Expedition Everest effects status watch

Disney Analyst

Someone on Mice Chat reported they saw his had making small movements... Anyone wanna investigate if maybe the yeti was on this roundup of improvements that just happened, and that it has some movement again? Or is it strobe light madness seeping in?

Marc Gil

Someone on Mice Chat reported they saw his had making small movements... Anyone wanna investigate if maybe the yeti was on this roundup of improvements that just happened, and that it has some movement again? Or is it strobe light madness seeping in?
I definitely saw some movement in the hand. The strobe light is still on though.

Disney Analyst

I decided to text my friend who works at DAK, and ask if he's noticed anything. I'll preface this to say the old Safari manager Mike Lolli got moved from safari to Asia. Mike Lolli is a great manager, with a lot of pull.. Who did great things over in Harambe, so he was moved to work on Asia.

Needless to say, according to my friend they are fixing the yeti. "But I thought it couldn't move anymore" I said. He says don't listen to that, it's all just rumors. Disney was just being cheap and didn't want to fix the yeti. And I mean.. After working for the company I can see how that's true. Disney would never come out and say "hey our most advanced creation has broken and it's too expensive to fix right now"

Mike has a lot of pull... So perhaps disco yeti is going away...

ctxak98

WDI were taking a very close look at old Discostrobe earlier this year. A very close look. Not the first time.
Is that a good sign that he will be fixed?! I feel he needs to be fixed but at this point I could wait for Avatar to open for them to fix the yeti and do a refurb on Dinosaur!

Once that is done I think Animal Kingdom could be my favorite park!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is that a good sign that he will be fixed?! I feel he needs to be fixed but at this point I could wait for Avatar to open for them to fix the yeti and do a refurb on Dinosaur!

Once that is done I think Animal Kingdom could be my favorite park!
It is a sign they've known its a problem for a long long time.

RayTheFirefly

I rode it on Friday. Steam was working, waterfalls were working, and I swear I saw the Yeti's arm move. I also noticed the bird for the first time. I couldn't see the stick, so it was nicely done, but it seemed kind of weird and pointless to me.

rt06

Yeti definitely moved last week. It was a slight lean to his right, maybe it was just his arm, but definite movement.

sonoma15

Went on today, could clearly see the yeti was not moving, steam is on, waterfalls are on and bird on a stick, the yeti looked like the strobe kind of lasted to long because you could see the backstage area behind it

Mr Anderson

Huh; interesting. I don't believe I've ever seen the steam, waterfalls, bird or yeti working before. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the former 3 will still be working by the time I go in December, and that mayyyybe, just maybe, some magic pixie dust refurb will get the yeti to quit with the disco and get down with scarin' folks.
fingers-crossed.jpg

Tom Morrow

Guys, please stop reporting that the steam, waterfalls, and now bird are working. They work with the consistency of any other effect in WDW.

And of course, if the yeti ever does actually move again, the news will explode through the internet, so this thread is still pointless to be pinned to the top.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom