Your Ideal WDW Job

bhg469

Originally posted by imagineersrock
new employee initiation??? sounds interesting do tell!

well about the initiation i hear that new cast members that work on the ride to a walk through tour and when they reach the large carontaur they start the roar and pretty much scare the dookie out of you.

Sir Hiss527

Originally posted by barnebd5
If I could have any job at WDW...well first off, I heard that when you want a job there you first have to be a character for a week.

So my dream job is to just be a ride operator in at a ride in MK.

Is this true about if you want a job, you haved to be character first for a week? Anyways I wouldnt to be Disney character in the parades at MK, and also a monorail driver, going around "The Seven Seas Lagoon". Best jobs on earth!

-Sir Hiss-

Going to Disney tommorrow!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

goofyfan13

Originally posted by bhg469
well about the initiation i hear that new cast members that work on the ride to a walk through tour and when they reach the large carontaur they start the roar and pretty much scare the dookie out of you.

This is pretty much what I've heard too. It was in Disney Mag. a while back and they said how when new CM's walk the track in the morning they'll shut off the lights and turn on the carnotaur to scare the daylights out of you! It's actually pretty funny:lol:

WDWKing

Probably one of those Movie Geeks I heard about at GMR. (Don't know if it's true or not) Since all I have to do is be myself, and follow the script. :lol:

FormerCM

I moved to Disney from NJ, to fullfill the dream of working at Disney. I worked there for three years and then my dad died suddenly and we are back in NJ.

Truth is IT"S STILL A JOB!!! NO matter where you work. There is still a time card to punch and managers to deal with an occasionally a lousy guest to deal with. That was the best part of the job. Everyone is so happy to be visiting that you very rarely have to deal with miserable people.

RPMdfw

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Oh yeah, the good old days of being a Frontierland Custodial... :cool:

Well, if I could go back, I'd LOVE to be a SuperGreeter (Frontierland or Adventureland preferable... :D ).

A SuperGreeter? That sounds fun! I want to be a SUPERgreeter! Would I get to wear a cape? :D

strobe

People will laugh, but I would drive the boats in EPCOT that shuttle guests between Future World, World Showcase, and the resorts. Why? Because I could enjoy the scenery all day, sit in an air conditioned boat, and meet all sorts of new people.

I love to socialize, it would be perfect for me.

DisneyFreak721

Jungle Cruise skipper- I already tell corny jokes as it is

Tower of Terror Bellhop- I'm kinda evil and I already tell people whenever they come to my house to "DO ENJOY YOUR STAY" with a demonic tone

Haunted Mansion- Staring lifelessly into the eyes of others seems like fun

Anything on Alien Encounter

OR, because I know the layout of the parks better than i know the back of my hand, any of the tip boards.

Bagheera

If the job is what I think it is, I'd take SuperGreeter, just about anywhere in any park!

Unfortunately, that'll have to wait until I retire, as I can't afford the pay cut. With many people taking the NYS retirement incentive in the office and talk of retirement around the office, everybody keeps asking me if, when I retire (a loooong time from now), I'm going to work at WDW. I tell 'em "heck yeah!" (Or something like that which would get censored off of the board.)

SewIn2Disney

Ummm...I'm surprised no one has said this yet, but I would give anything to be Michael Eisner. (even for a day) I've already got plans to marry into the family so I can someday own Disney. He's got a son just my age!

If we're being realistic here, I would like to work in the sewing department for Disney. (Like in that setup you see on the backlot tour in Disney Studios.)
Designing and sewing costumes for all the shows would be so cool. then you could sit there and say, "I made that!"

surfsupdon

When I was real young, my favorite ride was Big Thunder Mtn RR. I used to tell my parents I wanted to drive the "runaway train" all day. Then i realized on a subsequent trip that obviosuly no one drives it!! I used to picture a man sitting in the engine driving the train, and THAT is what I had aspired. How fun that would be for me as a kid!!!

Nansafan

Original Poster
This is so cool! I only posted this question yesterday and already there are 4 pages of responses. Thanks to all who responded.

I would like to be right in the spotlight as a performer in one of the parades. Also in the past when I have seen the Festival of the Lion King, I would tell my fiancee again and again that I would love to be one of those dancers. Look like they have such a great time!:lol:

Katherine

I would want to be in a parade or show!! I would rather be in a parade just because then you can interact with the kids watching! A show would be fun to cause I love being on stage!! Anything though at WDW would be really fun though.

Irrawaddy Erik

I would want to be MKTiggerman/Rob

Voice over: (Pssssst Erik someone already has that job)

DARN!!!!!! I guess I would work in Fantasyland and Toontown

:D

goofyman

All plannd out. when retired i am moving to Disney and going to be the guy on the back of the parking lot trams that tells you to get on and off. I met a CM last trip who did just that. Moved from NY, retired and was just as happy as could be..thats what i want
"OK driver we are clear":sohappy: :sohappy: :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom