Pre-Trip You're going again? You're CRAZY!!

As the title suggests, I just might be a little crazy. After a wonderful 10 day Disney vacation last July, it is time to go back. It wasn't enough, I want more! Every time I mention to a family member or a friend that I am returning to my home, they think I'm nuts! (I might be, but that's a different story!) I figured the best place for people to share my sentiments and excitement would be here... 148 days until Disney!!!

I am returning with my best friend, she's the brunette. I'm the blonde. We survived our last vacation without one single fight.. okay MAYBE I sang "IMAGINATIONNNNNNNN" one too many times.. but we came away from our trip closer than ever. Why not do it again? We're young and we are living for the moment. My Disney Visa may be maxed out at the current moment, but I have 125 reward dollars to spend! It's the little things. :)

We are going the last week of June, staying at Art of Animation for three nights and then taking a DISNEY CRUISE! Going on the Disney Dream for four nights. Yippee! I've never done a cruise, ever. My only experience with ships is from the movie Titanic. Here's hoping there's no icebergs in the Bahamas.

Below is our itinerary.. I would love feedback and suggestions on what to do and how we can make this trip just as special as last time! I'm hoping to try the cupcake challenge again.. since I only have 3 days of eating cupcakes I hope I can succeed.

Day One:

We land in Orlando around 9:30 AM. Figured we would head to the resort AoA for brunch in the food court, check out our new digs if the room is ready, and then it's off to Hollywood Studios.

We plan to do a full day at the park and then head over for dinner at Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge. We both have never eaten here. I am excited! The only "must do" we have is to head over to the Animation Academy and draw something! We had such a blast last time, even if I am a terrible artist!

Day Two:

We want get up early and make it to the park opening of Epcot. Do some attractions in Future World, then head over to the World Showcase as soon as it opens. I tried drinking around the world last visit and didn't succeed, so I want to try again! We also want to spend more time just wandering the countries, and I need to get ice cream from Glaces!

Lunch.. we are not sure. Any counter service suggestions?

Dinner: Biergarten.. again another first for us! I keep reading good things on the forums about this restaurant.. let's hope they are true! It took some heavy convincing for my friend to agree to eat here. She wanted to do Chefs de France again, but I kept arguing that we just did it last trip! It may have been one of the best meals I ate in those 10 days, but I want to try new things!! Who's with me!

Day Three:

Wake up early and make it to rope drop at Magic Kingdom! This trip consists of a lot of waking up early in the beginning, but we hope once we get on the cruise we can relax. The parks are GO GO GO! I'm hoping the Mine Train is open in June (geesh, it better be!) and I'm excited for the new parade. Other than that, we will most likely do whatever we can, we spent a majority of our last trip in the MK so if we miss something this time it will not be a big deal.

Lunch... not sure? What are your favorite counter service restaurants?

Dinner: Tony's.. a first for me. My friend raves about this place and since I got to pick our Epcot dinner, she got to pick our MK one. I love Italian food so I'm sure I'll love Tony's! For the life of me, I cannot think of where Tony's is on Main St.. and I feel like I know that street like the back of my hand!

I feel like it will be weird going to MK on the last day, usually it's the first day for every trip! I guess the anticipation will make it even more worth the wait. How do you guys decide the order of the parks? It's such a tough decision!
Day Four-Eight:

Getting picked up and taken to Port Canaveral and boarding the Disney Dream. Here's where I don't know what do with myself because I don't know how to plan the cruise!

We will be staying on deck 6 and have the later dining rotation. Besides that, that's all I know! Here's hoping I love it out at sea! We paid a little more for a porthole.. hoping a window helps us if we feel confined!

This was the itinerary given for on-board:

Day 1. Port Canaveral, Florida on board 3:45 p.m.
Day 2. Nassau 9:30 AM until 5:45 PM
Day 3. Castaway Cay 8:30 AM until 4:30 PM
Day 4. At Sea
Day 5. Port Canaveral, Florida 7:30 AM

Any tips for first time cruisers? I read on here somewhere to take the mixology course offered.

Thanks for sticking with me this far! Just got so excited that I had to make a pre-trip report. I love reading everyone's reports.. and getting insight and ideas for my own trip. Love this forum so much!

FlaggNL

Hey you are going again :) And even sooner then we :) For us it's still counting down and 258 days/nights to go! Can't wait for your TR, the last one is still one of the best and most pleasant to read!!

Enjoy the pre-feelings!

stevehousse

So excited! I loved your last trip report! Jealous u r going this summer as I have to wait till November :( Cant wait to hear all about it! We are also planning on doing Tonys for the first time and hope to hear good things!

MerMom1981

Sounds like a great trip!

I've got a cruise of my own coming up in 26 days! Though not Disney. 7 night southern Caribbean on Royal Caribbean.
The great thing about a cruse is that you can be as busy as you want to be, or you can just take it easy. There's always fun onboard activities and the shows are supposed to be pretty excellent.

I'll be cruising with my hubs, his parents and our two kids... very different traveling party ;-) But a cruise with your best friend sounds fantastic! Kinda makes me want to do the same!

Nassau is a really fun port. There is great shopping and I loved all the British-Colonial buildings. I could just imaging the Black Pearl on the horizon!
You can also take a cab to the Atlantis resort, but you have to pay some outrageous toll to cross the bridge. They have a beautiful aquarium and all that, but I preferred Nassau itself.

Betsyboo

We love the Biergarten and Tony's. We've had dinner at Biergarten three times and dinner and breakfast (it was a special Grand Gatherings thing a few years ago) at Tony's. Biergarten is fun and lively and you get to meet new people since you are seated at larger tables with other groups. It has never been awkward for us. The cow bell show and the band are great too. If your friend is worried about finding something to eat there she shouldn't be. My son, pickiest eater ever, always finds something he likes and even tried some new things last visit. Your trip sounds awesome. We went as a family last January and are going as an adult trip only next month. Plus, I'm already planning my 2015 adventure to DL and maybe a quick trip back to WDW this fall if I get a good bounce back offer. I'd love to see the F&W.

DisneyMorgan

How exciting! Me and my husband are doing a similar trip in November, 2 nights at Pop then 4 nights on the Dream!! We may add another day after to check out the new HP expansion at Universal :eek: but we will see!

Do you have the Disney Dining app? I think it's called WDW Dining. It lists all of the restaurants on property. Not sure how accurate the menus and prices are but it'll give you an idea of what they offer :)

Can't wait to read your report!

PineapplePrincess

So happy for you! I loved your last trip report! For lunch at Epcot, I would suggest the fish & chips stand. They're really good! For lunch at MK, we like Tortuga Tavern (if it's open). Casey's is good too,but I'm not really a hot dog fan. We like the corn dog nuggets.

Betsyboo

So happy for you! I loved your last trip report! For lunch at Epcot, I would suggest the fish & chips stand. They're really good! For lunch at MK, we like Tortuga Tavern (if it's open). Casey's is good too,but I'm not really a hot dog fan. We like the corn dog nuggets.
Are those Lapu Lapus from the Poly on your avatar? I'm hoping to try one of those next month.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
So excited! I loved your last trip report! Jealous u r going this summer as I have to wait till November :( Cant wait to hear all about it! We are also planning on doing Tonys for the first time and hope to hear good things!

November will be here soon enough! I have read good things about Tony's so I am hoping they are true! I will be sure to fill you in on my experience. I love Italian food and checked the menu out, so I think the only issue I will have is deciding what to order! I went in November in 2011 and had a wonderful time because the parks were a lot less crowded! Wishing my friend was not a teacher! Oh well!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Sounds like a great trip!

I've got a cruise of my own coming up in 26 days! Though not Disney. 7 night southern Caribbean on Royal Caribbean.
The great thing about a cruse is that you can be as busy as you want to be, or you can just take it easy. There's always fun onboard activities and the shows are supposed to be pretty excellent.

I'll be cruising with my hubs, his parents and our two kids... very different traveling party ;-) But a cruise with your best friend sounds fantastic! Kinda makes me want to do the same!

Nassau is a really fun port. There is great shopping and I loved all the British-Colonial buildings. I could just imaging the Black Pearl on the horizon!
You can also take a cab to the Atlantis resort, but you have to pay some outrageous toll to cross the bridge. They have a beautiful aquarium and all that, but I preferred Nassau itself.

Thank you for the tips on Nassau. I've watched the Mary-Kate and Ashley movie numerous times when they go to the Atlantis so I'm hoping to at least see it! I can't wait to shop! I heard the Atlantis waterpark is also pretty cool but can be pricey. It's a little overwhelming thinking of all the possibilities on the cruise! Can't wait to have a new experience though.

And enjoy your vacation! I'm sure you will have a blast and it is so soon! I love watching other people's kids have amazing times, so I'm sure they will bring you much enjoyment on your trip. Thanks for all your help, I hope you write a trip report! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
We love the Biergarten and Tony's. We've had dinner at Biergarten three times and dinner and breakfast (it was a special Grand Gatherings thing a few years ago) at Tony's. Biergarten is fun and lively and you get to meet new people since you are seated at larger tables with other groups. It has never been awkward for us. The cow bell show and the band are great too. If your friend is worried about finding something to eat there she shouldn't be. My son, pickiest eater ever, always finds something he likes and even tried some new things last visit. Your trip sounds awesome. We went as a family last January and are going as an adult trip only next month. Plus, I'm already planning my 2015 adventure to DL and maybe a quick trip back to WDW this fall if I get a good bounce back offer. I'd love to see the F&W.

So glad to hear that there is not only sausage and bratwurst at Biergarten. It constantly gets great reviews on the forums so I am positive it will be a great time. I loved how Hoop-dee-doo had a built in show and that kind of seems what Biergarten will be like. The pictures of the show look so funny! We were a little leery looking at the menu, but there seemed to be other offerings and I am always opening to trying new foods.

That's exciting you are going next month! I wish I was going so soon! Will look forward to hearing how it went, but I don't want to rush your trip so I hope things go slow! I have never been to Disneyland but would love to go in the future. :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
How exciting! Me and my husband are doing a similar trip in November, 2 nights at Pop then 4 nights on the Dream!! We may add another day after to check out the new HP expansion at Universal :eek: but we will see!

Do you have the Disney Dining app? I think it's called WDW Dining. It lists all of the restaurants on property. Not sure how accurate the menus and prices are but it'll give you an idea of what they offer :)

Can't wait to read your report!

Have so much fun!! Can't wait to read your report! We have similar vacations :) I have never read the Harry Potter series but I heard you will love the ride anyway even if you have no clue what is going on. I need to get my butt to universal one of these days. There is never enough time in Orlando to do all that I want to!

I will look up that app.. it seems really helpful! I have a bunch of Disney apps on my phone because I am psycho, but that is not one of them! Thanks for the tip :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster

Mmmm your post made me hungry! Thanks for the ideas!! Last trip we ate at Mexico the two days we did lunch in Epcot, so I really wanna go to a new place! Gosh darn those churritos are so good though! And corn dog nuggets... Mmmmmmm time for me to go get a snack :)

ImagineerDude

Yay! I loved your lastTR, I'm fact our trips overlapped only by a couple of days....but this year I'm going a month and a half earlier than you :p :D

cfry06

Sounds like a wonderful trip! I definitely recommend the Mixology class on the Dream. We participated in November and had a blast! I found the best way to make our plans for the cruise was to pour over the daily Navigators/ newsletters they provide on the ship. Always so much going on! Happy planning!

LisaBelle

I don't think you're crazy! I would live at Disney if I could! So excited to read your pre-trip report. Loved your TR from last summer. I've never been on a cruise, but it looks like a blast. Can't wait to read about it. You asked about counter service places for lunch at Epcot. In World Showcase I love La Cantina de San Angel in Mexico and Yorkshire County Fish Shop in the UK and Sunshine Seasons in Future World. I really enjoyed eating at Tony's back in 2010. If you like creme brûlée, try their pistachio creme brûlée for dessert. It is delicious!! You asked how people decide which parks to visit first. We always start and end our trip at MK and fit in the rest of the parks based on crowd calendars on the touring plans website. Enjoy all the anticipation and planning. Thanks for sharing with us!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Sounds like a wonderful trip! I definitely recommend the Mixology class on the Dream. We participated in November and had a blast! I found the best way to make our plans for the cruise was to pour over the daily Navigators/ newsletters they provide on the ship. Always so much going on! Happy planning!

Do they bring the daily navigators /newsletters to your room? I can't wait to see all the activities they have planned! Wahoo :) And I will def check out the mixology class.. do you just sign up when you get on board?

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I don't think you're crazy! I would live at Disney if I could! So excited to read your pre-trip report. Loved your TR from last summer. I've never been on a cruise, but it looks like a blast. Can't wait to read about it. You asked about counter service places for lunch at Epcot. In World Showcase I love La Cantina de San Angel in Mexico and Yorkshire County Fish Shop in the UK and Sunshine Seasons in Future World. I really enjoyed eating at Tony's back in 2010. If you like creme brûlée, try their pistachio creme brûlée for dessert. It is delicious!! You asked how people decide which parks to visit first. We always start and end our trip at MK and fit in the rest of the parks based on crowd calendars on the touring plans website. Enjoy all the anticipation and planning. Thanks for sharing with us!

I usually always start with MK first so I feel like this trip will be weird! My beloved castle will not make an appearance until my 3rd and final day in the world! We will see how it I guess! Didn't get park hoppers this trip so we are stuck to one park a day!

And I do love creme brulee, thanks for the suggestion! I think I now know what my dessert will be, just gotta decide the entree! :)

Thanks for reading! I love writing everything, extends the magic for a wee little bit longer!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom