Zootopia Coming March 2016

Sped2424

I was dreading this film but the promotional image has such life to it. I really dig the style and now I am pleasantly surprised. I hope the film continues that feeling for me.

FoozieBear

I wonder if they are going to attach the trailer to Inside Out in theaters. They didn't show any trailers at my screening last night, but I heard that the trailer might be dropping next week. Everyone should keep their eyes peeled.

Matt_Black

Mmm... I think it's a bit too soon for a trailer. This is coming in March, yes? They usually do the trailers about 4-5 months out, like June/ July for Frozen & Big Hero 6 (I believe the "teaser" for BH6 came in May). More likely, we'll see a trailer in front of The Good Dinosaur.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Maybe the teaser - oops thinking of the wrong film I think we will see the Good Dinosaur teaser not this yet.

Last edited:

Bairstow

What an odd trailer.
You would think that most people understand the concept of a funny animal by now.

steamboat-willie-mickey.jpg

FoozieBear

It's too early to judge the movie by something so short and so early, but that trailer was a lot of fun, and I love the animation. Looks like this movie will be fun, and with WDAS's recent string of successes, I'm excited.

What an odd trailer.
You would think that most people understand the concept of a funny animal by now.

steamboat-willie-mickey.jpg
Thing is, it's more explaining Zootopia's take on "funny animals". Most times when anthro is used in mainstream entertainment, the characters are mostly portrayed as human, using animal behavior pretty sparingly. Does Mickey act much like a mouse? Zootopia seems to be going full force with a society where the animals look more human, and are "civilized", but still act and think in many ways that are true to their species. This includes instincts, special adaptations, and stereotypes people have come up with for animals (foxes are sly tricksters, lions are regal and sophisticated, rhinos are gruff, and gnus are stupid). This is a world built by animals, not animals living in place of humans in the regular world.

Brer Panther

A recent tweet from Rich Moore implies that Alan Tudyk will be in this film. I'm glad to hear that, I like it when voice actors who were in previous Disney movies pop up in other ones (Sterling Holloway, for example) and I'm totally up for Alan Tudyk being the John Ratzenberg of Disney.

Matt_Black

A recent tweet from Rich Moore implies that Alan Tudyk will be in this film. I'm glad to hear that, I like it when voice actors who were in previous Disney movies pop up in other ones (Sterling Holloway, for example) and I'm totally up for Alan Tudyk being the John Ratzenberg of Disney.

If you enjoy the voice acting of Alan Tudyk, watch Star Versus the Forces of Evil on Disney XD; he has a recurring role.

Brer Panther

Do you know who ELSE I hope is in this movie? Jim Cummings. Seriously, they used him all the time in the 90s and then after Winnie the Pooh they ditched him in favor of celebrities.

Bairstow

Thing is, it's more explaining Zootopia's take on "funny animals". Most times when anthro is used in mainstream entertainment, the characters are mostly portrayed as human, using animal behavior pretty sparingly. Does Mickey act much like a mouse? Zootopia seems to be going full force with a society where the animals look more human, and are "civilized", but still act and think in many ways that are true to their species. This includes instincts, special adaptations, and stereotypes people have come up with for animals (foxes are sly tricksters, lions are regal and sophisticated, rhinos are gruff, and gnus are stupid). This is a world built by animals, not animals living in place of humans in the regular world.

I still don't think this is a new concept for anyone, and certainly does not bear explaining.

doctornick

Well, in Shark Tale the fish were just humans with fins...

Yes, and had some pretty strong "human" stereotypes. I don't expect Zootopia to be anything like that.

Personally, the Zootopia teaser has peaked my interest in the film. Reading the blurbs about the film previously didn't do much for me, but I think the teaser accomplished exactly what it needed to by illustrating the premise and why it's novel as well as hinting to the relationships in the film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom