You've Got To Be Kidding Me

G00fyDad

I wonder if the Eye-Fi card would be a battery hog? I know that if you leave the geotagging turned on in your phone or camera that it uses more juice. What about this card? Does it use your camera battery to do its job? If not then I am definitely getting one of these.

bwmicklejr

Original Poster
Latest update. I tell my parents who were along on the trip, about losing the card. My father, who brought his bags to airline check in directly after me, tells me he found a card at the bag check in and handed it to the woman working there. He told her someone is probably really upset that they lost thier pictures. I told him I am! Little did he know he was in the pics he turned in. Unfortunately lost and found was already closed, but the forecast looks much sunnier now. Keep your fingers crossed.

Laura

Premium Member
Latest update. I tell my parents who were along on the trip, about losing the card. My father, who brought his bags to airline check in directly after me, tells me he found a card at the bag check in and handed it to the woman working there. He told her someone is probably really upset that they lost thier pictures. I told him I am! Little did he know he was in the pics he turned in. Unfortunately lost and found was already closed, but the forecast looks much sunnier now. Keep your fingers crossed.

Wow, good luck!

I am terrified of losing pictures. I have always emptied my memory cards on a nightly basis. These days it's even better as I'm able to to throw them on the iPad each night, which then automatically puts them online.

bwmicklejr

Original Poster
After multiple calls and a CM at Lost & Found who went above and beyond, the card is in the mail. It was sitting at the hotel desk and no one remembered to check it in. Thank you for all your replies and advice. And especially to the CM who showed the kind of customer support, that after this trip, I had thought was a thing of the past.

Jillie Fish

What is Eye-Fi? The first memory card to automatically upload photos & videos using WiFi.

http://www.eye.fi/

oh wow! Thanks for the information. I've not heard of the eye-fi either. I definitely will look into this. I think this definitely worth while for my future-children. I have so many photos of my boyfriend and I at WDW I think I will survive without it for now.

Cassie S.

I am so glad I read to the end of this thread and saw that the card was found! So happy for you. Losing pics is devastating.

thomas998

I suspect in my case someone knew it was a camera backpack, knew it might have something worth money in it, and took it. We had other bags with us that were not bothered at all.

I think thieves have gotten smart - they know that most bags in strollers will be full of junk (snacks, change of clothes, diapers, sippy cups, etc) and they target things that look like they hold items that are worth money. I could kick myself as I know better, but we were at the Merida Meet & Greet when it happened, just steps away from our stroller, and there all of 8 minutes. Long enough to get something stolen, however. It still es me off and makes me sad an violated. When you're in you're happy Disney bubble it makes it even worse.

Just because you are at Disney doesn't mean everyone is there for the fun. Some are there to steal. If I were a crook and looking to get some fast cash I would be all over Disney, everytime I'm there I see countless strollers parked outside rides and some will clearly have valuable things left in them.... I'm sure someone that is set on stealing see this too and probably does it on a regular basis. I'm only surprised they didn't take the stroller too... I always thought if a thief wanted to they could simply stroll up, have their kid jump in the stroller they wanted and no one would ever think anything of it... especially when it is a stroller lot that is out of view of the people in the line.

87 GN

Glad you found your card.

I found a card Thursday night at HS near the Osbourne Lights and turned it into guest services. I would hate to loose a card with my family's pics on it that would be a bummer. I hope the family that lost there card that night got it back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom