Zootopia Coming To Shanghai

NateD1226

There’s no reason not to have representation somewhere here in Florida.
Ok. I know the Zootopia fanbase is very strong and I don't want to get attacked but, it does not fit in Florida. Theme is they key point in my statement. Certain thing do not always go in certain places. Just because they are animals, doesn't meant that it fits in AK. AK has beautiful sight lines of trees, animals, nature, and so many NATURAL things. The Zootopia world is filled with skyscrapers and cars going around everywhere! I know they have a Jungle city but it still doesn't get the whole AK message in the land. The problem with your response is that representation in Florida needs to be put somewhere where it belongs! For example, you can't put a Marvel ride in Adventureland. That wouldn't make any sense. Does that make sense??

Yert3

Ok. I know the Zootopia fanbase is very strong and I don't want to get attacked but, it does not fit in Florida. Theme is they key point in my statement. Certain thing do not always go in certain places. Just because they are animals, doesn't meant that it fits in AK. AK has beautiful sight lines of trees, animals, nature, and so many NATURAL things. The Zootopia world is filled with skyscrapers and cars going around everywhere! I know they have a Jungle city but it still doesn't get the whole AK message in the land. The problem with your response is that representation in Florida needs to be put somewhere where it belongs! For example, you can't put a Marvel ride in Adventureland. That wouldn't make any sense. Does that make sense??
Does Star Wars fit in at Disneyland? Nope, but it’s going in anyway. At first, I hated that idea, but have come to accept it because it will probably be awesome.

NateD1226

Does Star Wars fit in at Disneyland? Nope, but it’s going in anyway. At first, I hated that idea, but have come to accept it because it will probably be awesome.
That's not the point. DL is full of lands based on SEPARATE IDEAS. Star Wars is made of up science and what the future might look like but thought a movie. Zootopia shows basically nothing important that relates to us humans. Talking animals will probably not even happen in the future!!! The movie is really good and I'm not hating, it is just that Zootopia fans think that it fits EVERYWHERE

Yert3

it is just that Zootopia fans think that it fits EVERYWHERE
That’s not true. We just want something, anything. We don’t even have merchandise. We just aren’t understanding why a movie that made so much money and won so many awards is being neglected the way it is. At first we thought it was the Gary Goldman lawsuit but that’s been over for a while now.

Timothy_Q

That's not the point. DL is full of lands based on SEPARATE IDEAS. Star Wars is made of up science and what the future might look like but thought a movie. Zootopia shows basically nothing important that relates to us humans. Talking animals will probably not even happen in the future!!! The movie is really good and I'm not hating, it is just that Zootopia fans think that it fits EVERYWHERE
Did you completely miss the message and metaphor of the movie or

NateD1226

That’s not true. We just want something, anything. We don’t even have merchandise. We just aren’t understanding why a movie that made so much money and won so many awards is being neglected the way it is. At first we thought it was the Gary Goldman lawsuit but that’s been over for a while now.
Let me focus your attention on this:

Anywhere, I don’t even care if it fits the theme of the park or not.

YOU literally said "Anywhere, I don’t even care if it fits the theme of the park or not." YOU said THAT!! Do I even have to explain myself anymore :rolleyes:

Yert3

Let me focus you attention on this:

YOU literally said "Anywhere, I don’t even care if it fits the theme of the park or not." YOU said THAT!! Do I even have to explain myself anymore :rolleyes:
Yes I did. There was a miscommunication apparently. Everywhere implies entirety (as in a Zootopia section at all four parks), I said anywhere. I would not be in favor of having a Zootopia section everywhere (what you said). But anywhere? Yes I would.

NateD1226

Yes I did. There was a miscommunication apparently. Everywhere implies entirety (as in a Zootopia section at all four parks), I said anywhere. I would not be in favor of having a Zootopia section everywhere (what you said). But anywhere? Yes I would.
From Google:

Synonyms for anywhere
  • anyplace.
  • all over.
  • everywhere.
  • in any place.
  • in whatever place.
  • wherever.

RandySavage

I feel that the only question about whether this land/attraction comes to DAK is if management decides the park should get major expansion $$ at all in the next 2-5 years. With current management, it will be Zootopia or nothing at DAK for some time. I'd prefer it not come to AK, but that's the way Chapek/Iger operate. It checks every one of their boxes: it's company IP; it's about animals, duh! (not in the AK sense, but Iger/Chapek would never see it that way); co-development with Shanghai (aka copy & paste), upcoming sequel (yet to be announced), kid-friendly, merch-friendly, etc.

Last edited:

NateD1226

Touché. But when I use the word everywhere in everyday communication, I imply plurality, not singularity. Again, a miscommunication.
We CLEARLY have different opinions. Hopefully that doesn’t ruin this thread haha. Hopefully we can put this war aside and make up. I don’t want Zootopia fans trolling me for the rest of my life 😂😂

Yert3

We CLEARLY have different opinions. Hopefully that doesn’t ruin this thread haha. Hopefully we can put this war aside and make up. I don’t want Zootopia fans trolling me for the rest of my life 😂😂
I didn’t mean to come across as trolling. I’ve been going to WDW for over 20 years and I’m not going to stop going, even if Zootopia never ever comes. I’m just explaining that, as a huge fan of the movie, that I feel like it’s getting intentionally disregarded in Florida and it’s frustrating.

NateD1226

I didn’t mean to come across as trolling. I’ve been going to WDW for over 20 years and I’m not going to stop going, even if Zootopia never ever comes. I’m just explaining that, as a huge fan of the movie, that I feel like it’s getting intentionally disregarded in Florida and it’s frustrating.
I know you weren’t trolling! It was just a general statement of what Zootopia fans could do 😂 Keep going to WDW and being fan of this movie! Whatever happens with this movie and Florida, hopefully it makes both sides happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom