YUCK! AK is in a MESS!

MiceysBestPal

Original Poster
Yesterday we were going to see the Safari ride in AK but to get there we had to walk through the worst looking mess of a Disney park area I've ever seen.
There were wires dangling from rusty poles.
Paint missing on buildings.
The ground was stained from who knows what.
The restroom buildings were covered with old posters that people had tried to peel off.
What has happened to the clean-ups that Disney was famous for?
Budget cuts are ruining the place.
I heard there are less people coming to Disneyworld and I can see why.

We just decided not to even try the Safari.
If that's how Disney keeps its buildings we figured the Safari trucks should be a mess and break down out where the animals might hurt us.

We just watched the parade (good, BTW) and then left the park to try and eat somewhere better (Cracker Barrel, just down the freeway).

Tomorrow we are going to go back to AK and try the Everest mountain ride.
That area is NEW, at least so it should not have had time to become so run-down (I hope)!

spike595

You're kidding right?
AK is themed to look like you're actually in Africa and Asia. Africa and Asia aren't brand spanking new either. In my opinion AK is the best themed park period. I really hope you're just being sarcastic. It's hard to tell on here sometimes.

metscool

I hope you are joking.

It is not a mess. It is apart of the magic. Those posters that you saw they are there for the magic.

head mouse

If that's how Disney keeps its buildings we figured the Safari trucks should be a mess and break down out where the animals might hurt us.

:brick::brick::brick:

Cuz we all know Disney places it's guest in harms way every day.

NONE of the "harmful" animals can reach the ride vehicles.

I recomend watching one of several travel channel special about Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Yanks07

Yesterday we were going to see the Safari ride in AK but to get there we had to walk through the worst looking mess of a Disney park area I've ever seen.
There were wires dangling from rusty poles.
Paint missing on buildings.
The ground was stained from who knows what.
The restroom buildings were covered with old posters that people had tried to peel off.
What has happened to the clean-ups that Disney was famous for?
Budget cuts are ruining the place.
I heard there are less people coming to Disneyworld and I can see why.

We just watched the parade (good, BTW) and then left the park to try and eat somewhere better (Cracker Barrel, just down the freeway).

Tomorrow we are going to go back to AK and try the Everest mountain ride.
That area is NEW, at least so it should not have had time to become so run-down (I hope)!
Do you work for Busch Gardens? :eek:

poohbear6103

:lol: :lol: :lol:
This must be a joke! It just has to be. Especially the part about the ride vehicle and the animals hurting them :hammer:
I think you might be the only one here that would rather eat at Cracker Barrel than in one of the themed restaurants in the park!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I know exactly what the OP is talking about.

When I went on EE and the buildings looked horrible. Pick a color people don't' just pour red paint down the side. What is with all the fire wood on the roofs? The windows weren't straight, the roofs and the buildings were sagging and don't even get me started on all those tatters flags!

MGM is suffering to. TOT really needs a good cleaning. Why cant they fix all the cracks in the plaster maybe fix the fountain in the front and put some water in it? At least they finally put up the letters that fell of the sign in the lobby.

This travesty is even spreading to MK. Have any of you been on Haunted Mansion. For god sake buy a vacuum cleaner! There are cobwebs every where and did you see the size of those spiders. Did Disney fire the Orkin man or what? And how about fixing the bird bath it has been knocked over since the early 70's!

meryll83

Like I said, we're being played.

Sure got a big response in a short period of time though didn't it? Mission accomplished by Micey I'd say!

CoffeeJedi

The safari vehicles are unsafe! All the windows are gone!
And i went on that new roller coaster, which was nice enough i guess, but there some sort of wild animal in one of the tunnels! I didn't get a good look at it but it was some sort of large primate, must have gotten loose from one of the exhibits. Swooped down and nearly tore my head off!

meryll83

The safari vehicles are unsafe! All the windows are gone!
And i went on that new roller coaster, which was nice enough i guess, but there some sort of wild animal in one of the tunnels! I didn't get a good look at it but it was some sort of large primate, must have gotten loose from one of the exhibits. Swooped down and nearly tore my head off!

:lol: Now I know YOU'RE being sarcy! :lol:

Rogue71371

I cannot agree more!!!

WDW is going downhill FAST! I save money all year to take my family on a great vacation, and when we get to Port Orleans the beds are made out of STICKS! I mean seriously! Peices if Trees! I called the front desk and the huxster that answered the phone said it was part of a "Theme" and I could have asked to stay in a "Mansion" style room. Yeah Right!

I also read on another thread that a couple years ago Disney tricked people into buying the bricks to pave the front of the Magic Kingdom! Someone said they were like $110 a peice! I checked and they only cost $4 each at Home Depot!

I keep trying to talk my wife and 5 year old out of going in 58 days, but they just don't understand!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom