You're running a campaign for VP of WDW

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
If it was an election, and you're running for VP of WDW...what platform would you run on?

List up to 10 things you would offer to change :king:

Mukta

Vote for me. I promise to:
1. Improve the Imagination pavillion. Redo JII and add a new attraction that ties in imagination. Reopen the second floor!
2. Add a new pavillion to FW in EPCOT where WoL was.
3. Add some more exotic/interesting cuisine to all restaurants. Enough with the chicken fingers!
4. Increase maintenance staff to keep the parks looking their best
5. Implement a new dispatch system for Disney Transportation.
6. Demolish the Backlot Tour in DHS and add a new ride.
7. Add misters and cool down locations in AK
8. Put the 'Tomorrow' back in Tomorrowland
9. Lower prices of tickets, hotels and food!
10. Demolish the cheesy carnival stuff in AK and expand the dinosaur theme and idea.

SeaBase86

New here

My first post yay. Ok here's my list.

1. Bring back production to the studios by expanding past the world drive toll plaza and create a new backlot there.
2. Knock down the current backlot and create an Incredibles ride there. You know something like Spider Man at Uni.
3. Put an Austrailia section behind Kali River Rapids.
4. Put Finding Nemo in the new section. Put a new show where the old Nemo use to be called Walking With The Giants. A show using large scale animatronics and puppetry.
5. Put a thrill ride in the Imagination Pavilion called Imagination Escape. In an Emv vehicle along with Figment you'll go through some scary and happy places of your imagination.
6. Open up the old Imageworks.
7. Rethheme the Seas. Bring back the reserach theme but with a Nemo twist. Your job is to help the scientist at the base find this clown fish. Yes that's where the Nemo ride comes in. Then keep Seabase the same and the second set of Hydralators that brings you back to the surface.
8. Bring Switzerand to WS along with the Mattehorn.
9. Bring Beastly Kingdomme to Animal Kingdom
10. Put a Night on Bald Mountain roller coaster in Fantasyland

What do you all think?

MarkTwain

My platform would be that by spending a little more money and spending it efficiently, enough people will be won over that it can make a quick return and improve the long-term health of the resort. That one guy always used to say something like "Quality will out"... that can be my campaign slogan. :)

That said, these would be my key points:

1. Tear down the hat. Make the Chinese theater the DHS icon, and promote it as such in all the resort merchandise. The hat is the ugliest zit on the nose of WDW, and no amount of dressing up elsewhere will be able to distract from it until it's dealt with.
2. Focus Epcot on its original themes of futurism, the potential of mankind, and the oneness of humanity. This would be prevalent in any and all new attractions and additions to the park. As such, the park would be renamed EPCOT Center, the pavilion logos would be redesigned and reintroduced, the main logo would be redesigned, etc.
3. Greenlight the proposal to redo the Imagination pavilion. Because I know WDI has one. And if they have more than one, than I would greenlight the one that features a Hunny Hunt-style whimsical trackless ride through the imaginations of Figment and Dreamfinder. The original upstairs ImageWorks would be upgraded and reopened, with the downstairs used for more attraction space. Keep the existing facade; it's quite nice.
4. Tear down Leave a Legacy. The tiles, if they must be kept, could be located to a small indoor pavilion built to the side of the entry plaza. The entry plaza would then be redesigned to include plants, water features, clear trafficways, and a grand, unobstructed view of Spaceship Earth.
5. Greenlight and fasttrack a plan to finish Animal Kingdom. Let Imagineering go nuts here. Perhaps something featuring animals from mythology, or a new continent in the place of Camp Minnie-Mickey. Make an elaborate Dinosaur-based family ride to replace Dino-rama, so one of the most majestic parks WDI has ever created doesn't have to rely on a carnival to fill out a guest's day. And find some sort of nighttime entertainment - a parade, a fountain show, anything. Just build it fast. Harry Potter isn't waiting.
6. Refurbish the following attractions: Expedition Everest (get all the effects working fully, including the yeti - no matter how long it takes), Peter Pan's Flight (clean it up, improved show effects), Fantasmic (new dragon, replace Pocahontas scene, etc.), Great Movie Ride (upgrade AAs, maybe some new movies), Carousel of Progress (upgraded AAs, new final scene), Enchanted Tiki Room (as the ride would be known as post-refurb), and the Country Bear Jamboree (because if the sound of an AA's eyelids blinking is drowning out his own speech, it's time for a refurbishment)
7. Reopen the shuttered or "seasonal" restaurants in the MK. Those including Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station, Golden Horseshoe Revue, Pirata y Perico, and the Adventureland Verandah. No guests should have to be exposed to the depressing reality of a shuttered building while in the Magic Kingdom, especially when that same guest has to wait half an hour in line to get food elsewhere.
8. Take over Downtown Disney. I know that TDO wasn't expecting the economy to crash shortly after closing down Pleasure Island, but that's the reality of what happened. And it isn't going to recover nearly as quickly as they've apparently been hoping. Time for Disney to swallow some pride and take over Downtown Disney on it's own, without waiting and begging for outside retailers to come in. Open up new restaurants, start up some interesting store concepts, create magical experiences, maybe open up that Adventurer's Club. I'm sure Imagineering has some ideas, and it won't need to outsource for the help.
9. Rethink the resort merchandise. Disney has improved with this a lot, but if fans are having to go to online entrepeneurs to get the Disney merchandise they're looking for, then there's still an opportunity Disney's missing out on. Any guest should always be able to find the merchandise they're looking for, whether it's a tshirt with an obscure attraction phrase, to a mug with their favorite hotel name on it, to a Mickey Mouse backpack. Don't just pick one type of guest and sell only just for them.
10. Look seriously into the resort transportation issue. I'm not saying this will be an easy issue to fix, nor am I proposing a vast monorail expansion to every park and hotel. But I am saying that a massive fleet of 8-miles-to-the-gallon city buses clogging up the roads is not a sustainable solution to the future of WDW transportation. Maybe the answer is monorails, maybe it's light-rail, maybe it's personal rapid transit, maybe it's something the likes of which mankind has never seen and exists only on a desk somewhere in WDI. But the first step is to start looking for a solution.

Well, that'll do for now. It'd certainly be a good start. :wave:

Mr Bill

1. Refurb the Tiki Room to something that isn't an insult to the original.
2. Bring production back to the Studios in some form. Universal's still got production going, why can't Disney?
3. Encourage Imagineers to take risks and try new ideas.
4. Expansion of current pavilions in the World Showcase to include more attractions.
5. Restoration of Wonders of Life. At a time when the country has an obesity epidemic, especially among children, I believe a pavilion promoting the benefits of living a healthy life is essential to Epcot.
6. Encourage all departments within the resort to be leaders in their field from marketing to accounting. Every aspect of the resort should be the benchmark that other companies compare themselves to.
7. Bring new attractions to Tomorrowland that that are more in line with a Jules Verne future-that-never-was than Fantasyland East.
8. Get rid of the giant hat at the Studios.
9. Refurb the Backlot Tour into something more than an excuse to go through Catastrophe Canyon.
10. Place less focus on tying in attractions to existing Disney IP, giving Imagineers more creative freedom.

BrerFrog

No one campaigns for Vice President.

Still, can't we have a little bit of fun?!

1- Expand Adventureland with Fire Mountain and Indy. (I would just hope both would fit)

2- Tear down CMM, put FotLK at Africa and build BK.

3- Complete overhaul of FL dark rides (SWSA, PPF, Pooh) to put them on par with Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Monsters Ride and Go Seek.

4- Bring WoL back.

5- Bring the Imagination Pavillion to its former glory.

6- Remove the Backlot Tour, along with LMA, and use that land for a PP expansion.

7- Kick MILF out of TL. Stitch can stay, but his ride needs to be redone.

8- Add a couple of countries do WS.

9- Replace Fantasmic! with World of Color.

10- Live somewhere on Main Street USA. I could settle for a bed inside the Emporium. :D

TinkerBelle8878

1. Redo the Imagination Pavillion. Bring back Dreamfinder and many aspects of the beloved old ride. Reopen the upstairs and bring a new movie, not EO, to the theater.

2. Fix the Bus System

3. Get rid of fast pass for TSM. This causes far more problems than it solves on this ride.

4. Do away with the nickel and diming ticketing and go back to it all being included. No more paying extra for no expiration and park hopping.

5. Upgrading the food choices and quality once more. If the Dining plan is to blame, then there should be 'signature' entrees and all for these people who choose it. Ones that are of lesser quality than those who aren't in the plan. Then they get what they are paying for and the rest of us aren't suffering.

6. A return to resort, park, and attraction specific merchandise. No more of the exact same things in every store in every hotel and park.

7. A stoppage of the expansion of the DVC to 'heritage' resorts like the Contemporary and Polynesian. It makes me ill to think that the DVC might be spread to the Poly. Why not make a Carribean Beach DVC? Or a Port Orleans? Any of the moderates that already have the space? Eventually Disney will be left with a glut of DVCs that it can't sell. Then they'll just be eyesores like at Contemporary and Yacht and Beach Club.

8. Bring back a ride similar to the World of Motion to Epcot. Something to show the history of Transportation to parallel the 'how it works and is made' of Test Track.

9. Do something with Wonders of Life. Ideally I'd love a Horizon's type of ride or any Omnimover really.

10. Bring back the Kitchen Kabaret to promote healthy eating and diet.

11. Fix the mess that is Stitch in TL. Maybe some kind of Meet the Robinsons inventors expo show.

12. Beastly Kingdom

13. Another dark ride, in addition to Little Mermaid for the Fantasyland Expansion. Perhaps a Beauty and the Beast ride or something from Mary Poppins, classics that are underrepresented.

I know some of these won't be popular with everyone, like the DVC and removing Fast Pass from TSM but for the bigger picture they are necessary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom