Your Least Favorite DLR Signage Ever?

George Lucas on a Bench

I actually wouldn't even mind that sign were it not for the time of year. That's basically what it was like this weekend, including Mansion. If that sign said "HAUNTED MANSION" with a wait time and not "TEMPORARILY CLOSED", it would be a great sign. Come to think of it, I always look at this sign when I go.

BubbaQuest

Super_Hero_HQ_Disneyland.jpg

Rich T

Original Poster
I...kinda like the Autopia sign. Maybe it's because I grew up loving the gasoline smell of our local Chevron station... during the "Chevron Island" era with the Hawaiian theming... and the weekly cookbook chapter giveaways... and the Blue Chip Stamps... :D

D

Deleted member 107043

You got to give it points for its horrific audacity. It embraces its hideousness like a losing queen on Drag Race who struts away defiantly.

Oh that was just the beginning. Look what they did to the FL Autopia.

5518.AAP_2D00_8.jpg_2D00_500x0.jpg

Hard to believe this is Disneyland. It looks like a very expensive Disney themed birthday party in a public park.

Last edited by a moderator:

FerretAfros

Let's not forget about the GlowFest signage and decorations at DCA in 2010. It was a lot of fun at night (I still think it was the best of DCA's booze-fueled dance parties, by a healthy margin) in no small part due to the lighthearted mishmash of crazy visual, cultural, and musical styles, but during the day it was a special kind of ugly
896794015_HPKE7-X3.jpg

glowfest_dayglow2010ww.jpg

Not that the Hollywood Pictures Backlot was ever one of WDI's crowning achievements, but it's amazing how some temporary installations made the land all but invisible
View attachment 206765 I'll nominate this for Worst Attraction Sign Ever. I might nominate it for Worst Attraction Ever also.
I'll cut it some slack since it was a temporary promotion. I think the worst attraction sign was Rocket Rods, which they installed on a 2-sided marquee, but the budget was too tight for the 2nd sign, so they ended up with this. Although I think Buzz Lightyear is one of the most overrated attractions in the park, at least they managed to give it proper signage
rocketrods7.jpg

And a dishonorable mention to Clarence, @Curious Constance 's favorite midway clown. Man, DCA sure had some terrible graphics!
4864450304_88a92d84f0_b.jpg

D

Deleted member 107043

How dare you besmirch the memory of dearly departed Clarence, Ferret!

What's funny is that used to be one of my favorite signs at DLR and I was hoping they'd keep it on PP. lol

Curious Constance

Let's not forget about the GlowFest signage and decorations at DCA in 2010. It was a lot of fun at night (I still think it was the best of DCA's booze-fueled dance parties, by a healthy margin) in no small part due to the lighthearted mishmash of crazy visual, cultural, and musical styles, but during the day it was a special kind of ugly
896794015_HPKE7-X3.jpg

glowfest_dayglow2010ww.jpg

Not that the Hollywood Pictures Backlot was ever one of WDI's crowning achievements, but it's amazing how some temporary installations made the land all but invisible

I'll cut it some slack since it was a temporary promotion. I think the worst attraction sign was Rocket Rods, which they installed on a 2-sided marquee, but the budget was too tight for the 2nd sign, so they ended up with this. Although I think Buzz Lightyear is one of the most overrated attractions in the park, at least they managed to give it proper signage
rocketrods7.jpg

And a dishonorable mention to Clarence, @Curious Constance 's favorite midway clown. Man, DCA sure had some terrible graphics!
4864450304_88a92d84f0_b.jpg

You remembered that Clarence was me and Han's adopted son!!!

But how DARE you include him among the worst!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom