Trip Report You've Got a Friend in Me

Hello friends!! Welcome & I'm happy to have you here for another TR!! This trip was filled with so much fun & friendship in so many different ways that when I think back on it I can't help but smile!! So many happy times & I look forward to sharing them with you all, my friends!!

WHEN: Tuesday, October 27th - Tuesday, November 3rd

WHO: Myself-Patti, JSR, E & J
IMG_8388.JPG

In case you forgot what we look like here's one minus masks!! :hilarious:
IMG_6081.JPEG

WHERE: Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villa
IMG_8473.jpeg

So, I had made mention in my last TR that we were booked to stay at The Polynesian this trip. About a month or so before the trip we got the email that the regular rooms(which we were booked in) were not going to be open then. They offered to move us to The Grand Floridian. None of us were really feeling it so we explored our options. E & I really enjoyed our stay at Saratoga Springs in August(I think a lot has to do with it having that Riverside "feel" to it) so we decided to go with a treehouse villa. A big plus ended up being that it cost us all waaaay less than what the Poly/GF was going to. I was disappointed but felt better after some friends, @Darstarr & @Tuvalu, told me I was probably better off waiting to experience the resort until the remodel was done anyways!!

I drove to their house & got there at 9:15. My sister wanted to leave for the airport no later than 9:30. Notice that there are 3 suitcases but 4 people?? Someone wasn't done packing & E was not happy!! The stroller went with us but it went unused most of the time so E decided that this was going to be the last trip for it.
IMG_7581.JPEG

The reason for the packing delay? J snuck outside & excitedly told me a secret. His dad was packing our friend, PCB!!🤣
IMG_7582.JPEG

Notice the scab on his face--the poor kid took a fall at school a few days before.

Remember E sending me this after our last trip? Well, we didn't have to get it!!
IMG_7524.JPEG

We got to the airport & unloaded the luggage. E went to park the car & we went to wait for her inside. It was then that J realized his mask was with his mom. I told him I had a bunch in my bag & for him to temporarily use one of them. It was a little big on him....
IMG_7583.JPEG

We checked in quickly & headed to the main terminal. J was happy to have his shark mask back!! One of our other sisters made that for him & he really likes it!!
IMG_7584.JPEG

The airport was a ghost town as it was in August.
IMG_7585.JPEG

J's favorite store was still closed😞
IMG_7586.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I’m not doing too bad thankfully. I started with horrible sinus issues last Saturday. I had a slight fever that evening for a few hours but it honestly felt no different than a bad sinus infection. It wasn’t until I lost my taste/smell about 3.5 days in that I knew it was probably more than just a sinus infection. George and Ryleigh both have it because everyone just thought it was a sinus infection. George has some very mild sinus issues and no taste/smell. Ryleigh is still acting like herself so 🤞🏻🙏🏻 that keeps up. And because I was around my inlaws for a few hours that Saturday because no one believed it was anything, my mother in law and sister in law both have it. My mother in law said it feels like a cold with a horrible headache and my sister in law has the extreme exhaustion. So they’re right when they say it’s super contagious but don’t believe when you read that it doesn’t usually affect your sinuses.
I'm glad it hasn't been too bad for any of you. A friend of mine was diagnosed the other day. His only symptom was a scratchy throat. I hope you all recover quickly!!
Great trip report so far. I've never really thought about staying at the tree houses, but your report makes them look very attractive. I may have to consider it in the future.
Thank you!! They are really nice & I'm glad we decided to stay there. It's pretty quiet in that section(aside from the scary buses coming through 🤣)
I did not see Stacey on the TV at all this past weekend.
Oh no!! She was on channel 73 when I was there. It is pretty much totally outdated though so I guess it was time.......
I hope you had a great trip!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

In looking at my notes I forgot to mention that E's band would not allow her to get into the room. Everyone else's worked but hers. Funny thing, on our last trip in August(we also stayed at Saratoga Springs then) it wouldn't let her in then either. For both of these trips the reservation was in her name & she couldn't get in!! She decided not to try to get it straightened out.

The Grandstand bus stop(which is the first stop of many) is the closest one to the treehouses so we walked there. It's not that far really--if I remember right it's probably a 5-7 minute walk.
IMG_7754.JPEG

I couldn't help but take these next few photos. I'm all for exercise/working out but I would have thought he could have found a more private spot. He was right near the bus stop & it was almost somewhat of a spectacle.
IMG_7755.JPEG

IMG_7756.JPEG

IMG_7757.JPEG

A MK bus pulled in right away. J was excited b/c the driver told us to sit in the back of the bus & we all know that's his favorite!!
IMG_7758.JPEG

It was 9:25 & we ended up being the only ones on the bus!! Yay for a private ride!! We had a dinner reservation for Tony's that we decided to switch to lunch so I did that on our ride there.
IMG_7759.JPEG

We arrived at 9:50 & the security lines were pretty much nonexistent!!
IMG_7761.JPEG

IMG_7762.JPEG

My favorite sight at MK!!
IMG_7763.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

We walked in & were greeted with this!!
IMG_7764.JPEG

They were quite entertaining!!
IMG_7765.JPEG

A few castle photos....
IMG_7767.JPEG

IMG_7768.JPEG

IMG_7769.JPEG

We asked J what attraction he wanted to go to first......
IMG_7770.JPEG

IMG_7771.JPEG

Still can't get the selfie down....
IMG_7773.JPEG

Space Mountain didn't have a long wait & JSR wanted to ride. We tried to talk J into it but he wasn't having it. It's probably a good thing he didn't go on. It was rougher than what I had remembered. E & J went to get Starbucks while we rode.
IMG_7774.JPEG

IMG_7882.JPG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

J was excited to ride the Mine Train again so we went there next.
IMG_7776.JPEG

He was a little nervous but ended up loving it again!!
IMG_7883.JPG

Ok, look at E's hair. Is that not hysterical?? Speaking of hair, I started wearing bands to help with the frizz. They did a good job--my mom made them a few years ago & I always have them in my suitcase so they came in handy!!
IMG_7884.JPG

We were curious as to what this long line was for. I asked someone who was in it & she said it was for HM passholder items. I asked how she heard about it & she said she gets emails. Why don't I??🤔
IMG_7777.JPEG

Pooh & friends were out in their Halloween attire.
IMG_7778.JPEG

Time for lunch!!
IMG_7779.JPEG

Still having to look at the menu from your phone....
IMG_7780.PNG

J looks super bored....
IMG_7781.JPEG

This popped up on my phone after we first sat down.
IMG_7782.PNG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

JSR got salmon for his lunch.
IMG_7783.JPEG

E got a pizza.
IMG_7784.JPEG

So did J. That kid loves olives!!
IMG_7785.JPEG

I went with the Scampi Pasta minus the mussels. It was ok but I probably wouldn't get it again. The noodles were very thick & heavy as was the broth it was in. It almost looks like a soup!! Again, it wasn't horrible but I would pass on it next time!
IMG_7786.JPEG

So, I wear a lanyard for work. I have a boring plain black one. I decide to buy some Disney ones. Big mistake. I bought a total of 6 of them throughout the trip. I wish I would have bought 0. I used one for 2 days. By the end of my second day at work it was frayed beyond belief. It was unbelievable. If I wasn't so lazy I would walk out to my car so I could take a pic of it for you to see how bad it is. But, we got our first snowfall yesterday & I really don't feel like going out there right now. Maybe when I warm up the car before work? We shall see.

I really wonder how these stay together for pin traders?
IMG_7787.JPEG

The crowds were really low this day.
IMG_7788.JPEG

We went to The Confectionery where J got that purple iced cookie.
IMG_7789.JPEG

I got him some jelly beans!!
IMG_7790.JPEG

We wandered the shops & I thought about buying this but didn't.
IMG_7791.JPEG

I always find this fascinating.
IMG_7792.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

We stopped to get Px3 pics(thanks @Darstarr). There were 2 of them together & it was totally strange. They kept moving us & wanting us to stand in different spots & this is what we ended up with.....
IMG_7795.JPG

IMG_7796.JPG

IMG_7798.JPG

IMG_7800.JPG

IMG_7801.JPG

Next up was one of E's favorites🤣
IMG_7793.JPEG

J wanted to sit with me.
IMG_7802.JPEG

J wanted to do the Tiki Room next. It had been awhile since we had done this so it was nice to revisit it!!
IMG_7803.JPEG

Still sitting on the ground....at least he's not crossing the line!!
IMG_7804.JPEG

IMG_7806.JPEG

Minnesota disney fan

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong?
I can't seem to get the pictures from your jpeg images. I tap on them and nothing shows?
Am I doing it all wrong? I'm not very tech savvy, LOL, so don't be afraid of embarrassing me:rolleyes:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm glad it hasn't been too bad for any of you. A friend of mine was diagnosed the other day. His only symptom was a scratchy throat. I hope you all recover quickly!!

Thank you!! They are really nice & I'm glad we decided to stay there. It's pretty quiet in that section(aside from the scary buses coming through 🤣)

Oh no!! She was on channel 73 when I was there. It is pretty much totally outdated though so I guess it was time.......
I hope you had a great trip!!

I remembered it being on channel 73 so I tuned into that right away. Then searched every channel, I couldn't find her. :(

DisneyGigi

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

JSR got salmon for his lunch.
View attachment 516732

E got a pizza.
View attachment 516733

So did J. That kid loves olives!!
View attachment 516734

I went with the Scampi Pasta minus the mussels. It was ok but I probably wouldn't get it again. The noodles were very thick & heavy as was the broth it was in. It almost looks like a soup!! Again, it wasn't horrible but I would pass on it next time!
View attachment 516735

So, I wear a lanyard for work. I have a boring plain black one. I decide to buy some Disney ones. Big mistake. I bought a total of 6 of them throughout the trip. I wish I would have bought 0. I used one for 2 days. By the end of my second day at work it was frayed beyond belief. It was unbelievable. If I wasn't so lazy I would walk out to my car so I could take a pic of it for you to see how bad it is. But, we got our first snowfall yesterday & I really don't feel like going out there right now. Maybe when I warm up the car before work? We shall see.

I really wonder how these stay together for pin traders?
View attachment 516736

The crowds were really low this day.
View attachment 516737

We went to The Confectionery where J got that purple iced cookie.
View attachment 516738

I got him some jelly beans!!
View attachment 516739

We wandered the shops & I thought about buying this but didn't.
View attachment 516740

I always find this fascinating.
View attachment 516741
J is a child after my own heart, with olives on his pizza! So hard to find any pizza place that puts both green and black on there. ❤️

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
It looks warped...so weird. Maybe the pins help hold it together better?? :rolleyes:
Gosh--something needs to!! I was very disappointed so I went back to my one I've been using(non-Disney) until....yesterday. A clip broke off of it & I about freaked. My key fell off & I panicked(I have a master key for work so imagine having to change all the locks b/c I lost my key😰).
I wonder if I'm doing something wrong?
I can't seem to get the pictures from your jpeg images. I tap on them and nothing shows?
Am I doing it all wrong? I'm not very tech savvy, LOL, so don't be afraid of embarrassing me:rolleyes:
Uh-oh...
Can you see them now? Sorry, I haven't been around much to answer/update here.
I'm not tech savvy either--I'm right there with you girl!!
$19 for this pizza??!
In all fairness:cautious: though, remember last trip when they brought her a second one b/c the waitress thought it looked too small?
I got to agree though, $19 is a bit much!!
$21!? It's got pepperoni on it! o_O
Now it's really getting bad.....
She ordered it 2 meals in a row though...she must like it!! 🤣 Also, thank goodness for TiW(for now)....
I remembered it being on channel 73 so I tuned into that right away. Then searched every channel, I couldn't find her. :(
Depressing, I say.....
I know it's totally outdated(in such a short amount of time) but there is still some comfort & fun watching such "a classic"!!
Random question. Just curious from looking at your pics. Is JSR really really tall, or are you and E really tiny?
Haha!! I love that!!
You're very observant my friend....
So, JSR is very tall(6' 4"). E is extremely tiny(4' 11"). Unfortunately, I'm only tiny in the height department(5' 2").
R also looks like a giant next to me(he's 6' 2"). J is definitely going to take after his dad when it comes to height!!
I am so late...5 pages later...but I am finally here!

200w.gif

It's a great TR so far and, as always, I can't wait to read more!
Thank you so much & I'm glad you're here!! I need to catch up myself with this!!
Did you try any others? I got a HM one in 2019 and wore it every day for weeks and it is still in perfect condition...maybe there was a flaw in this one that made it fray right away. Maybe see if a different one holds up better.
I haven't yet(b/c I was irritated with the first one) but after what happened yesterday with my one from Staples I think I'll give it a go!!
J is a child after my own heart, with olives on his pizza! So hard to find any pizza place that puts both green and black on there. ❤️
The kid LOVES olives!! On Thanksgiving one of my duties was to bring the olives & of course I forgot them🤦‍♀️I knew it would disappoint him more than anyone else. I went home & got a jar of green & black each. I got back to my sisters & E told him that I got the olives. His response, "No thanks. I've had enough turkey". He actually loved the turkey. He came back asking for seconds!!
YES!!!!!! Detective Stabler :inlove::inlove::inlove:
Oh yeah!!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom