You're not a 'Disney World Veteran' until you've done the following...........

tpoly88

Seeing happy faces when you give a family your unused Fastpasses to another family when you are leaving the park and can't use them.
ive done this a couple times kids go nuts, makes you smile. ive also taken a rest on Uni of energy, france, the land, CoP, sky ride and hall of presidents. did HS, F&W and MNSS at MK in one day. then the fun began on the bus home, kid had diarrhea that went all over the seat and his poor mom, 2 other kids watching threw up as they got sick watching this and too much candy, was hard to keep it together on the rest of ride back to Swan and can tell you that was the last time we took the bus.

mergatroid

Original Poster
ive done this a couple times kids go nuts, makes you smile. ive also taken a rest on Uni of energy, france, the land, CoP, sky ride and hall of presidents. did HS, F&W and MNSS at MK in one day. then the fun began on the bus home, kid had diarrhea that went all over the seat and his poor mom, 2 other kids watching threw up as they got sick watching this and too much candy, was hard to keep it together on the rest of ride back to Swan and can tell you that was the last time we took the bus.
Add the Florida heat to all that and what a splendid end to the day that must have been :D

Raineman

Add the Florida heat to all that and what a splendid end to the day that must have been :D
The worst I've had to deal with is standing on a hot, crowded bus while having my personal space in some private areas violated and the soles of my feet feeling like someone was driving nails into them. I guess I should consider myself lucky. :D

NickMaio

One can always go to the Disney store for their Disney fix at the local major mall but a number of locations have closed and cast have been laid off.
All of the Disney stores in Canada were closed.......we are really missing our mini fix.

It's all bonkers now.
Planning a trip May 2022.
Counting the sleeps already🤪

OG Runner

Okay I have one. Back in 2004 I got separated from my wife and eldest son, watching Illuminations.
I waiting in one spot hoping to find them when the show was over. I did not see them and started
to head out toward China on the way out, with my youngest on my shoulders. However the bridge
was up, and we needed to go back the other way and walk to the front of the park, where we met
up with our party.

Beacon Joe

No, not at all.
Really we love them.
Sometimes we sing along.
My sister lived in Venezuela for 4 years. We visited her a lot. Amazing people and culture. They know how to have a GREAT time.

They remind me of watching a few Papal addresses. The chanting in St. Peter's Square came from the general vicinity of the Brazilian flags waving in the crowd there, too. :D

DisneyMusician2

I don't know about Disney veteran, but I felt like I'd hit a new level after I did a 4 park hop in the same day....it was like doing a Spartan Run with Mickey Ears and little kid obstacles

dewardevi

Visited WDW once a week over four years (2000-2004). Three out of every four visits were to Epcot. Was on first-name basis with ladies in coffee shop. They generally had my “usual” ready by the time I got to the counter.
Collected ceramic mugs from the parks and resorts. I have more than 100.

OG Runner

It was indeed, if nothing else, an easier and very low stress time. 🙂

I agree it seemed to be a time of less stress, but why? I really like Flight of Passage, it is a great ride.
When it first opened, I waited in line over two hours to ride. That is the longest I have ever waited for
a ride. I was determined I was not going to do it again and ever since got a Fast Pass. With the rides
coming up, like Guardians, I would rather pay for a Fast Pass than wait in line for several hours.

FettFan

Done more than 12 hours in a park on the same day.
Eaten a meal leaning on the top of a trash can on a busy Summer's day.
Had a stranger get far too close to you whilst watching a parade or the fireworks (sometimes good, depending on their gender and looks).
Have a meal in the park and not finish your beverage. 10 mins after leaving and being in the sun, regretting not finishing that ice cold beverage.
Had a nap in Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents or on the people mover.
Tried a dole whip (I don't like them I discovered after trying one, but I tried).
Been soaked down to your underwear after being caught in a tropical storm.

Any more?

Just to clarify, it's just a bit of fun. You can be a veteran and not do all of the above, but you probably can identify with many of them.

If you’re over the age of 35 and you’ve never had an existential crisis after watching Magic Journeys, you cannot call yourself a true Disney Veteran.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I agree it seemed to be a time of less stress, but why? I really like Flight of Passage, it is a great ride.
When it first opened, I waited in line over two hours to ride. That is the longest I have ever waited for
a ride. I was determined I was not going to do it again and ever since got a Fast Pass. With the rides
coming up, like Guardians, I would rather pay for a Fast Pass than wait in line for several hours.
Every new ride has some awful wait times. That and other pressures cause new attractions to have long lines. Toy Story Mania was that way as well when it was new. I don't have any problem with it being a paid thing. I also think I remember seeing people saying that Uni was in the range of $600 per day. Looking it up it is $89 per person per day for unlimited rides, over and over if you want, $69 for one time per attraction per day. A paid FP will generally make it a better experience for everyone, not just a few that know the system.

Ripken10

Seen the fireworks at Epcot while on the Skyliner approaching EPCOT

Was picked to ride an attraction first (we were picked once to get a personal tour on Kilimanjaro with just a tour guide and driver...spent extra time at each location with cool info)

Met a Disney celebrity at a resort (we ran into Joe Rohde at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, let me get a picture with him and a quick chat)

Met/knew someone that made you feel like an insider

Been in each of the pools at all the resorts (still working on this, so I fail)...working on the playgrounds too but not sure if my kids will grow up too fast for that one.

Went to buy something that was "on Mickey" (first time this happened to us we thought it was our mother that did it...but when we thanked her she had no idea what we were talking about

Did a "tour" of all the Disney resorts to see their Christmas displays using every transportation option available to finish the day off at the top of the world lounge to watch the fireworks.

Disney+, DVC, Annual Pass Holder, Disney Movie Club, Disney Visa Holder (sorry I don't have D23, so I don't include that one).

Participate in a RunDisney event

This one may have been mentioned, but I don't remember reading it -- The holiday trivecta -- Halloween Party, Christmas Party and seen the Osborne lights.

Never done the 4 parks in one day...I bet more have done 3 in one day than 4. Spent the entire day in MK, then walked through Epcot so I could walk to Hollywood Studios for dinner and Fantasmic! I am sure this is much more common (or the opposite direction) for many veterans.

Lilofan

I saw Steven Tyler and his young girlfriend at HS RockNRoller Coaster gift shop after they both rode the ride attraction. He attracted quite a crowd of women in the small store.

chimchimcheree

I would also add having to be evacuated off a ride, counting the number of hammered Drink-Around-The-World contestants at EPCOT, and taking at least one trip to First Aid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom