You've Got To Be Kidding Me

bwmicklejr

Original Poster
Just came home and realised I lost one of my memory cards. I had taken it out of the camera this morning and put it in my wallet and must have fallen out somewhere between AS Movies and MK. 600 pictures of DD's first trip. The only saving grace at this point is I used 2 cameras and still had one card full of pics. But MVMCP and older daughter's birthday gone. Fingers crossed someone turns it in.

G00fyDad

This happened to us in 2007. I felt sick to my stomach. I lost half of our photos from that trip. My card was left at a Walgreens. My wife took it in about halfway through the trip to get prints of the photos only to give up trying it herself at the kiosk and with no staff in the photo department to help her she just left. I asked her for the card once we got home and she told me that she couldn't find it. After a while she realized that she did not remember pulling it out of the machine.:(

However, I could not imagine losing pics of a child's first trip.

71dsp

Oh geez, I'm sorry to hear that!!! One thing my wife and I need to get better about is downloading the pictures from the camera & phone onto the laptop every night, so we at least have a backup of those pictures.

bwmicklejr

Original Poster
If there is a bright side, and admittedly it's dim, is that I used two cameras plus a video camera. So. I do still have quite a few pictures of her visit. And than God for photopass because that camera was used for all the character visits. But, I filed my lost report and am hoping against hope for a Good Samaritan.

coachwnh

In the Parks
No
Hope it turns up. Be sure to call lost and found. They'll get all of your info. If it turns up you'll get it!! Fingers crossed for you.

Jillie Fish

Hopefully someone turns it in! Luckily you had two cameras and the video camera. I know it stinks but you'll always have those photos at least.

Keurigirl

We were at Disneyland this past week, and the backpack I had our point & shoot camera in (as well as our 50mm Nikon lens) was stolen. :(

Like you I had photos on the camera that I won't be able to replace. So sad.

Frank Rizzo

We were at Disneyland this past week, and the backpack I had our point & shoot camera in (as well as our 50mm Nikon lens) was stolen. :(

Like you I had photos on the camera that I won't be able to replace. So sad.
I thought about this on the last trip when I saw so many possessions just being left in parked strollers. Who would steal at Disney? Like seriously. What a shame.

Keurigirl

I suspect in my case someone knew it was a camera backpack, knew it might have something worth money in it, and took it. We had other bags with us that were not bothered at all.

I think thieves have gotten smart - they know that most bags in strollers will be full of junk (snacks, change of clothes, diapers, sippy cups, etc) and they target things that look like they hold items that are worth money. I could kick myself as I know better, but we were at the Merida Meet & Greet when it happened, just steps away from our stroller, and there all of 8 minutes. Long enough to get something stolen, however. It still es me off and makes me sad an violated. When you're in you're happy Disney bubble it makes it even worse.

luv

Back in the day when we had film cameras, I lost my camera. I was more upset about losing the pics.

Frank Rizzo

I suspect in my case someone knew it was a camera backpack, knew it might have something worth money in it, and took it. We had other bags with us that were not bothered at all.

I think thieves have gotten smart - they know that most bags in strollers will be full of junk (snacks, change of clothes, diapers, sippy cups, etc) and they target things that look like they hold items that are worth money. I could kick myself as I know better, but we were at the Merida Meet & Greet when it happened, just steps away from our stroller, and there all of 8 minutes. Long enough to get something stolen, however. It still es me off and makes me sad an violated. When you're in you're happy Disney bubble it makes it even worse.
Yes in Disney I have the feeling that everyone else is just as happy as I am, trying to enjoy their magical vacation just like me, but there are troubled people everywhere I guess, even at the Happiest place on earth. :/

Clamman73

My parents lost a SD card...not fun...I have an extra card for my camera that I constantly misplace and go absolutely insane looking for.

This past trip to the World, I got my new Ipod Touch just in time to use. It's the 64gb so I could take all the pics and video I wanted and not worry about filling up SD cards. Also, if you want to print out pics at Walgreens, they have an app where you can choose the pics you want to print and send them via internet and pic them up later.

However, I would like a regular camera to take pics in low light settings...wouldn't mind an EOS 6D for Christmas!

Keurigirl

Back in the day when we had film cameras, I lost my camera. I was more upset about losing the pics.

Yes, this. I am much more upset about the lost pictures than I am about the camera or the lens. Those are replaceable. The photos from when we got picked to be the first family to open California Adventure? Those are not a replaceable memory. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom