Your three questions for Bob Iger and Josh D'Amaro

MagicRat

Nice fantasy! The one who keeps referring WDW as woke got outsmarted by Mickey Mouse!😂
Wow you confused me, so I am on the woke side of things, was I Mickey Moused? A lot of the problems in the world in general is both sides of the spectrum cannot read and cannot write. This creates a multitude of problems. What fantasy are you inferring from my wise blank comment? I thought I was very forthcoming in my last statement.

Are you saying the woke people are the fools or the other side of the fence as fools? I do not understand and want to learn,

MagicRat

(am I the only one who hates the term, "woke"?) 🤔
No ma’am but I also hate the term snowflake. I hate the anger towards pronouns too. I hate the hate that so many possess. So many cannot even write a sentence but can unleash so much hate. I am a heterosexual man and can understand human decency.

Maybe you were being ironic, I am unsure but yeah woke is a crappy term. But understanding is not,

NelleBelle

No ma’am but I also hate the term snowflake. I hate the anger towards pronouns too. I hate the hate that so many possess. So many cannot even write a sentence but can unleash so much hate. I am a heterosexual man and can understand human decency.

Maybe you were being ironic, I am unsure but yeah woke is a crappy term. But understanding is not,
I totally understand the message behind the term and agree with it. I think the term gets so overused that (along with all the other terms of the day--snowflake, cancel culture, etc). I can see your points and agree with them...just dislike the term that everyone uses with it.

Br0ckford

I would ask why the food is so crappy, especially at MK. The food is so much more diverse and better quality at DL, so it's not like they can't do better. Especially the garbage that they call kid's meals.
I have never been to DL, so I'm probably talking out of my posterior on this. My perception is that DL is possibly more local visitors and a somewhat slower pace they enjoy the parks and can therefore have more diverse menus, if that makes sense. It does in my head. At WDW it's go, go, go and we have LLs to get to and book as gotta eat fast, therefore need menus that are more suitable for mass production. Not all the food, you can find some great and diverse eats, but may take more time to enjoy.
Maybe....no.....yes?

Riviera Rita

Can I just address the myth that Genie+ is better than FP+, it's not.
Forgetting the obvious difference of one being free and the other isn't. With Genie+ you can only use it once per ride, get ToT at 9am and that's it, even if there is a ton of availability for ToT later on in the day you cannot use use Genie+ for it, unlike FP+ where the moment you scan your MB/ticket you can good another FP+ for the same ride.
You could book 30/60 days out, but, it was rare for absolutely no availability for rides on the day. Genie+ you have to buy at midnight on the day of your visit, so forget having an early night, but, you could leave it until the morning, but, can you guarantee being able to buy it? Then you have to be awake and signed in at 7am to get a LL for that much wanted ride and you have to take what you are given. With FP+ you booked a time slot that suited you, in fact you could book three and at times to suit you, not what suits Disney.
If you are lucky you may get three or four LL for the entire day with Genie+, but, you could do three by 11am with FP+ and then just play it by ear as I did, check what was the next available that was closest to me.
The only thing Genie+ has over FP+ is the magic lenses, the rest is filler.
So, if you think a $29 Genie+ is better than the free and infinitely more flexible FP+ I would love to know why.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
1) Can I have a job leading one of the parks?

2) What’s the real story with what happened with Kevin Mayer, who was obviously supposed to take over instead of Chapek until he suddenly didn’t?

3) What is the real reason you left precisely when you did in 2020?

CastAStone

Premium Member
I would ask why the food is so crappy, especially at MK. The food is so much more diverse and better quality at DL, so it's not like they can't do better. Especially the garbage that they call kid's meals.
The food is better at Disneyland because they have competition you can walk to. There’s literally restaurants a 3 minute walk from security.

Lilofan

1) Can I have a job leading one of the parks?

2) What’s the real story with what happened with Kevin Mayer, who was obviously supposed to take over instead of Chapek until he suddenly didn’t?

3) What is the real reason you left precisely when you did in 2020?
Kevin Mayer went for greener pastures to be CEO of Tik-Tok. He then was fired 3 months into his new role.

CastAStone

Premium Member
Kevin Mayer went for greener pastures to be CEO of Tik-Tok. He then was fired 3 months into his new role.
He had already been passed over when he went to TikTok and he wasn’t fired.

Why was he passed over for the job they’d set him up to have at Disney? That’s the question.

jaklgreen

I have never been to DL, so I'm probably talking out of my posterior on this. My perception is that DL is possibly more local visitors and a somewhat slower pace they enjoy the parks and can therefore have more diverse menus, if that makes sense. It does in my head. At WDW it's go, go, go and we have LLs to get to and book as gotta eat fast, therefore need menus that are more suitable for mass production. Not all the food, you can find some great and diverse eats, but may take more time to enjoy.
Maybe....no.....yes?
But not everyone tours like you do. WDW gets plenty of locals also. I think that they are just trying to get away with the bare minimum and with the guests being more diverse, they don't get the pushback about it as they should. The acceptance of the mediocrity is the problem.

Lilofan

Maybe....no.....yes?
Hands down CA cuisine in general tops FL cuisine.

Riviera Rita

Question to Bob and Josh: Now the pandemic is officially over don't you think it' time to get rid of the measures brought in to make the parks 'safe' for guests and cast members?
No more park reservations, no more time limit on when you can park hop and proper mousekeeping, we pay good money and if we are lucky we get tea, coffee, towels and toilet paper replenished and as for bed linen, I change mine at home more often than they did during my two week stay ( in other words, they didnt) and the maintenance of the room was poor resulting in a blocked sink.
I'm interested in seeing what kind of housekeeping I get when I stay offside at DL In August.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom