You've got to be kidding me!

bobogator

Called the reservation line earlier today to try to get a moderate resort room for a planned three night trip in early Dec. The only room they have available for 12/7-12/10 is a Presidential Suite at the Boardwalk Inn resort (with concierge-level service). I snapped it up before anyone else could.

Anyone have $6400 I can borrow?

:)

Four million hotel rooms at that whole entire place, and the only room they can find is 2k/night? And this is supposedly one of their low attendance weeks.

Been to The World many many times (FL resident), and I have never had this much trouble getting a room. The website reservation system shows the same UNavailability. BTW, the rep I spoke to looked for FLRes rates first (no dice), then regular rates (one very expensive dice).

Anyone else have an experience like this?

Thanks!
Gary :brick:

Found Cinderella1976's thread (http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=101577) discussing the same subject. Perhaps the whole "historical attendance" concept is due for a review? :)

PS...Kidding about snapping up the Pres Suite. :)

banimall

The secret for that time of year is definitely out. Years ago you could go just about any week in December minus Christmas and it would be empty. Not anymore. I've noticed it crowded for at least the past 4 or 5 years. I know last year we didn't have restaurant reservations and ate hamburgers for 3 days it was that crowded. Before you could just walk in to almost any restaurant and have just a short wait. Guess we'll have to pick another holiday to exploit. When's Boxing day???

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

Seems a bit discouraging to me. :mad: We booked our October 29th, 2006 trip about 4 months ago thru liberty travel and had no problems getting a room at Port Orleans French Quarter. We just booked a Magical Gathering for Nov25th of 2007 thru Disney and are staying at Port Orleans Riverside. They seemed quite adamant that we book ASAP for the rooms were selling out quickly. Could that be???? :eek: That's 415 days away, sounds a little nutty don't you think.:veryconfu

Upvote 0
From what Ive been reading about the frist two weeks now being so busy I dont feel so bad that we had to move our trip back to 12/16 -12/21. Maybe everyones going early and that week before xmas wont be so crowde(fingers crossed).
And bobogator we will be at the MVMCP on the 18th too see you there :wave:

Upvote 0

Philo

I just tried those dates (7th - 10th Dec) and i could pretty much have my choice of rooms. Does Disney set aside some rooms for UK guests (I was going though disneyworld.co.uk) or was there just a massive last minute cancellation?

Has anyone noticed January getting busier over the last few years. I'll be there from the 6th Jan for 14 days and I was hoping that it would be quiet.

Upvote 0

moonfacedgirl

I found out that there's a cheerleading competition being held that weekend - that may be why availability is so thin. We didn't have any trouble for the 10th -16th, though.:xmas:

Upvote 0

Magic Maker

OK folks...just to clarify...I was kidding about reserving that 2k room. :)

We're only a 2.5h drive away (Jax), and we go down there a few times per year.

Gary

I just have to say this....

If you visit multiple times a year you should get info on Disney Vacation Club.

That's all I will leave it at that.

Upvote 0

awalkinthepark

There is also some huge meet of different internet sites during those 1st 2 weeks....RADP, wdwinfo, Passporter...etc etc. THe 1st week was always my vacation choice and we got spoiled by low crowds but now it seems everyone else figured it out too.

Upvote 0

LoriMistress

Okay, now I'm getting so nervous for next year, I'm going to change my plans to go to WDW at the beginning of November (around the same time for our last trip.) I hate waiting in lines, large group of kids and teenagers, and just people in general...November was pratically dead. November 2007...here we come!!!

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

I can confirm that availability is very limited for most travel dates Nov - Dec. with many weekends completely sold out at select Resorts. Note that this time of year is popular for both convention and sport groups and full resorts do not always mean full parks. Also, as other have stated the secret is out of the magic Disney brings to the holiday season.

For 2006, feel free to keep checking, rooms availabilty is constantly changing as Guest cancel / modify their dates.

For 2007, book early! You can currently book up to 499 days in advance for a room-only reservation!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom