Your most relaxing moment

ask!

Original Poster
Here's a different kind of question...with all there is to see and do, what is your most relaxing moment?

I remember 11 years ago when my kids were 6 and 5, my husband and I laid on a hammock strung between two palm trees along the beach at CB as the kids played in the sand with their Mickey pails.....I can vividly recall the peace and joy of that moment as surely as if I had taken a picture.

With all of the excitement that is Disney World, do you have a favorite relaxing vacation moment/memory?

Peace out,
Andrea

coltow

Last summer DH took DS, 2, to the pool at WL one night. I took 5 minutes to myself and went to the hot tub. I sat by myself in total seclusion for about 5 minutes, eyes closed most of the time just soaking in the sounds. I was in total relazation mode aaaaahhhhhhhh

wdwmomof3

Well, the only "quite time" that I remember from our last trip was when I went to do laundry by myself. I put the clothes in and then I walked over to the bar and got a drink to sip by the pool while the clothes were washing. I felt like I was doing something that I shouldn't and it was great. My husband walked down to check on me and he said "no wonder you don't mind doing the laundry". It was funny. By the way, the drink was great!

Johnnyboy

I suppose there are different levels of relaxation, but as for in-the-theme-park relaxation, I always think back to the lazy river (Castaway Creek) at TL. Coasting down that river around and around . . . . until you bump into a hoard of tubes you didn't see cos you were too relaxed :ROFLOL:

hcswingfield

Walking through an almost empty (except for the occasional cast member) World Showcase on our way back to the Boardwalk after EMH at Epcot. It was the perfect end to a great evening.

Of course, for REALLY relaxed, I guess I should mention the times I've fallen asleep in the Hall of Presidents, the Carousel of Progress, Ellen's Energy Adventure, and Spaceship Earth. :lol:

MaXXimus

Of course, for REALLY relaxed, I guess I should mention the times I've fallen asleep in the Hall of Presidents, the Carousel of Progress, Ellen's Energy Adventure, and Spaceship Earth. :lol:

HAHAHA... I found myself fighting like crazy just a couple weeks ago in Carousel of Progress... I was afraid I was going to start snoring and drooling :eek:

sophie_the_pooh

On our last trip, my husband and I walked around the Boardwalk and sat on a bench facing the water. It wasn't very crowded, so it was very quiet and peaceful. We just sat there and relaxed, it was very nice. Then we had a wonderful dinner at the Flying Fish Cafe, which was also one of the greatest moments of our trip!

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
Relaxed

I'd say the most relaxed I have ever been at Disney was on our honeymoon. My DW and I had dinner at Victoria and Albert's. I have never had a better time or meal at Disney. I wish we could afford to do it every trip.

CoffeeJedi

Last night of the trip, we were waiting for our 8:30 table at Ohana's. We all got a drink at the bar, then went out and sat on the beach and stared across the lagoon at the Magic Kingdom as the sun was going down.
For the 5 days prior, we were running around like crazy people having the time of our lives. We knew that it was time to go home the next day, but everyone was satisfied, "mission accomplished, everything seen and done", our sleep deprivation had caught up with us, and it was time to rest.

happymom52003

I can't think of a specific moment, but here are two things I do on every trip that are relaxing: Waking up before anyone else in my family, getting a cup of coffee and going down to the WL lobby overlooking the pool and bay lake. The WL lobby and grounds at dawn are amazing. Soooo beautiful and peacful. The other thing I enjoy doing is every afternoon when we go back to the resort to rest, after I put my little one down for her nap I go out on our balcony (By myself!!) with a cup of coffee and my travel journal. We have always been lucky enough to get a villa overlooking Bay Lake and/or the Villa's pool, and it is so relaxing to hear the peacful music they play out by the pool and hear the wind in the pine trees, and hear the boat whistle every few minutes, and the soft laughter of the kids at the pool....oh how I wish I was there now! I sip my coffee and write about our morning in my journal. And then if I have time, I usually get out my digital camera and go through the pics we took during the last 24 hours. (funny how both of my realxing moments involve coffee:lookaroun )

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
For me it was sitting in the rocking chairs out on the balcony at AKL watching the zebra and little antelope guy play on the savannah one evening a few weeks ago after dinner at Boma. :animwink:

dteed

Early morning coffee in front of the fireplace at WL. This is done while wife is in shower and kids as still sleeping, 15 to 20 minutes of kicking back and soaking it all in.

Melerella

My most relaxing moment is floating in the lazy river at Typhoon Lagoon on a really hot mid morning. Nothing like that feeling. I love that place! = )

mep517

On the first night of a WDW trip, my husband and I get a beer at the convenience store at Poly and sit on the beach. We also like to enjoy a beverage at the Bel Vue Room after a long day at Epcot. It's always so quiet there, probably one of WDW's best kept secrets!

jalpcm

My most relaxing memory I have is one evening, after a long day at the park and after dinner, sitting on a bench on the beach at the Poly watching the water parade. It was just so nice to sit and relax with the MK in the background.

KaliSplash

Notice how many of these occur at WL. Methinks it's not a coincidence.

Back in the early days when Roaring Forks was open 24 hours, (though the grill closed at 11 or 12), my sons and I came back from an e-ride night and stopped by and purchased chocolate cake and drinks and carried it up to one of the little alcoves just off the lobby overlook and sat and ate and drank and enjoyed our night all over again.

But then, there is also just being in the WL lobby at odd hours, whether that's 3 a-m after an e-ride (now EMH) night or early in the morning to get coffee etc. before breakfast.

I have got to get back to that place soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom