Zach Riddley promoted to Global Creative Strategy Executive

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I understand, but as a creative person who doesn't like being judged prior to a work being completed (unless I specifically request people's reaction in the middle of whatever I'm working on), I don't judge anything until a work is completed and I see it for myself.
Fair enough

Not gonna end well this go…methinks

AdventureHasAName

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

No Name

…that comment requires some “splaining’”

For sure
I’ll explain. For example, on a pride-related Instagram post of his, the first comment is “stop grooming kids”. There are multiple other similarly bad things written below it.

That hatred hasn’t been prevalent here, in part thanks to the moderators. But I’m not sure why there are so many defensive replies here to @Stupido ’s correct comment.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ll explain. For example, on a pride-related Instagram post of his, the first comment is “stop grooming kids”. There are multiple other similarly bad things written below it.

That hatred hasn’t been prevalent here, in part thanks to the moderators. But I’m not sure why there are so many defensive replies here to @Stupido ’s correct comment.
Yeah…but that kinda stuff is pretty standard for X…or whatever da hell it’s called now…

I just hope it isn’t some inference “it’s hard to be lgbtq and be Involved with Disney…”

I call great foul on that…
Very few - if any - companies have been more forward looking with that demographic than Disney…both as a place to work and for customers To go and enjoy.

Doesn’t mean it’s not an issue to still overcome…by a lot…
But loud/backward/dying and angry people who troll are to be paid no mind.

Just my opinion.

doctornick

I feel like a heathen or something but Im not sure I get the hate. The social media posts were weird but I actually appreciate putting out there some of the thought process for design processes - it just wasn’t as interesting stuff as we used to see from Rohde in the past. In terms of the direction for Epcot, I sense that was largely dictated from above in terms of less “boring ideas and edutainment” (eg it always feels like Cosmic Rewind was a more general Big Bang ride that had a GotG overlay forced on it). The table building was I thought Iger’s big push which forced the change for western Innoventions (and I like the idea of JoW but that’s me). Overall given the mandates, I think it’s a pretty decent redo including homages to the past and improvements to the “look” for the food and merch. My big complaint would be the loss of the fountain but at least there was plans for a replacement that seemed to later get cut.

I guess my point is I think the execution is solid and I’m not sure how much the “vision” stuff people don’t like was under his control.

Last edited:

No Name

I feel like a heathen or something but Im not sure I get the hate. The social media posts were weird but I actually appreciate putting out there some of the thought process for design processes - it just wasn’t as interesting stuff as we used to see from Rohde in the past. In terms of the direction for Epcot, I sense that was largely dictated from above in terms of less boring ideas and more edutainment (and it always feels like Cosmic Rewind was a Big Bang ride that had a GotG overlay forced on it). The table building was I thought Iger’s big push which forced the change for western Innoventions (and I like the idea of JoW but that’s me). Overall given the mandates, I think it’s a pretty decent redo including homages to the past and improvements to the “look” for the food and merch. My big complaint would be the loss of the fountain but at least there was plans for a replacement that seemed to later get cut.

I guess my point is I think the execution is solid and I’m not sure how much the “vision” stuff people don’t like was under his control.
Yeah, a lot of people are judging him heavily on a project that not only got publicly mothballed post-pandemic, but has all of the signs of something that went through the corporate wringer before even getting announced. While I don’t see anything particularly great in the whole redo, I certainly don’t know enough about what went on behind the scenes to make negative comments about him.

Congrats on the promotion.

Sir_Cliff

I feel like a heathen or something but Im not sure I get the hate. The social media posts were weird but I actually appreciate putting out there some of the thought process for design processes - it just wasn’t as interesting stuff as we used to see from Rohde in the past.
Yes, I felt mostly this way. The social media posts weren't earth-shattering, but I actually preferred getting those updates on smaller details to the no updates they offer now. My suspicion is that they thought he was a good way to reach fans who obsess over the small details of the parks, but found out that this crowd is actually the most likely to gather up the pitch forks if every announcement isn't a new e-ticket/Horizons rebuild. So, now they just stick to PR aimed at the more casual fans.

I don't feel I know enough about his creative work to comment on Zach's abilities beyond the highly-edited posts we saw on social media. I suspect, though, that neither does almost everybody posting all these snarky remarks about his incompetence or failing upwards. I think people forget they're talking about actual human beings sometimes and it's not like he murdered anyone (that we know of, anyway).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom