Zootopia Spoiler Discussion Thread

StarWarsGirl

Okay, I loved it so much that I'm seeing it again tomorrow. I went with my friend on Sunday and now I'm going again with my brother.

The only other two movies I've seen twice in theaters are Force Awakens and Finding Nemo. This is a big deal...

champdisney

I dont see why you complain about the "formula". Its only been 2 movies with the villain being "unexpected".

Then, the older movies were also full of complains about being "too predictable".
Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Zootopia... and Bolt (if Penny's creepy little manager counts). All villains were undercover for much of those films until making their true presence known towards the end. That's the formula I'm talking about.

What complaints are you speaking of? The fact that good always wins over evil in a Disney movie? Those are great compelling stories that never get old.

Cesar R M

Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Zootopia... and Bolt (if Penny's creepy little manager counts). All villains were undercover for much of those films until making their true presence known towards the end. That's the formula I'm talking about.

What complaints are you speaking of? The fact that good always wins over evil in a Disney movie? Those are great compelling stories that never get old.
"too predictable".
No idea why you ask if I said it in the same sentence.

And yeah, I didnt remembered Big Hero 6. Which blamed the wrong guy until the reveal.
Wreck it Ralph shifted a lot. Since the whole point was to see it from the "bad guy" eyeview (even if he actually had a heart of gold.)

Flippin'Flounder

"too predictable".
No idea why you ask if I said it in the same sentence.

And yeah, I didnt remembered Big Hero 6. Which blamed the wrong guy until the reveal.
Wreck it Ralph shifted a lot. Since the whole point was to see it from the "bad guy" eyeview (even if he actually had a heart of gold.)
The thing is, before WiR, it never shifted at all. Did Maleficent hide anything? Jafar? The Evil Queen? It was a new thing that worked, and now it's being overused. I still like all thee movies, but I think a straight up villain would be nice.

Cesar R M

The thing is, before WiR, it never shifted at all. Did Maleficent hide anything? Jafar? The Evil Queen? It was a new thing that worked, and now it's being overused. I still like all thee movies, but I think a straight up villain would be nice.
Those examples you mentioned never hided anything. It was plain straight who the bad guy was.

And the Shift was for Ralph being the "annoying bad guy, seeing from the bad guys perspective" then shifted to the reveal that king candy was the bad guy after all.
Ironically, nothing could have been revealed if Ralph didnt crash land in sugar rush.

Flippin'Flounder

Those examples you mentioned never hided anything. It was plain straight who the bad guy was.

And the Shift was for Ralph being the "annoying bad guy, seeing from the bad guys perspective" then shifted to the reveal that king candy was the bad guy after all.
Ironically, nothing could have been revealed if Ralph didnt crash land in sugar rush.
Exactly. I don't see why we needed to go from straight up villains, to having 4 hidden villains in a row. I'm okay with hidden villains, I just don't get the sudden change.

Cesar R M

Exactly. I don't see why we needed to go from straight up villains, to having 4 hidden villains in a row. I'm okay with hidden villains, I just don't get the sudden change.
Probably because most movies that are popular have such style of "reveal".

I have the same fear with Deadpool.
Since its the first R rated movie that was so successful (because it was good, not because it was R). That Movie companies will start throwing R rated films that are total utter manure and then blame someone else for their mistake when they fail.

fractal

Just came back from seeing this with my daughter.

The first 10-15 minutes I'm thinking "Oh here we go, another "feel-good, let's all get along" movie about a world that can only exist in fairy tales. I was pleasantly surprised when the "real world" showed up.
I have to say, this is right up there with Wreck-It-Ralph for me.

Daughter also loved it.

Magenta Panther

Zootopia was excellent! Beautiful animation and endearing characters, and very touching in parts. When Judy started sobbing during her apology to Nick, I teared up a little too. Hurray for TDAS! Walt's legacy lives on there, if nowhere else in his poor beknighted company.

As for Zootopia taking over Splash Mountain...nah. Now if Judy and Nick were part of an Iger acquisition, I'd start worrying. :(

As for Nick and Judy as a couple, I'd be okay with it, and if they're just friends, that's okay too. Works either way.

Phroobar

Disney released a documentary on the making of Zootopia. It's pretty interesting to see what they go through to make a movie. They say they screened the movie five times for committee until arriving at the final product. Interesting how it evolved.

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
"If your story isn't working, then the most beautiful shots in the world, the most beautiful animation won't save that film." Byron Howard couldn't have put that more perfectly, now if only the fools that killed 2D animation at Disney would listen to him...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom