Your help needed?

mrs moon

Original Poster
Which resort would you choose......choice is Caribbean. Riverside or Coronado, we are party of 3 ladies, travelling Oct 2019

Tom 55

Me too. Riverside is the better of the 3 you listed but is would go with POFQ. It has a better busing situation and the boat to Disney Springs. The only down side is no table service restaurant. You can have a lovely walk along the river up to Riverside if you want table service at Boatwrights.

Weather_Lady

Another vote for Port Orleans (either one). Caribbean Beach is beautiful but still very much under construction, and Coronado Springs' new rooms are so Spartan and cold they look like they were designed for undergoing medical procedures, not enjoying vacations. Port Orleans has it all -- location (walking distance or a nice boat ride to Disney Springs, and great bus service elsewhere), attractive theming, lots to do, and a relaxing vibe. Plus, you can choose the footprint you like best (small - POFQ, sprawling - PORS).

thumper

My vote of the 3 you inquired about would be POR. I just stayed at CBR last weekend, and am not impressed with all the changes that have been made.

thumper

Really??? looking on utube,they look amazing!!

Beautiful reno of the lobby/sitting area, but I'm hoping check-in queue and process is still working out its initial kinks. They're still working on the sidewalks outside of Port Royale from main entrance to the bus stops there, so you just have to be very aware (particularly at night as the lighting was pretty low), as we noticed a lot of vans/service vehicles tend to park there, so you're walking in the driveway where cars and magical express drop off. It's a short distance, but I hope they get that construction done real soon.

Finally, did not particularly like the set-up of the new food court. There is one wraparound line to select and pay for your food, and you are asked if you would like to dine in or to-go. When we dined in, we were handed a buzzer, but never told if they bring you the food or if you have to go up to a counter to retrieve it. We later learned that at dinner, the CM's will bring out your food on these rolling warming carts and deliver. Also - food court closes around 11:30 am and doesn't reopen until 5 pm, so your option is the grab and go market. The beverage/condiment section gets VERY clustered. It is not set up in a "square" fashion such as POR or POFQ with option to go on either side.

Positives were the grand entrance into the lobby area, the Banana Cabana Pool Bar (beautifully done), and the walkways right outside Sebastian's restaurant/pool are very pleasant. New Port Royale (Centertown) is themed perfectly. Now if my eye can just overlook the large pile-ons for the gondolas going right through Jamaica/Aruba....:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom