Zenia Mucha to retire

World_Showcase_Lover007

All I know about her is from the book Disney War. Even the author admits that Zenia sat next to Eisner repeatedly telling him that cooperating with this book was a bad idea, that this kinda thing doesn’t ever work out well and that she should be in every meeting to protect him since he was the CEO.

Turns out she knew what she was talking about because from the time she was hired in the early 2000s, that’s when Eisner let everything go downhill…turns out Eisner was a paranoid, narcissistic freak….and the book shows him, well, as a paranoid narcissistic freak.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
All I know about her is from the book Disney War. Even the author admits that Zenia sat next to Eisner repeatedly telling him that cooperating with this book was a bad idea, that this kinda thing doesn’t ever work out well and that she should be in every meeting to protect him since he was the CEO.

Turns out she knew what she was talking about because from the time she was hired in the early 2000s, that’s when Eisner let everything go downhill…turns out Eisner was a paranoid, narcissistic freak….and the book shows him, well, as a paranoid narcissistic freak.
Respectfully…you’re upside down on this.

Eisner was there too long and needed to go…but candor on this issue was Not his fatal flaw.

Sonconato

Thank you so much, @WDW1974, for posting. I have truly missed your insight and knowledge. I have been trying to find some of your old posts where you had laid a timeline from when Bob Iger started to when Michael Eisner was pushed out but can't find it. I also keep thinking about you kept talking about how Bob Iger has a million dollar security and why. You have truly put some of the puzzle pieces together for me. Thank you.

Mindy55

The woman has been the de facto head of TWDC since early in her tenure when The Weatherman rose to power.

98.7% of Disney fans, bloggers and CMs still have no idea who she is or what she has done.

I'll gladly step in and take credit for educating most of the rest about her. I have had dealings with her. Most people who know who she is and the power she wields want to stay far off her radar. She strikes fear in the hearts of everyone from Disney execs to actors to Mommy Bloggers.

She is not a good or decent person. She has been Iger's fixer in the truest sense of that word.
She is everything but MAGICal.

But what you must realize is not one major decision of the company from 2005 on, from massive mergers to developing strategies for dealing with the Me Too movement, from turning beloved attractions into woke attractions to dealing with Communist Party officials in China, from deciding what talent's dirty laundry was acceptable and what talent needed to be severed, from dealing with bloggers who got too self-important and needed to be shown they have no power to crafting beautiful resignation letters for execs, Imagineers and talent, from deciding how to craft responses to things like a child being killed by an alligator that was fed by Guests and CMs to a mass murder that was intended for WDW, this vile woman's hands ... her fingerprints have been on it.

To this day, she is the most powerful person at Disney ... because she knows where so many skeletons are buried she has a catalogue (not far off, she has a book ... really!)

She is going because Iger finally is. And Chappie does not want someone loyal to another Emperor living in his castle.

That's my summer freebie. Can't wait for the new Hall of Presidents to open!!!

Now ... be happy I dropped by ... and go back to discussing how great WDW is today. It isn't.

Oh, and Loki is overrated, but at least not as bad as that unwatchable Baby Yoda Chronicles. YUCK!!!
I don’t know who you are but I admire you for how well crafted your post is! Thank you!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I assume they're talking about the Pulse nightclub shooting. The shooter went to Disney Springs first because that was the intended target, but they were scared off by the police presence.

Yep. A lot of people don't realize how close he came to actually doing it too. The guy had a gun hidden in a baby stroller before getting spooked by the cops.
It got very little attention/play…

almost like a “fixer” was involved??

…but yes - it was in the investigation and trial of the shooters girlfriend. She was charged with obstruction and being an accessory to the crime. But was acquitted.

brb1006

Either…but I meant the older

actually…I’d like both 👍🏻
1b5.gif

SpoiledBlueMilk

The woman has been the de facto head of TWDC since early in her tenure when The Weatherman rose to power.

98.7% of Disney fans, bloggers and CMs still have no idea who she is or what she has done.

I'll gladly step in and take credit for educating most of the rest about her. I have had dealings with her. Most people who know who she is and the power she wields want to stay far off her radar. She strikes fear in the hearts of everyone from Disney execs to actors to Mommy Bloggers.

She is not a good or decent person. She has been Iger's fixer in the truest sense of that word.
She is everything but MAGICal.

But what you must realize is not one major decision of the company from 2005 on, from massive mergers to developing strategies for dealing with the Me Too movement, from turning beloved attractions into woke attractions to dealing with Communist Party officials in China, from deciding what talent's dirty laundry was acceptable and what talent needed to be severed, from dealing with bloggers who got too self-important and needed to be shown they have no power to crafting beautiful resignation letters for execs, Imagineers and talent, from deciding how to craft responses to things like a child being killed by an alligator that was fed by Guests and CMs to a mass murder that was intended for WDW, this vile woman's hands ... her fingerprints have been on it.

To this day, she is the most powerful person at Disney ... because she knows where so many skeletons are buried she has a catalogue (not far off, she has a book ... really!)

She is going because Iger finally is. And Chappie does not want someone loyal to another Emperor living in his castle.

That's my summer freebie. Can't wait for the new Hall of Presidents to open!!!

Now ... be happy I dropped by ... and go back to discussing how great WDW is today. It isn't.

Oh, and Loki is overrated, but at least not as bad as that unwatchable Baby Yoda Chronicles. YUCK!!!
Sounds like a successful head of communications for one of the most valuable companies and brands in existence.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Right. Sounds like she's disliked most for doing her job the best.

Though I'll admit, she's someone I think we'd all hate to work for.
I agree with you…sounds like the prototype cooler/hatchet lady.

the problem with a place like Disney…which tries to lure the children in with candy…is that you shouldn’t let the cooler exert more influence than the minimum necessary

SpoiledBlueMilk

I agree with you…sounds like the prototype cooler/hatchet lady.

the problem with a place like Disney…which tries to lure the children in with candy…is that you shouldn’t let the cooler exert more influence than the minimum necessary
Business is business. The customer gets sunshine and rainbows but keeping the most valuable entertainment brand on the rails and protected requires a relentless focus on protecting the brand. Having worked in PR for corporate clients and Members of Congress, sharp elbows are required. Doing it for Disney and all it represents beyond the current share price - the history, the value of the brand, the billions of dollars it represents in revenue - that's on a whole different level. Not surprised Zenia started in political communications. It creates the right mindset for a post at a company like Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom