Pre-Trip You're going again? You're CRAZY!!

As the title suggests, I just might be a little crazy. After a wonderful 10 day Disney vacation last July, it is time to go back. It wasn't enough, I want more! Every time I mention to a family member or a friend that I am returning to my home, they think I'm nuts! (I might be, but that's a different story!) I figured the best place for people to share my sentiments and excitement would be here... 148 days until Disney!!!

I am returning with my best friend, she's the brunette. I'm the blonde. We survived our last vacation without one single fight.. okay MAYBE I sang "IMAGINATIONNNNNNNN" one too many times.. but we came away from our trip closer than ever. Why not do it again? We're young and we are living for the moment. My Disney Visa may be maxed out at the current moment, but I have 125 reward dollars to spend! It's the little things. :)

We are going the last week of June, staying at Art of Animation for three nights and then taking a DISNEY CRUISE! Going on the Disney Dream for four nights. Yippee! I've never done a cruise, ever. My only experience with ships is from the movie Titanic. Here's hoping there's no icebergs in the Bahamas.

Below is our itinerary.. I would love feedback and suggestions on what to do and how we can make this trip just as special as last time! I'm hoping to try the cupcake challenge again.. since I only have 3 days of eating cupcakes I hope I can succeed.

Day One:

We land in Orlando around 9:30 AM. Figured we would head to the resort AoA for brunch in the food court, check out our new digs if the room is ready, and then it's off to Hollywood Studios.

We plan to do a full day at the park and then head over for dinner at Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge. We both have never eaten here. I am excited! The only "must do" we have is to head over to the Animation Academy and draw something! We had such a blast last time, even if I am a terrible artist!

Day Two:

We want get up early and make it to the park opening of Epcot. Do some attractions in Future World, then head over to the World Showcase as soon as it opens. I tried drinking around the world last visit and didn't succeed, so I want to try again! We also want to spend more time just wandering the countries, and I need to get ice cream from Glaces!

Lunch.. we are not sure. Any counter service suggestions?

Dinner: Biergarten.. again another first for us! I keep reading good things on the forums about this restaurant.. let's hope they are true! It took some heavy convincing for my friend to agree to eat here. She wanted to do Chefs de France again, but I kept arguing that we just did it last trip! It may have been one of the best meals I ate in those 10 days, but I want to try new things!! Who's with me!

Day Three:

Wake up early and make it to rope drop at Magic Kingdom! This trip consists of a lot of waking up early in the beginning, but we hope once we get on the cruise we can relax. The parks are GO GO GO! I'm hoping the Mine Train is open in June (geesh, it better be!) and I'm excited for the new parade. Other than that, we will most likely do whatever we can, we spent a majority of our last trip in the MK so if we miss something this time it will not be a big deal.

Lunch... not sure? What are your favorite counter service restaurants?

Dinner: Tony's.. a first for me. My friend raves about this place and since I got to pick our Epcot dinner, she got to pick our MK one. I love Italian food so I'm sure I'll love Tony's! For the life of me, I cannot think of where Tony's is on Main St.. and I feel like I know that street like the back of my hand!

I feel like it will be weird going to MK on the last day, usually it's the first day for every trip! I guess the anticipation will make it even more worth the wait. How do you guys decide the order of the parks? It's such a tough decision!
Day Four-Eight:

Getting picked up and taken to Port Canaveral and boarding the Disney Dream. Here's where I don't know what do with myself because I don't know how to plan the cruise!

We will be staying on deck 6 and have the later dining rotation. Besides that, that's all I know! Here's hoping I love it out at sea! We paid a little more for a porthole.. hoping a window helps us if we feel confined!

This was the itinerary given for on-board:

Day 1. Port Canaveral, Florida on board 3:45 p.m.
Day 2. Nassau 9:30 AM until 5:45 PM
Day 3. Castaway Cay 8:30 AM until 4:30 PM
Day 4. At Sea
Day 5. Port Canaveral, Florida 7:30 AM

Any tips for first time cruisers? I read on here somewhere to take the mixology course offered.

Thanks for sticking with me this far! Just got so excited that I had to make a pre-trip report. I love reading everyone's reports.. and getting insight and ideas for my own trip. Love this forum so much!

LisaBelle

Have an awesome time! Soooo excited for you. Maybe a little jealous, too. Can't wait to hear what you think about the Wilderness Lodge and cruising! Enjoy every minute. I will be watching for your TR. Bon voyage!

DisSplash

Can't wait to hear all about it later! Gotta go pack myself ... we leave tomorrow AM at way too early an hour. You gotta do whatever you can to get past DC without too much traffic tho!

Enjoy FL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom