Trip Report đźŽ¶ Everything is 'going to Disney to get a passholder magnet' Awesome! 🎶

tenor.gif

How this all came about:

And Disney said, “let there be annual passholder magnets, and there were magnets, and it was good.”

Laura said, “I need to get that Donald passholder magnet before June 29, and Sean booked Old Key West, and it was good.”

What does this all mean, you ask? Are @imahistorygeek and @lostpro9het really going to Disney for a magnet?? Why, yes, that’s exactly what we are going to do! Why??

🎶Because Everything* Is Awesome! 🎶

*By awesome, I mean visiting Disney again, getting a magnet, escaping work, eating at new restaurants, and staying at Old Key West!

Here’s our plan:

June 22 – Leave the kid in charge of the cats. Drive to Disney. Check in at OKW. I’ve requested a refurbed area. Eat at Homecomin.
June 23 – Park stuff and eating. I believe tonight’s dinner is Brown Derby. Catch some fireworks.
June 24 – More park stuff and more eating. I think we may have lunch at MK at The Diamond Horseshoe. Dinner is Ale and Compass.
June 25 – Tiny bit park stuff and then going back home.

I was able to do alright on fastpass selections. The only things that I can remember not being available were 7 dwarves and FoP. The other Pandora ride had plenty of FPs available, but I said nah.

It’s a super-short trip. Disney knows how to get us to come back. Offer up some flimsy thing to stick to the fridge.

I’m posting this as a pre-trip report if you want to follow along on IG. This will not be a full-fledged trip report, but just a following along of what we are going to do on a particular day. If you’d like to follow along, my IG username is the same as here. I’ll post pictures of the park, food, drinks, and other stuff, especially the magnet!

If you have any favs at the places I mentioned above for food and drink, please share.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
If there is one ride in all of WDW I will never ride again, it's the river ride in Pandora. That's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back. I thought the new green mission space would be something I'd never ride again, but the river journey secured that top spot.

As for the Na'vi River Journey, I thought it was visual and relaxing; but if I hadn't seen the movie, I'm not sure I would have figured out what the heck the ride was about. Also, I can't imagine waiting more than say, 15 minutes to ride on it. (Conversely, FOP was a blast, and worth waiting for, but no longer than an hour, tops.)

With regard to MS Green, I've always liked it. Haven't ridden on Orange in years, because the last time I did, I ended up getting vertigo a day or two later. (I'm also careful with inverted loop coasters like RNR over in DHS.)

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
As for the Na'vi River Journey, I thought it was visual and relaxing; but if I hadn't seen the movie, I'm not sure I would have figured out what the heck the ride was about. Also, I can't imagine waiting more than say, 15 minutes to ride on it. (Conversely, FOP was a blast, and worth waiting for, but no longer than an hour, tops.)

With regard to MS Green, I've always liked it. Haven't ridden on Orange in years, because the last time I did, I ended up getting vertigo a day or two later. (I'm also careful with inverted loop coasters like RNR over in DHS.)

I haven't seen Avatar. It just never seemed interesting enough to watch. I will say the audio-animatronic at the end was very impressive.

We've always ridden MS, but they should have just stuck with Lieutenant Dan. I liked the mission to mars better than whatever they're going with now.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I haven't seen Pandora. It just never seemed interesting enough to watch. I will say the audio-animatronic at the end was very impressive.

We've always ridden MS, but they should have just stuck with Lieutenant Dan. I liked the mission to mars better than whatever they're going with now.

Yah, about a week before I went down there in May, I watched a DVD of the movie. Seeing it right from the beginning, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Actually, I got into it maybe around the 2nd half of the movie. Anyway, I was glad I saw it, as it helped to frame a storyline around many of the things I saw in Pandora.

I think most people wished they kept Lieutenant Dan as well for MS. Gary Sinise was just perfect for the role.

Rista1313

We're really not lunch table service folks, so our hearts were not broken. I'd rather have the meat and cheese plate plus the pretzel at Tap House. Now that's a yummy lunch.

I could just eat meat/cheese boards daily... so good!

You're not a true southeasterner unless you religiously eat at Chick-fil-a! Thank God my town finally got one 3 years ago!

We finally got one up here in Michigan about a year and half ago... but I lived in the south several years so I knew what I was missing. I had to cut myself off from eating here more than once a week because I was getting ridiculous. Now I have chick-fil-a fridays for breakfast each week.

How do you like that big screen TV?

That's like 1/3rd of the size of the new ones at Pop Century. That's sad!

Paid a little visit to Basin to get some fizzy when the sky opened up for about 5 minutes.

I just broke my thin Basin Shampoo bar this morning... /cry... now I'll wait until November to get another one. I refuse to pay shipping!

After Flights of Disclaimers we did something we’re not super proud of, we rode Living with the Blacklight.

awww.. I really enjoyed that dark ride. It's not crazy fun like FoP, but I still like it. (hubby had a DAS pass) so no waiting in line for us.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
I loved Homecomin' too! Although, the one item we did feel was overrated there was his signature fried chicken....just...lacked something. No flavor like I expected. But everything else that I had there was uh-mazing. I'm new to the South, but dang. The food-mmmm.

FotLK is my #1 must-do at any of the Disney parks. Amazing show.

I've only been to Satu'uli (or however it's spelled) the one time, but it was enjoyable and I'm sure we'll go back to it.

I've been pondering that thing you found on the counter in the bathroom, and all I can come up with is maybe the ice bucket goes in it?? I can't tell the size of it from the picture but it is a head-scratcher.

DisSplash

I haven't seen Avatar. It just never seemed interesting enough to watch. I will say the audio-animatronic at the end was very impressive.

I was exactly the same way - just did not get it - but we ended up watching it last summer after a long family discussion over “nothing to watch.” I was seriously surprised by how much I liked it! Go figure. We plan to rewatch it before we head there in August for a current frame of reference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom