Expedition Everest effects status watch

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Who would have thought that the other effects, which work with the same consistency as any other effect in WDW, would be working? Every report in this thread has been nearly the exact same thing for 7 years now! The bird works again now... big whoop. That's certainly not "the only stickied thread in the entire forum" worthy.

Not trying to insult you @NeonNinja. I just want to reiterate how pointless it is to still have this thread stickied, because I'm so sick of seeing it. ( I know, first world problems and all that...)

I've posted several times in this thread as to why this is pointless, and I'm going to do it again since I have nothing better to do at the moment:

- Having only ONE stickied thread downplays every other show quality issue at WDW in favor of ONE. You could start a thread for every single ride and have the same amount to report, actually maybe even more since most rides have more effects that go out than Everest. Rides like Tower of Terror are in dire need of refurbishment too, but when there isn't a 25 foot animatronic to point at, the internet doesn't care enough to complain about it.
- if the yeti ever does move again suddenly, it will be all over Twitter, Facebook, 5 new threads in this forum, etc.... nobody is going to learn that the yeti is moving again from THIS thread.
- Newbies see this thread, ride Everest, and think "wow, the steam, bird, and waterfalls were all working, I must have gotten lucky!' when in reality that is how it is 90% of the time.
- You're keeping this stickied as a way to "stick it to Disney" but its obvious they are in no rush to please the fans on this topic. Pick your battles. The fans are not going to win this one, sadly.

My suggestion is to create a few general "effects watch" threads. "DAK effects status watch", for example.

I'm with you. This thread is annoying.

There should just be a complete section of sticky threads for every single attraction so we don't have to see this... "CoP status watch," "DINOSAUR status watch," "Ellen's Energy Adventure Status Watch.."

All of these rides could basically have the exact same topic. Why the heck is this particular attraction singled out? Just because of a non-moving yet that hasn't worked since forever? Big whoop. Like this person said, if it IS fixed, it would already be over the entire website and social media. Why is this thread still stickied? It's pretty annoying.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm with you. This thread is annoying.

There should just be a complete section of sticky threads for every single attraction so we don't have to see this... "CoP status watch," "DINOSAUR status watch," "Ellen's Energy Adventure Status Watch.."

All of these rides could basically have the exact same topic. Why the heck is this particular attraction singled out? Just because of a non-moving yet that hasn't worked since forever? Big whoop. Like this person said, if it IS fixed, it would already be over the entire website and social media. Why is this thread still stickied? It's pretty annoying.
A fly is annoying... a mosquito is annoying... a stickied thread is pretty innocuous.

MerlinTheGoat

Tikiman made the following post a few minutes ago, I hope his source was correct and that this isn't just another false alarm or someone messing with him-
I hate to dig up an old posting but I did not want to start a new one. I don’t have exact dates but soon Everest will be closed for an extended period and the Yeti will be fixed. Sorry if this was already posted somewhere else but I could not find it anywhere.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/yeti-is-indeed-being-fixed.716149/page-42#post-6253652

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Because it is symbolic of issues at the attraction and elsewhere.

And because it is meant to be a headliner attraction with a broken finale.

Splash Mountain is supposed to be a headliner attraction and has so many problems that it adds up to the Yeti. Why isn't there a stickied thread for that?

The Great Movie ride is supposed to be a headliner attraction, but it's completely outdated and forgotten. Why isn't there a stickied thread for that?

Heck, Ellen's Energy Adventure is a huge ride, and the dino AAs barely move, why isn't there a stickied thread for that?

I'm telling you, there needs to be a new area for status effect watches for all rides. I'm not opposed to that idea.

MerlinTheGoat

I haven't ridden Splash since early 2012, when it was still in dreadful pre-refurb condition and literally falling apart. The refurb really cleaned things up and it actually looks like management has made attempts to keep it working fairly well since then. I'm truly surprised it hasn't fallen back into disrepair again (I'm still not getting comfortable as there's plenty of time for them to fall back on old bad habits). Here's a video of Splash labeled as taken on August 2nd, and it still looks like it's in almost perfect working order-

The water effects in the Laughing Place are all working fully from what is shown. So unless you've visited WDW within the past four days to confirm that it has been turned off since this video was taken, it may have just been an issue that they fixed overnight (I'd be moderately forgiving of minor problems as long as they're fixed in a timely manner). The finale scene isn't shown in this particular video, but other recent 2014 videos on Youtube from the past month or so seem to indicate everything functioning as it should around the riverboat sequence and after. The ONLY persistent issue I can spot in recent videos is one of the laughing place turtles. His mouth doesn't move as it should. Other than that though everything looks to be in pretty fantastic working condition from what I can tell. Admittedly these sorts of videos aren't an ideal way to spot details, but the basics looks like they're very solid. Plants are growing, paint still looks bright and fresh, things seem relatively clean (at least in the scenes, unsure how clean the boats are) and the animatronics are working very smoothly with what appears to be their full and original range of motion.

We're considering taking a short trip up to WDW early next month (unless something else gets in the way as it has the last few times we planned on visiting). Making Splash a priority personally (and Maelstrom before it's ruined with Frozen). I haven't ridden the ride in its proper show-ready condition since the mid 90's and i'm eager to see it in its intended form again. I very much hope it's still in good condition by then and continues to be kept that way from now on. It was depressing how bad it was prior to last year.

This is kind of getting offtopic though, sorry mods. Assuming the yeti is indeed fixed, I wonder whether the other disabled effects will be re-enabled, such as the original fog effects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom