Zootopia Coming To Shanghai

Absimilliard

I sort of assumed a 2023 opening, but 2022 seems more likely now if there is active site work.

I forgot one thing: how will they integrate Seven Dwarves Mine Train in this? They will also need to finish the back side of that hill as the back is completely unthemed.

BrianLo

I forgot one thing: how will they integrate Seven Dwarves Mine Train in this? They will also need to finish the back side of that hill as the back is completely unthemed.

I imagine they’ll just plop an equally tall facade/store/facility behind it.

@britain posted this, which nicely demonstrates that. But sounds like maybe both a larger plot, shifted towards Pooh and perhaps dual entrances from Pooh and Pirates (I wonder if they are sparing the full Everest plot).

PymParty

If this is the location of the land, It is on the path of the parade route. Wouldn't it be weird to have the parade pass in a land that is supposed to be the city of Zootopia ?

Timothy_Q

If this is the location of the land, It is on the path of the parade route. Wouldn't it be weird to have the parade pass in a land that is supposed to be the city of Zootopia ?
It'll probably have 2 separate paths.

One that leads to Zootopia, and one that leads backstage for the parade

Tank Man

Can we let the Zootopia land at AK die already?
It probably will happen though, we probably are getting a Zootopia 2 and if it does well we might get a ride somewhere in WDW. There has been a rumor that MisterPenguin discussed that a possible log flume in AK is on the table featuring a IP that has not been used and Zootopia basically has not happened yet as the one in Shanghai is years off

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think they are testing the waters, they probably have plans for this in AK somewhere

There's a separate thread to discuss Zootopia at AK....

BrianLo

Question!

I literally have no idea what the layout of Disneyland Shanghai is. Where exactly is this going?

Indeed, the map from @britain I reposted shows SDMT. However he has its entrance from between 7DMT and Pirates. We definitely know there is an entrance from the other side based on work walls (between Pooh and 7DMT). Remains to be seen if it will be like a culdesac or a full little loop.

Tank Man

Indeed, the map from @britain I reposted shows SDMT. However he has its entrance from between 7DMT and Pirates. We definitely know there is an entrance from the other side based on work walls (between Pooh and 7DMT). Remains to be seen if it will be like a culdesac or a full little loop.
I think Zootopia would fit inside of Fantasyland as it does not fit in with any other genre

Robbiem

It probably will happen though, we probably are getting a Zootopia 2 and if it does well we might get a ride somewhere in WDW. There has been a rumor that MisterPenguin discussed that a possible log flume in AK is on the table featuring a IP that has not been used and Zootopia basically has not happened yet as the one in Shanghai is years off

A flume ride in AK would be great but it cries out to be themed to jungle book!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom