Trip Report You've Got a Friend in Me

Hello friends!! Welcome & I'm happy to have you here for another TR!! This trip was filled with so much fun & friendship in so many different ways that when I think back on it I can't help but smile!! So many happy times & I look forward to sharing them with you all, my friends!!

WHEN: Tuesday, October 27th - Tuesday, November 3rd

WHO: Myself-Patti, JSR, E & J
IMG_8388.JPG

In case you forgot what we look like here's one minus masks!! :hilarious:
IMG_6081.JPEG

WHERE: Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villa
IMG_8473.jpeg

So, I had made mention in my last TR that we were booked to stay at The Polynesian this trip. About a month or so before the trip we got the email that the regular rooms(which we were booked in) were not going to be open then. They offered to move us to The Grand Floridian. None of us were really feeling it so we explored our options. E & I really enjoyed our stay at Saratoga Springs in August(I think a lot has to do with it having that Riverside "feel" to it) so we decided to go with a treehouse villa. A big plus ended up being that it cost us all waaaay less than what the Poly/GF was going to. I was disappointed but felt better after some friends, @Darstarr & @Tuvalu, told me I was probably better off waiting to experience the resort until the remodel was done anyways!!

I drove to their house & got there at 9:15. My sister wanted to leave for the airport no later than 9:30. Notice that there are 3 suitcases but 4 people?? Someone wasn't done packing & E was not happy!! The stroller went with us but it went unused most of the time so E decided that this was going to be the last trip for it.
IMG_7581.JPEG

The reason for the packing delay? J snuck outside & excitedly told me a secret. His dad was packing our friend, PCB!!🤣
IMG_7582.JPEG

Notice the scab on his face--the poor kid took a fall at school a few days before.

Remember E sending me this after our last trip? Well, we didn't have to get it!!
IMG_7524.JPEG

We got to the airport & unloaded the luggage. E went to park the car & we went to wait for her inside. It was then that J realized his mask was with his mom. I told him I had a bunch in my bag & for him to temporarily use one of them. It was a little big on him....
IMG_7583.JPEG

We checked in quickly & headed to the main terminal. J was happy to have his shark mask back!! One of our other sisters made that for him & he really likes it!!
IMG_7584.JPEG

The airport was a ghost town as it was in August.
IMG_7585.JPEG

J's favorite store was still closed😞
IMG_7586.JPEG

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
You go girl!!

Excited Jennifer Aniston GIF by Friends
I was picking up Chinese food and saw you began your TR. I had no cell service and I was rushing so I could win so no time for a gif. Sorry. I will make it up to you, then....
giphy.gif

Also, we normally order from Garden Grocer which we've never had an issue with. The only thing with them is that they are a bit pricey. Knowing my friend @ajrwdwgirl has ordered from instacart I reached out to her & got her advice & decided to give them a shot. The prices are much cheaper & I will definitely use them again in the future. Thanks Amy!!

The delivery person and the picker are different people I think. My oldest has friends who work summers on the ferry. Their hours were cut because, well, duh, covid, so they took jobs at the local grocery store as pickers. Everytime I think about ordering groceries I remind myself , “self, it could be Mike or Alex picking your produce.” 👎
Also, I order groceries everyweek to send to X at his house in Florida. (Then I teach him how to cook a new dish.) I was using instacart but found walmart to have way better prices and selection. Not sure if they deliver to the world but I will check next time.
Ok @Darstarr tell me if you agree with me or not on this one--aren't those big buses coming down these roads in the treehouse section just downright scary??
Haha. Yes. Yes they are. The trick is to have a drink...at all times!

KMP

In! I always love reading about your adventures.
I've stayed at Saratoga once but now am determined to stay in a treehouse!
We are heading down the week after Thanksgiving and were debating with grocery delivery to use, so thanks for the tips.
Your nephew J reminds me so much of my nephew J. They even kind of look alike!

J.jpg

slipperalwaysfits

Notice that there are 3 suitcases but 4 people?? Someone wasn't done packing & E was not happy!!
I AM FINALLY HERE!!!!!!! READY TO READ!! Poor J, so hard for a little guy to do all his own packing... :jawdrop:
The airport was a ghost town as it was in August
We fly down to WDW on Thursday (YAY) and I'm really curious as to what the airport will look like...

I think I was in the last boarding group. The plane was so empty!!
SWA is still not selling middle seats until Dec. 1 so I'm wondering how crowded our plane will actually be since it isn't a Fri-Sat....fingers crossed it isn't packed...
BTW--do any of you remember my pop incident with Lou Holtz a few years ago in the Orlando airport? This made me think of that
This College football fan LOVES that story! :jawdrop:
E went to get Starbucks while we went to collect the luggage. I was good on Starbucks--I had been there twice that morning before I even got to her house!!
Can you take Starbucks on MDE and drink it? Otherwise, how did she drink it so fast? I am a Starbucks nut but want to have plenty of time to enjoy my $6 latte...
Bell services offered to take us to our treehouse. It's hard to tell from these pictures but let me tell you it was absolutely pouring when we arrived & it continued all the way to our treehouse.
Okay, so my MIL was complaining about rain in Disney and I was kinda grumpy to her and said "Bring waterproof shoes and a rain jacket and you'll be fine..." yet she kept going on....That's because one day in Epcot in 2014, it rained so hard that the walkways to the park were at least 4 inches high with water and she was very anti-rain. But we LOVE it when it rains, we are prepared and the parks clear out! I guess it depends on the park because it's harder in other parks to be in a bit of a downpour than Epcot in terms of indoor options...

Minnesota disney fan

Oh darn! 😧 I was hoping I would be #4!!! But at least I'm on the Second Page! Win!
The tree house looks great. We always checked them out when we were on the boats from POR and POFQ. Can't wait to hear more about them and how transportation works.
You are more patient than me (or nicer, LOL). If someone is kicking my seat, I always turn around and look at them. I must look scary because they always quit :devilish:. Also with the loud devices. My patience is getting worse as I get older 😂. Wow, my very first GIF! I can join the club now:)
Jean Yoon Reaction GIF by Kim's Convenience

lindawdw

YAY!!! So happy to see that you started your TR.
excited will ferrell GIF
J's shark mask is so cute!!! Sorry you had a kicker behind you on the plane, it's something I normally have to deal with too. I usually turn around with the death stare but during these COVID days it's not something I'd probably do. They definitely should have insisted that she put her earbuds in to use the video device. :rolleyes: It's just so exciting when you're approaching your resort for the first time! Loved seeing your pictures of the Treehouse Villas which is one resort that I haven't gotten the chance to stay at yet! Did you have a view of the water at all?

Last edited:

riverside

Original Poster
What a nice surprise to see you TR started today! I would’ve commented earlier but @Darstarr beat me to it, and @Tuvalu took my 💩 spot! I’ve always wanted to stay at the treehouses. Many many moons ago when I was a wee lad we stayed at POR(and before that Dixie Landings!) and I always admired the treehouses from the boats!
Thanks & that's too funny!!
Ohhhh--POR--I miss it there so darn much but Saratoga Springs is gaining as a close second in my book! Funny you say that b/c when I told R we were staying there he said the same thing!! Every time we would take the boat to DS he would comment on those treehouses. Part of me felt bad for staying there without him.
Here too! Love the treehouse pics.
Thank you!! I have a lot more of them to come!!
I'm so happy to see your trip report! And I love J's pose. I call this pose my Adventure pose, so all the cool kids are doing this pose! ;) I'm glad Instacart worked out for you, even those Maria's English skills might not have been the best for you. I think a Maria was the name of our shopper too, might not have been the same one though.
Thank you!! I'll remember that & have to start posing that way myself!! She was very nice(from what I could understand) & it all worked out in the end. It was definitely cheaper than Garden Grocer & I do plan on continuing to use them. Thanks again for the info!!
I'm here and excited to see how it all went for you!
Yay, Yay!! This will be more involved than the "previews" you got!! 🤣
I don't know what number I am but...
I'm not sure either but regardless I'm glad you're here!!
I was picking up Chinese food and saw you began your TR. I had no cell service and I was rushing so I could win so no time for a gif. Sorry. I will make it up to you, then....
giphy.gif
🤣🤣🤣
The delivery person and the picker are different people I think. My oldest has friends who work summers on the ferry. Their hours were cut because, well, duh, covid, so they took jobs at the local grocery store as pickers. Everytime I think about ordering groceries I remind myself , “self, it could be Mike or Alex picking your produce.” 👎
Also, I order groceries everyweek to send to X at his house in Florida. (Then I teach him how to cook a new dish.) I was using instacart but found walmart to have way better prices and selection. Not sure if they deliver to the world but I will check next time.
That story about your sons friends cracks me up!!
Does you son have better success than me with the cooking?:hilarious:
Haha. Yes. Yes they are. The trick is to have a drink...at all times!
Love it!! That's probably the only thing that would calm the anxiety I felt when those buses came through--esp. when it was dark.
Jeez. I go to bed really early for once and it’s already page 2?

82423D29-3CEA-4EA0-ADDA-24ACAC34BD82.gif
I'm just getting started!! Welcome!!
In! I always love reading about your adventures.
I've stayed at Saratoga once but now am determined to stay in a treehouse!
We are heading down the week after Thanksgiving and were debating with grocery delivery to use, so thanks for the tips.
Your nephew J reminds me so much of my nephew J. They even kind of look alike!

J.jpg
Thank you & I hope you have a great trip!!
The treehouse was really nice. I'm glad we decided to stay there!!
OMG--he does!! Esp in regards to the hairstyle & the smile!! He's so cute!! He looks to be around J's age. Is he?
Here! Page 2 already huh? I've got some catching up to do!!!
I'm the one who needs to catch up!! Glad you're here!!
I AM FINALLY HERE!!!!!!! READY TO READ!! Poor J, so hard for a little guy to do all his own packing... :jawdrop:
Glad you're here!! He was already packed(courtesy of his mother). It was JSR that hadn't finished his!!
We fly down to WDW on Thursday (YAY) and I'm really curious as to what the airport will look like...
Yay!! Thursday will be here before you know it!!
SWA is still not selling middle seats until Dec. 1 so I'm wondering how crowded our plane will actually be since it isn't a Fri-Sat....fingers crossed it isn't packed...
None of the flights I was on(this trip & August)were crowded in the least so I'm sure it will be the same for you🤞
This College football fan LOVES that story! :jawdrop:
🤣🤣🤣
Can you take Starbucks on MDE and drink it? Otherwise, how did she drink it so fast? I am a Starbucks nut but want to have plenty of time to enjoy my $6 latte...
She did take it on there. I guess it's no different than being in the parks. As long as you're stationary & actively drinking....
Okay, so my MIL was complaining about rain in Disney and I was kinda grumpy to her and said "Bring waterproof shoes and a rain jacket and you'll be fine..." yet she kept going on....That's because one day in Epcot in 2014, it rained so hard that the walkways to the park were at least 4 inches high with water and she was very anti-rain. But we LOVE it when it rains, we are prepared and the parks clear out! I guess it depends on the park because it's harder in other parks to be in a bit of a downpour than Epcot in terms of indoor options...
Over the years I've been in the parks for some soakers but I don't mind it either. The park normally does clear out which is nice!!
I'm late to the party, but finally here! So glad you started this TR and I can't wait to hear all about this trip! The treehouse looks awesome! I really need to stay in one at some point!
Thank you & I'm glad you're here!! It really was nice!! That would probably be perfect for your family since your kids are getting older. Having the extra space would be nice!!
Oh darn! 😧 I was hoping I would be #4!!! But at least I'm on the Second Page! Win!
The tree house looks great. We always checked them out when we were on the boats from POR and POFQ. Can't wait to hear more about them and how transportation works.
You are more patient than me (or nicer, LOL). If someone is kicking my seat, I always turn around and look at them. I must look scary because they always quit :devilish:. Also with the loud devices. My patience is getting worse as I get older 😂. Wow, my very first GIF! I can join the club now:)
Jean Yoon Reaction GIF by Kim's Convenience's Convenience
It's all good--glad you're here!!
I always wondered about them myself when we would go by them!! Unfortunately, there was no boat transportation to DS(covid cutbacks) but otherwise all the bus transportation was normal--most days. We had one frustrating issue but it didn't happen until Day 6.
I'm afraid to say something when someone's kid is involved. Mom could have came after me!! Or worse yet, Dad could have found a way to ban me from future Southwest flights!!🤣🤣🤣
Yay for your first GIF!!👏
I am here! So glad you have started. Sorry for the poor mannered family on the plane. Love J's mask!! Looking forward to hearing about your trip.
Thank you & glad you're here!! Our sister made him a Dinosaur one also that he saved for our AK day!!
Let's get this thing moving!!

Jk!! Take your time.... But not too much...
Gotcha!!😊
I had planned on doing some yesterday morning bc I (thought) I was the late shift manager. My boss texted me at 7:30 & asked me if I was on my way. I told him no b/c I was the late shift. He screwed something up in the computer scheduling & it said I was late when actually I was supposed to be early!! Not my fault but it put me in a bad mood regardless!! Needless to say I didn't have time to update this yesterday morning!!
Walking through the turnstile!

Garden Grocer is a bit salty. Will have to try instacart next time.
Glad you're here!!
It's definitely much more reasonable!!
YAY!!! So happy to see that you started your TR.
excited will ferrell GIF
J's shark mask is so cute!!! Sorry you had a kicker behind you on the plane, it's something I normally have to deal with too. I usually turn around with the death stare but during these COVID days it's not something I'd probably do. They definitely should have insisted that she put her earbuds in to use the video device. :rolleyes: It's just so exciting when you're approaching your resort for the first time! Love seeing your pictures of the Treehouse Villas which one resort that I haven't gotten the chance to stay at yet! Did you have a view of the water at all?
Thanks & glad you're here!! It is a cute mask. He really likes it!! I can't believe both parents allowed their kids to get away with what they did😬 Yes it is exciting--esp. when staying somewhere new!! Yes, when I looked out my bedroom window the Sassagoula was right there!!
Is there a minimum with instacart? I think with gargen grocer, we had to spend a minimum of $45. I bought more water than we really needed.
I don't think there is a minimum & it looked like the delivery fee was $3.99. Since it was our first time ordering the delivery fee was waived.

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27TH

This is one of the bathrooms. The only downside IMO is that there is only one sink.
IMG_7651.JPEG

IMG_7652.JPEG

J was so excited to sleep on the top bunk of the beds. Sadly this was the only time he was in it. His parents reiterated to him that he couldn't climb up & down on his own so he ended up becoming afraid of it!! Truthfully, the shape of the "steps" didn't look all that safe to me & they made me a bit nervous also. I felt bad though b/c that was something he was really looking forward to.
IMG_7653.JPEG

See how rounded the "steps" are?

This was the front closet when you first walked in. Oh, speaking of when we first walked in--our door was not closed🤦‍♀️
IMG_7654.JPEG

While unpacking JSR decided to do the reveal for E & put a centerpiece on the table!!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
IMG_7655.JPEG

Let's just say that she wasn't thrilled.
IMG_7657.JPEG

I didn't get it on video but if you think back to when we did this back in January & did get it on video it was pretty much the same!!
IMG_7658.JPEG

A couple more kitchen pictures.
IMG_7659.JPEG

IMG_7660.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27TH

Continuing on our tour.....

This is the 3rd bedroom which I ended up staying in.
IMG_7661.JPEG

IMG_7662.JPEG

The view out my window!!🥰
IMG_7663.JPEG

The bathroom was right off the bedroom. It was very spacious.
IMG_7664.JPEG

Can't comment on the tub--I never used it.
IMG_7665.JPEG

IMG_7666.JPEG

Only one sink in here also. I really liked the faucet though!!
IMG_7667.JPEG

I was excited to have a magnifying mirror!!
IMG_7668.JPEG

Perfect view from the deck!!
IMG_7670.JPEG

I do regret not being able to spend more time out there to enjoy it though.
IMG_7671.JPEG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom