a thread for every single ride and have the same amount to report, actually maybe even more since most rides have more effects that go out than Everest. Rides like Tower of Terror are in dire need of refurbishment too, but when there isn't a 25 foot animatronic to point at, the internet doesn't care enough to complain about it.
- if the yeti ever does move again suddenly, it will be all over Twitter, Facebook, 5 new threads in this forum, etc.... nobody is going to learn that the yeti is moving again from THIS thread.
- Newbies see this thread, ride Everest, and think "wow, the steam, bird, and waterfalls were all working, I must have gotten lucky!' when in reality that is how it is 90% of the time.
- You're keeping this stickied as a way to "stick it to Disney" but its obvious they are in no rush to please the fans on this topic. Pick your battles. The fans are not going to win this one, sadly.

My suggestion is to create a few general "effects watch" threads. "DAK effects status watch", for example.

cw1982

Who would have thought that the other effects, which work with the same consistency as any other effect in WDW, would be working? Every report in this thread has been nearly the exact same thing for 7 years now! The bird works again now... big whoop. That's certainly not "the only stickied thread in the entire forum" worthy.

Not trying to insult you @NeonNinja. I just want to reiterate how pointless it is to still have this thread stickied, because I'm so sick of seeing it. ( I know, first world problems and all that...)

I've posted several times in this thread as to why this is pointless, and I'm going to do it again since I have nothing better to do at the moment:

- Having only ONE stickied thread downplays every other show quality issue at WDW in favor of ONE. You could start a thread for every single ride and have the same amount to report, actually maybe even more since most rides have more effects that go out than Everest. Rides like Tower of Terror are in dire need of refurbishment too, but when there isn't a 25 foot animatronic to point at, the internet doesn't care enough to complain about it.
- if the yeti ever does move again suddenly, it will be all over Twitter, Facebook, 5 new threads in this forum, etc.... nobody is going to learn that the yeti is moving again from THIS thread.
- Newbies see this thread, ride Everest, and think "wow, the steam, bird, and waterfalls were all working, I must have gotten lucky!' when in reality that is how it is 90% of the time.
- You're keeping this stickied as a way to "stick it to Disney" but its obvious they are in no rush to please the fans on this topic. Pick your battles. The fans are not going to win this one, sadly.

My suggestion is to create a few general "effects watch" threads. "DAK effects status watch", for example.

Not to be rude, but you've made your point clear numerous times now without getting the result you want. Is it really that hard to just not open the thread? I fail to see how its location is hurting anyone.

Tom Morrow

Not to be rude, but you've made your point clear numerous times now without getting the result you want. Is it really that hard to just not open the thread? I fail to see how its location is hurting anyone.
I know, but you can't not see it, it's at the top of the forum, and has been for seven years. I still open it because of the chance that somebody posted something worthwhile. But instead its just "the waterfalls were working, steam was working, yeti was not" over and over. Nobody would ever, ever care to report on the status of the steam and waterfalls if this thread was not here.

I also would argue that it does hurt, because it draws attention from all other issues with WDW.

cw1982

I know, but you can't not see it, it's at the top of the forum, and has been for seven years. I still open it because of the chance that somebody posted something worthwhile. But instead its just "the waterfalls were working, steam was working, yeti was not" over and over. Nobody would ever, ever care to report on the status of the steam and waterfalls if this thread was not here.

I also would argue that it does hurt, because it draws attention from all other issues with WDW.

I think most of us know how to scroll past a thread that doesn't hold interest for us.

cw1982

While I am sick of seeing it, my complaint isn't so much seeing it as it is the negative effect of having this and only this stickied.

Okay. So start another thread worth sticky status or request other specific threads in existence get to the sticky section. But filling this one with complaint after complaint when it's clear the complaints are getting you nowhere is only further tainting this thread. Just my opinion.

Tom Morrow

Okay. So start another thread worth sticky status or request other specific threads in existence get to the sticky section. But filling this one with complaint after complaint when it's clear the complaints are getting you nowhere is only further tainting this thread. Just my opinion.
other "status watch" threads have been started with a similar intention but nothing ever gets stickied besides this.

So I have to ask what purpose having only this sticked serves other than "haha take that Disney", which would be okay I guess if it wasn't downplaying the fact that nearly every ride at WDW has major, ongoing show issues as well.

cw1982

other "status watch" threads have been started with a similar intention but nothing ever gets stickied besides this.

So I have to ask what purpose having only this sticked serves other than "haha take that Disney", which would be okay I guess if it wasn't downplaying the fact that nearly every ride at WDW has major, ongoing show issues as well.

You're missing my point. Recommend other threads to be stickied, start threads that you think should be stickied and request it to the mods, or whatever... but whining here about this thread's location is far worse than the updates that you deem to be pointless. At least they are on topic.

There are other solutions besides bashing the thread. Pick one.

worldfanatic

I agree with Tom Morrow.
There is zero reason for this thread to remain stickied.
Stream, Waterfall and Stickbird updates aren't that important.
And as he pointed out, if the Yeti was ever fixed, the news would explode in our Disney Nerd circles. There'd be no need to get the news here.

cw1982

I agree with Tom Morrow.
There is zero reason for this thread to remain stickied.
Stream, Waterfall and Stickbird updates aren't that important.
And as he pointed out, if the Yeti was ever fixed, the news would explode in our Disney Nerd circles. There'd be no need to get the news here.

That's fine. I'm just getting a little tired of so many posts being off topic because he doesn't like the thread being a sticky. At the very least, it seems like the more appropriate way to handle it would be to pm a mod and ask them about it directly, since flooding the thread with the same repetitive comment isn't helping.

Disney Analyst

The fact that people care so much what thread is stickied.. and actually thinks the stickied threads make or break anything is completely ludicrous. This thread in no way detracts from any other issues at WDW or overshadows them. This thread is simply that, a thread on a forum... Step away from the keyboard and go outside people.

thelookingglass

There are so many other threads that could at least be stickied in addition to this one, but this remains one of only a handful of stickied threads in the entire forum. Anyone care to give a reasonable explanation rather than just saying "stop caring so much about it!" ?

Disney Analyst

Because the mods couldn't be bothered with something so trifle as to unsticky a thread because some people can't get over it? Because the leaders of this site feel this is an important topic and they overrule you? Maybe it's just something we'll never know the answer to... But I do suggest just moving on, there are far more important things in life to worry about then the stickied status of threads on a forum about Disney.

thelookingglass

Because the mods couldn't be bothered with something so trifle as to unsticky a thread because some people can't get over it? Because the leaders of this site feel this is an important topic and they overrule you? Maybe it's just something we'll never know the answer to... But I do suggest just moving on, there are far more important things in life to worry about then the stickied status of threads on a forum about Disney.
Yeah, why should we hold the mods accountable to maintain and manage the forum?

That is literally why they are here. Removing outdated and irrelevant threads is part of what they are supposed to do.

PS - nice use of the "you're caring too much about something that I don't care about, therefore you are a shut-in who needs to get out more." trope.

cw1982

Yeah, why should we hold the mods accountable to maintain and manage the forum?

That is literally why they are here. Removing outdated and irrelevant threads is part of what they are supposed to do.

And it's something they do for free, in their free time, and it's THEIR website. So they get to decide what's appropriate and where it goes. This isn't exactly the kind of thing where everyone has a vote and then the mods have to go along with it.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Yippee! The Yeti is working again! And does it look AMAZING! I can't believe it!

And, neither should you because that's just CRAZY talk. No. It isn't working yet. I lied! But that brief moment of excitement you felt while reading this -- is exactly the reason why this thread IS stickied. It's going to happen eventually (in some form or fashion) and when it does I'd like to read about it and comment on it HERE. That is why it's stickied.

In my mind EVERY current attraction at WDW should have an "Attraction Name Here: effects status watch" thread created and stickied to the forum! If not for our benefit... let's rub Disney's nose in it..and hope of having those effects fixed.

Sorry for the fib. Just trying to put this stickied thread into perspective.

RayTheFirefly

Yippee! The Yeti is working again! And does it look AMAZING! I can't believe it!

And, neither should you because that's just CRAZY talk. No. It isn't working yet. I lied! But that brief moment of excitement you felt while reading this -- is exactly the reason why this thread IS stickied. It's going to happen eventually (in some form or fashion) and when it does I'd like to read about it and comment on it HERE. That is why it's stickied.

In my mind EVERY current attraction at WDW should have an "Attraction Name Here: effects status watch" thread created and stickied to the forum! If not for our benefit... let's rub Disney's nose in it..and hope of having those effects fixed.

:cautious:

dgp602

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does "stickied" mean?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom